PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Redskins

Mike
09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Having watched both teams play 2games, I would conclude that Washington is way better. Now you may wounder why I am even bringing up this point.

So this is why: just a few month ago we were better then them, a lot better. They had a worse record the year before, were awful to watch and even drafted in the top 5. Their o-line was in shambles, they had no QB, their RB was getting old, no Wr etc... along with an average D.

In comes a real coach, along with a real GM, and in one draft and off-season they improve every element of their team. Their offence is now good, not great but good. Their defense, which was also switched over from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is competitive and making players while we have headed in the opposite direction.

If the Bills FO and Coaching is competitive and as good as some on this board seem to think they are, why are the Bills worse than a year ago and a team like the Redskins much better than a year ago? Shouldn't we have gotten better if we have a better FO and Coaching? Lastly, if we have a good FO & Coaching why does rebuilding need to take 2-3years when it has been done 1yr by other GMs & Coaches?

Mr. Pink
09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
They have a real QB.

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
is this even a legit question?

Gibran Chandan
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Having watched both teams play 2games, I would conclude that Washington is way better. Now you may wounder why I am even bringing up this point.

Yes, I do wonder why you're bringing this up.

Why not ask "is fire hot" or "does getting hit by a train hurt?"

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM

So this is why: just a few month ago we were better then them, a lot better. They had a worse record the year before, were awful to watch and even drafted in the top 5. Their o-line was in shambles, they had no QB, their RB was getting old, no Wr etc... along with an average D.

In comes a real coach, along with a real GM, and in one draft and off-season they improve every element of their team. Their offence is now good, not great but good. Their defense, which was also switched over from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is competitive and making players while we have headed in the opposite direction.

If the Bills FO and Coaching is competitive and as good as some on this board seem to think they are, why are the Bills worse than a year ago and a team like the Redskins much better than a year ago? Shouldn't we have gotten better if we have a better FO and Coaching? Lastly, if we have a good FO & Coaching why does rebuilding need to take 2-3years when it has been done 1yr by other GMs & Coaches?

Please ask this question in two years when McNabb is gone...half of their "superstars" are out of the game, and still owed money, and they are buying up all of the Albert Haynesworths of the league.

To answer your question now, they are fortunate, I won't say lucky, that Philadelphia was so sold on Kold that they let McNabb go. They are also very lucky that the Cowboys are sucking, and the Texans...oh wait they lost that game.

I am fine if we end up sucking, but let's revisit this question in 6 weeks. 2 weeks may be a little premature...not after we lost and you want to "prove" whatever point you are trying to make, but for any real idea of where we are at.

Mike
09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
There is only one logical conclusion and that is that the Redskins FO and most other FO are better than the Bills, thus it would be illogical to expect any change for the better at OBD.

Expect the Bills to get worse before they get better and getting the top pick is of little use if you can not pick the right player with that pick.

Demon
09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Washington, hands down.

That was easy. Next question?

Mike
09-20-2010, 09:06 PM
They have a real QB
Please ask this question in two years when McNabb is gone...half of their "superstars" are out of the game, and still owed money, and they are buying up all of the Albert Haynesworths of the league.

Thats great! So the excuse as to why they are better is because they got a better QB...lol

Thats the whole point. A good FO gets Good Coaches and GMs who inturn get good players, QBs, and create schemes that are effective. This is why I am saying that they have a better FO than us, better coaches, and now -in 6mo- much better players.

The point is, that a Lagit FO along with a good GM and Coach can turn a team around quickly by replacing bad players with good players.

Conversely, Bills fans are buying the bs that their players need to be developed and that we need to build only through the draft while the good teams do the opposite they let a Joseph Campbell walk so they can upgrade to a McNabb.

Mike
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Good Question, but there is no evidence to conclude anything from. Its just injunction, a hypothetical.

I could make a similar future argument and say, "What is the Redskins draft the next Brady in the 6th round, and get 4-5 superstars in the next 2 drafts and win 2SB between now and then, while the Bills are still rebuilding."

Thing is all we know is what is before us at this moment. The Skins have dramatically improved, while the Bills have digressed. This goes to show that quick change is possible and that the Bills are not experiencing such a change.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Thats great! So the excuse as to why they are better is because they got a better QB...lol

Thats the whole point. A good FO gets Good Coaches and GMs who inturn get good players, QBs, and create schemes that are effective. This is why I am saying that they have a better FO than us, better coaches, and now -in 6mo- much better players.

The point is, that a Lagit FO along with a good GM and Coach can turn a team around quickly by replacing bad players with good players.

Conversely, Bills fans are buying the bs that their players need to be developed and that we need to build only through the draft while the good teams do the opposite they let a Joseph Campbell walk so they can upgrade to a McNabb.

Jason Campbell first.

Second, the Bills expressed interest in getting Donovan...Donovan wanted no part of Buffalo which has since turned into Buddy Nix laying a snide remark after week 1 in his press conference.

You can go up and down the roster, even with what Washington had on the field last year and conclude fairly quickly that they had a more talented group of players. And that was with a group of front office people and a HC that got the axe.

But you know we keep guys like Modrak around for the fun of it.

Also the fact that they have an owner who is willing to shell out whatever money is necessary at anytime doesn't hurt. Eventually they'll start picking the right players to give the money to.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2010, 02:37 AM

To answer your question now, they are fortunate, I won't say lucky, that Philadelphia was so sold on Kold that they let McNabb go. They are also very lucky that the Cowboys are sucking, and the Texans...oh wait they lost that game.

I am fine if we end up sucking, but let's revisit this question in 6 weeks. 2 weeks may be a little premature...not after we lost and you want to "prove" whatever point you are trying to make, but for any real idea of where we are at.

McNabb is only 34, why is he gone in 2 years? In 2013 you can revisit your thought McNabb would have been gone.

Their entire defense outside of London Fletcher is young and full of talented players...LaRon Landry, DeAngelo Hall, Orakpo, Rocky Mcintosh, Reed Doughty...the oldest guy of that group is 28.

Chris Cooley and Santana Moss, their two biggest offensive playmakers are 29 and 31. Fred Davis is 24.

But just focus on guys like Joey Galloway, London Fletcher and Donovan and wrongly come to the conclusion that they're old.

The Redskins will win about 6-7 games while the Bills are busy trying to win 2, why don't you revisit that statement in December.

Historian
09-21-2010, 04:55 AM
They have a real coach.

Cleve
09-21-2010, 06:10 AM
One Bills Drive should have made getting a competent quarterback on the roster THE top priority, a burning priority, during the off-season.

Instead they shot their wad on Spiller, sent T.O. out the door and kept the 3 Stooges in place for 2010. That was just inexcusable. Any good team needs more than one decent receiver (Evans). Who is to blame for this failure? The Nix/Gailey regime, or is the fault once again Ralph Wilson Jr's?

As soon as I heard that Edwards was starting, I assumed the season was a complete write-off/waste. It appears my original assessment was correct. I'd feel a tad more optimistic with Fitzpatrick starting except....

We've already seen him play in 8 games.... no great hope for improvement there.

X-Era
09-21-2010, 06:23 AM
One Bills Drive should have made getting a competent quarterback on the roster THE top priority, a burning priority, during the off-season.

Instead they shot their wad on Spiller, sent T.O. out the door and kept the 3 Stooges in place for 2010. That was just inexcusable.

Its only excusable if you truly plan to build through the draft and it works. Bringing in Derek Anderson for example is simply a slight upgrade to Fitz and not a long term solution.

I think they think:

The answer for this team is to draft your franchise QB.

In the meantime, keep what you have that has worth, unless you can add to the team by trading them. But dont let it simply walk out the door.

Add young players in free agency who are on the verge of becoming good.

And even through adversity, stick to the long term plan.

I would like them to sign a few big name free agents. Someone like David Harris would be nice. And for them to get a legit starter vet at QB as well as spending our 1st pick on a QB. Someone like Vick would be nice. Then follow the rest of the plan.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2010, 06:27 AM
:spam:

Mike
09-21-2010, 10:53 AM
They have a real coach.

Exactly. They have a real coach & FO that dramatically improved the team in no time. If the Bills had the same we would not be arguing who to start: Trent or Fitz

Night Train
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Who ISN'T better right now ?

OpIv37
09-21-2010, 10:59 AM

just to clear one thing up- the Redskins made good use of this cap-less season to pay off some of those big contracts. For example, they gave Haynesworth $21 million this off season, which takes away a big chunk of what he was owned. They did the same thing with a couple of other players, although I can't remember which ones at the moment. So, assuming the new CBA doesn't crack down on teams that played games this year without a cap, they won't be stuck in cap jail down the road.

Of course, they'll probably keep going after the Albert Haynesworths of the league, but that's a different issue.

DMBcrew36
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
We were not better than the Skins a few months ago -- you must be high

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
There is no question Washington is better. They have better players and a better coach. Who around here is claiming otherwise?