• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Fitz starting must be RW's call!

If Fitz does end up the starter then this just looks so typical. How many want to bet that the old man is embarrassed and told the football department that he wants some wins?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: Fitz starting must be RW's call!

ralph can't even talk doubt he is making much of any calls anymore except for his nurse to bring him his medication.

anyone can see that trent was doing awful.......

Comment

• Cleve
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      If Fitz does end up the starter then this just looks so typical. How many want to bet that the old man is embarrassed and told the football department that he wants some wins?
      It wouldn't surprise me at all if Wilson pulling the strings here, in his usual clueless and heavy-handed fashion.

And if it's true, I wonder how long Gailey will put up with Wilson's meddling before walking? Wilson was far from a football genius even in his prime.... and he's long past that point now.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Patti120
        • Aug 2004

While we all know that RW has meddled in the past, I really believe this was a Gailey decision and maybe he consulted with Nix, but I don't think RW had anything to do with it. Of course I could be totally wrong but this is just my opinion.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

IMO...Edwards and Fitz are on this team because Ralphy like them both and wanted them here. God knows that it isn't because either of them can play!

Comment

• Ground Chuck
            • Jul 2009

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see any more of Edwards? I know I've seen enough.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

If Edwards continued to start I would say that's a Ralph move. Fitz starting reeks of a football decision. Ala Chan Gailey.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Ralph's call ? I dunno man, I think Ralph's decisions are limited to the Dennys and IHOP menu's each day
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

won't matter - this team isn't going to win many games.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Everyone involved should be embarrassed, and they should try to save face any way they can. It shouldn't take a phone call from Wilson.

Won't really matter, but maybe we can put a couple of wins together and avoid making it a bigger disaster than it already is.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                      Everyone involved should be embarrassed, and they should try to save face any way they can. It shouldn't take a phone call from Wilson.

Won't really matter, but maybe we can put a couple of wins together and avoid making it a bigger disaster than it already is.
                      The last 10 years have been embarrassing, yet, they still keep their jobs, and they still do the same mistakes and hire losers to coach the team.

Look at the staff Gailey has hired. It's a complete joke. The only thing consistent with the coaches on his staff is their all proven losers. This year was a big hill to climb from the get-go, and yet, Gailey got away without hiring an offensive coordinator to help him out, and no, i don't count the loser they hired from Arizona to be the running backs coach.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Patti120
                        While we all know that RW has meddled in the past, I really believe this was a Gailey decision and maybe he consulted with Nix, but I don't think RW had anything to do with it. Of course I could be totally wrong but this is just my opinion.
                        I doubt it. This guy was 100% behind Edwards the entire summer and to flip flop so fast either shows how much he wasn't paying attention to the QBs during the summer or that he just plain misjudged how far Edwards was "ahead" of Brohm/Fitz. That and he didn't elaborate much beyond "we needed a spark." Can't you just imagine RW finding his way into Gailey's office and stating those exact same words?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

ralph: Um, guys, i don't want to pay $50mm in guarantees. Can we get maybe 5 wins and slide into that $20MM guarantee money. That way we can disgruntle the guy in 2 years and skip out on the rest of his contract but have made back some of the damages from the fans who buy new jerseys after each bust.

Gailey: well, fitz can't throw the ball very far. he tries and he's guttsier than edwards, but he's going to miss on a lot of plays.

Ralph: ok, well put Marv in.

Gailey: we can't put an 80 year old into the game.

ralph: and why not. They said a 90 year old couldn't field a competitive team in buffalo. but i'm showing them.

Gailey: (reaches for gun in drawer and kills himself)

And scene.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I don't believe Ralph has as much input on the day-to-day decisions as some would like to think.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I don't believe Ralph has as much input on the day-to-day decisions as some would like to think.
                              Didn't he have dinner with Alex Van Pelt every Friday night to go over the offensive game plan?
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X