PDA

View Full Version : Fitz starting must be RW's call!

Ebenezer
09-20-2010, 08:01 PM
If Fitz does end up the starter then this just looks so typical. How many want to bet that the old man is embarrassed and told the football department that he wants some wins? :stretcher

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
ralph can't even talk doubt he is making much of any calls anymore except for his nurse to bring him his medication.

anyone can see that trent was doing awful.......

Cleve
09-20-2010, 08:14 PM
If Fitz does end up the starter then this just looks so typical. How many want to bet that the old man is embarrassed and told the football department that he wants some wins? :stretcher

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Wilson pulling the strings here, in his usual clueless and heavy-handed fashion.

And if it's true, I wonder how long Gailey will put up with Wilson's meddling before walking? Wilson was far from a football genius even in his prime.... and he's long past that point now.

Patti120
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
While we all know that RW has meddled in the past, I really believe this was a Gailey decision and maybe he consulted with Nix, but I don't think RW had anything to do with it. Of course I could be totally wrong but this is just my opinion.

Nighthawk
09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
IMO...Edwards and Fitz are on this team because Ralphy like them both and wanted them here. God knows that it isn't because either of them can play!

Ground Chuck
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind want to see any more of Edwards? I know I've seen enough.

BillsWin
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
If Edwards continued to start I would say that's a Ralph move. Fitz starting reeks of a football decision. Ala Chan Gailey.

Billz_fan
09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Ralph's call ? I dunno man, I think Ralph's decisions are limited to the Dennys and IHOP menu's each day :D

Ebenezer
09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
won't matter - this team isn't going to win many games.

kingJofNYC
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Everyone involved should be embarrassed, and they should try to save face any way they can. It shouldn't take a phone call from Wilson.

Won't really matter, but maybe we can put a couple of wins together and avoid making it a bigger disaster than it already is.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Everyone involved should be embarrassed, and they should try to save face any way they can. It shouldn't take a phone call from Wilson.

Won't really matter, but maybe we can put a couple of wins together and avoid making it a bigger disaster than it already is.

The last 10 years have been embarrassing, yet, they still keep their jobs, and they still do the same mistakes and hire losers to coach the team.

Look at the staff Gailey has hired. It's a complete joke. The only thing consistent with the coaches on his staff is their all proven losers. This year was a big hill to climb from the get-go, and yet, Gailey got away without hiring an offensive coordinator to help him out, and no, i don't count the loser they hired from Arizona to be the running backs coach.

Oaf
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
While we all know that RW has meddled in the past, I really believe this was a Gailey decision and maybe he consulted with Nix, but I don't think RW had anything to do with it. Of course I could be totally wrong but this is just my opinion.
I doubt it. This guy was 100% behind Edwards the entire summer and to flip flop so fast either shows how much he wasn't paying attention to the QBs during the summer or that he just plain misjudged how far Edwards was "ahead" of Brohm/Fitz. That and he didn't elaborate much beyond "we needed a spark." Can't you just imagine RW finding his way into Gailey's office and stating those exact same words?

trapezeus
09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
ralph: Um, guys, i don't want to pay $50mm in guarantees. Can we get maybe 5 wins and slide into that $20MM guarantee money. That way we can disgruntle the guy in 2 years and skip out on the rest of his contract but have made back some of the damages from the fans who buy new jerseys after each bust.

Gailey: well, fitz can't throw the ball very far. he tries and he's guttsier than edwards, but he's going to miss on a lot of plays.

Ralph: ok, well put Marv in.

Gailey: we can't put an 80 year old into the game.

ralph: and why not. They said a 90 year old couldn't field a competitive team in buffalo. but i'm showing them.

Gailey: (reaches for gun in drawer and kills himself)

And scene.

YardRat
09-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't believe Ralph has as much input on the day-to-day decisions as some would like to think.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't believe Ralph has as much input on the day-to-day decisions as some would like to think.

Didn't he have dinner with Alex Van Pelt every Friday night to go over the offensive game plan?

kingJofNYC
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
The last 10 years have been embarrassing, yet, they still keep their jobs, and they still do the same mistakes and hire losers to coach the team.

Look at the staff Gailey has hired. It's a complete joke. The only thing consistent with the coaches on his staff is their all proven losers. This year was a big hill to climb from the get-go, and yet, Gailey got away without hiring an offensive coordinator to help him out, and no, i don't count the loser they hired from Arizona to be the running backs coach.

Yeah, George Edwards is a nobody. It's not like Urban Meyer hired him to coach D at one of the biggest programs in the nation. The same program Belicheck visits every year to take part in various coaching clinics. Relax, the staff isn't amazing, but it isn't **** either.

As for the FO, it's on Nix right now. He should be able to fire/hire whomever he wants, if Modrak is still there that should reflect more on Nix than anyone else. Nix brought in Whaley to be AGM, those Steelers are total losers!

Let everything play out, stop blaming Wilson for what's going on in the present, I don't believe he's interested in sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. He did in the past, but the guy is 90, didn't even show up to press conferences. Nix is in charge and everything from here on out falls on him. The past is just that, the past.

Fitz is starting because Trent has been an awful QB for last two seasons+.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
are you serious? anyone can see that trent blows and shouldn't even be on the team.

justasportsfan
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
The switch was made because Ralph realized that he could throw further than Trent can.

Ralph actually liked trent. at least thats what a wgr reporter said when he talked to Ralph in the past.

malvado78
09-21-2010, 06:44 AM

How can anyone see that this is a bad thing? The owner wants some WINS.

I don't see your premise as being realistic at all. Makes no sense.

Ralph should be embarrassed. Did you watch the last two games. Edwards did nothing to help the Bills win. Will Fitz probably not but who knows? We will see on Sunday...

Beebe's Kid
09-21-2010, 07:05 AM
How can anyone see that this is a bad thing? The owner wants some WINS.

I don't see your premise as being realistic at all. Makes no sense.

Ralph should be embarrassed. Did you watch the last two games. Edwards did nothing to help the Bills win. Will Fitz probably not but who knows? We will see on Sunday...

Ohhhhhhh......little Kool Aid drinker you have much to learn.

There are many, many here that possess an understanding that you and I will never be able to comprehend. That is why it makes no sense to us.

I has nothing to do with Trent's inability to generate points, move the ball, or complete a pass.

This is far deeper than that... This is another example. He gets a free pass for keeping the Biils in town, when in reality he is simply trying to **** our lives.

Well now he has gone too far. If he thinks he can rule with an iron fist and put somebody in that gives a chance of winning, well we won't stand for iti.

He will listen to us, the fans, and this team will go in the tank for a draft choiice!!

TacklingDummy
09-21-2010, 07:16 AM
The Bills switched from Charmin to Scotts. Still wiping the same crap.

ChristopherWalken
09-21-2010, 07:34 AM
I think this is definitly Gailey's call. Watching the press conference, he was obviously embarased that he had to shuffle the line-up but he was adament on pushing the fact that his coaching team had all of the QBs ready for such a case. In addition, based on Trent's history, I don't think he was 100% sold on Trent's abilities. He emphasized that this wasn't all Trent's fault, which is true (to some extent), but you can't help but think if that had been Trent's 2nd full game in his career, he wouldn't be seeing the bench quite this quickly in the season.

Gailey is not an idiot. He's been around football for a long time and is especially keen to the mentality and mechanics of QBs. Ralph is indeed a pushy micro-manager, but I think Wilson had very little to do with this move...IMO.

Trent's career as an NFL starter is officially over.

better days
09-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Well, if it was Ralphs call, it was a GOOD one. Just proves Ralph hasn't lost it. Maybe Ralph, Buddy & Chan read these boards & came to a group decision. They knew they could no longer sell Trent to the fans.

Historian
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM

I believe Jeff Littman does.

ddaryl
09-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't think Ralph has anythign to do with anything anymore... and he sure had nothing to do with the QB change

Any fan with a football IQ could realize that after 3 years and 2 games there needed to be a change at QB.

Edwards was given a chance... He just can't handle the pro game and Chan could see it.

Novacane
09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Why would this be RW's call? Trent Blows. If Gailey can't see that and bench Trent himself he should not have gotten the job.

malvado78
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Ohhhhhhh......little Kool Aid drinker you have much to learn.

There are many, many here that possess an understanding that you and I will never be able to comprehend. That is why it makes no sense to us.

I has nothing to do with Trent's inability to generate points, move the ball, or complete a pass.

This is far deeper than that... This is another example. He gets a free pass for keeping the Biils in town, when in reality he is simply trying to **** our lives.

Well now he has gone too far. If he thinks he can rule with an iron fist and put somebody in that gives a chance of winning, well we won't stand for iti.

He will listen to us, the fans, and this team will go in the tank for a draft choiice!!

Thanks for the clarification... :)

Ralph you wiley old man you!

Night Train
09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Who cares who called it. It's the right decision 1 1/2 years too late.

RIP Trentative and your gutless game.

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2010, 11:46 AM
i don't know what some of yous are crying about. even with fitz we're going to go 2-14 and get the 1st draft pick. slow your roles.

DBrown77
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM

What the heck is the football department?

GreedoII
09-21-2010, 06:06 PM

Do you really think Ralph has any clue on what's going on anymore? He has nothing to do with any of this stuff. This crap before us is a direct result of the regime of Donahoe and that POS Dickless Jauron. They set us back a decade.

So know we have to sit through this mess until they can clean it up. Yes, it's Ralph's fault in the end since he made the decision with these fools but now...he's a shriveled up walking carcass.

I won't let that overrated clueless dolt Levy off the hook either. He was a clown in the 90's and solidified it as a GM or whatever the hell it was he was doing. He did his damage and took off.

YardRat
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I believe Jeff Littman does.

Yeah...I'm not going to disagree with that at all.

Ground Chuck
09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I think Ralph is too focused on QB's. He should provide more input on the OT's, LB's, WR's, and TE's

X-Era
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM

The 2nd I saw the change, I thought of this and I wondered if you would post something like this.

The move does stink of moth balls and denture cream

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
ralph should be focusing on selling the team to jim kelly.

X-Era
09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
ralph should be focusing on selling the team to jim kelly.

I cant picture Jimbo tolerating crappy QB's... that just wouldnt happen.