• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

positive vibe thread

maybe, just maybe, Greenbay is the bottoming out. unlikely, but maybe this is the start of being able to evaluate the rest of the team. if fitz can just throw the ball to the right reads and we can see other players fail, then we know what we need to change.

just like on defense, we see that kelsay isn't going to get it, that the LB is pretty awful and that maybe another solid lineman is needed.

on offense, we really don't know. if another qb goes back there and gets killed, its the line. if he throws the ball and wr's keep dropping, we get to evaluate the wideouts.

all we have is hope now....let's hope hope loves us a little.
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Re: positive vibe thread

The Most Positive thing to do is to fully Realize & Acknowledge the Situation and then change it. For the first time in 10years many of the fans are starting to realize the situation - OBD not very good- and acknowledge it. It all starts at the top and ends there as well. Until this is done, no amount of denial will win us a championship.
    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Hogwasher
      • Aug 2010

Green Bay is a good team. They played very well. We aren't going to win these type of games without a heroic effort. The defense stopped the run and long passes. We ran the ball acceptably. We showed effort and we are in very good shape, better than last year.

The offense may improve with Fitzpatrick and more time to work with our young guys. We might make ourselves into a decent team before this season is done.

Having Kelsay there was a questionable decision. Green Bay seemed to make an extra effort to run to keep him on the field by using big formations. As players get healthy and experienced, we may see him on the field less. He was excellent against the run.
      Last edited by Hogwasher; 09-20-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Kyle Williams and the D-Line look good. Corners look pretty decent. Hangy and the middle look pretty good. Corey McIntyre has been picking up defenders, the RB's seem pretty consistent.

There's always next year.

That's about as positive as I can get.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
          maybe, just maybe, Greenbay is the bottoming out. unlikely, but maybe this is the start of being able to evaluate the rest of the team. if fitz can just throw the ball to the right reads and we can see other players fail, then we know what we need to change.

just like on defense, we see that kelsay isn't going to get it, that the LB is pretty awful and that maybe another solid lineman is needed.

on offense, we really don't know. if another qb goes back there and gets killed, its the line. if he throws the ball and wr's keep dropping, we get to evaluate the wideouts.

You need more games to get evidence that this team sucks and majority of our starters are bums....? Wow. I expected more out of you, trapezeus.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Ah, the Bills Zone. Where positive threads go to die. Nice try though, Trap, if a bit half-hearted.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              Id rather have Luck.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

What's the next stage... ? the warm and fuzzy thread...

I just want to see the team improve and start to make some plays that actually make me jump out of my seat and scream while spilling drinks and food everywhere because I'm just too excited.

Which is a far cry from throwing my face into a pillow and screaming and being unable to enjoy my food an ddrink

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

last year after the cleveland game, we stayed with edwards. At least now we are moving beyond him.

i think if fitz can at least show us what we have in the wideouts andw hat we don't have in our wideouts, we are in better shape.

i still don't think the line will allow fitz to end the season, and i don't think they'll allow him to be wildly better than edwards....it's really about getting to feel that we have a shot.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Fitz should at least make Sundays a little more fun. His gonads have not receded into his body cavity like Trent.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      His gonads have not receded into his body cavity like Trent.
                      Male pattern ballessness?

Comment

Working...
                      X