PDA

View Full Version : Is Trent Edward's career now as bad as J.P. Losmans?

Hogwasher
09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
So far as their careers in Buffalo, both have now been benched after multiple spectacular failures. Is Edwards making Losman look better lately?

Joe Fo Sho
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
So far as their careers in Buffalo, both have now been benched after multiple spectacular failures. Is Edwards making Losman look better lately?

In terms of stats, I really don't know and frankly I don't care.

They both lost, so we can call that a wash.

Losman was the last QB to make Buffalo football exciting for me, so he takes the cake. I've been wishing we had Losman since early last year.

I hate Trent Edwards. I may be biased, but I think Edwards' career was worse than Losman's.

sven233
09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Edwards was worse to watch.......both were bad, though.

But at least Losman through it down the field and made some big plays once in a while. Trent has very few plays that come to mind. Very boring.

Can't wait for our new QB of the Future to get here, though.

Oaf
09-20-2010, 11:56 PM
It boggles my mind why we're not keeping Edwards in there to dig his own grave. That way, we won't be asking this question about the next guy and edwards in 3 years.

Also, Trent Edwards was the front page story on USA Today Sports in week 7, 2008. Long time, huh?

Extremebillsfan247
09-21-2010, 12:10 AM
So far as their careers in Buffalo, both have now been benched after multiple spectacular failures. Is Edwards making Losman look better lately? Not quite. Edwards was a 3rd round selection. He wasn't drafted here because this team thought he was an immediate answer. It was different for Losman because he was a first round selection. He was projected by this team at that time in 2004 to have immediate impact potential. His bust factor was almost 3 times bigger than Edwards was.

Demon
09-21-2010, 12:52 AM
JP Losman had a much greater career.

1. Edwards has never thrown for over 300 yards in a game, i believe Losman did it three times.

2. Losman has a UFL title, i doubt Edwards will have much success there since he's been a loser his entire life.

Buffalogic
09-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Bills haven't had a 300 yard passer since 2006 jp losman. Yeah, it's that bad.

Historian
09-21-2010, 04:53 AM
We could probably still get Losman back....

Jan Reimers
09-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Edwards is far worse. He never cleaned up the streets of Buffalo.

DynaPaul
09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
They all sucked. The last watchable QB's we had were Flutie and Bledsoe and that isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

don137
09-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Both players just do not have the mental make up of a NFL QB and as a result are awful NFL QBs but Losman at least embraced Buffalo and could make one big play every now and then. Edwards has done nothing to win over the people of Buffalo and does not know how to throw a deep ball in the regular season.

Cleve
09-21-2010, 06:13 AM
LOSE-man absolutely sucked, blows goats, however you want to phrase it. No NFL team would ever get to the playoffs with J.P. at the helm - he had the pocket presence of a box of rocks.

Captain Check-down is slightly more incompetent. Edwards even looks like he's trying for the J.P. lite look with the grungy long hair and sideburns and all. Not sure why he thinks imitating Losman is a good move for his career, but he's done it.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Losman was entertaining to watch screw up.

Trent is boring to watch screw up.

Dujek
09-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Losman was entertaining to watch screw up.

Trent is boring to watch screw up.

That's it exactly. They're both as bad as each other, but at least Losman looked like he was making an effort and trying to make things happen, he just didn't have the ability to match his intentions.

Luisito23
09-21-2010, 07:06 AM
That POS TE ruined my last 2 Sundays, win or lose I'm glad it won't be a 3rd.

Mahdi
09-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Worse. JP at least had guts.

THRILLHO
09-21-2010, 07:38 AM
JP had a better quote to the media:
"Sometimes you buy a house. Whoops."

Historian
09-21-2010, 07:42 AM
What's Holcomb doing these days?

:snicker:

Doesn't this scenario seem eerily familliar?

Jan Reimers
09-21-2010, 07:44 AM
What's Holcomb doing these days?

:snicker:

Doesn't this scenario seem eerily familliar?
Ground Hog Day. Actually, Ground Hog Decade.

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 09:31 AM
losman cost the team more in terms of picks and had higher expectations.

Edwards should have been hired to be a decent backup to move the chains for a better qb's injury weeks.

so for that, i'll always be angrier with losman than with edwards. However, neither rank very high. This is like the ferragamo vs. Matthison debate. It wasn't fun to discuss then and its not fun to discuss now.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Put Trents brain in Losmans body and we have a qb.

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM

A QB with a rocket arm, scrambling ability and the courage to throw 4 yard passes.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
A QB with a rocket arm, scrambling ability and the courage to throw 4 yard passes.

It always pissed me off when Dick tried to force JP to stay in the pocket instead of designing plays to use his scrambling ability.

Philagape
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
As they are, they're both brain-dead train wrecks who have no business being in the NFL. Edwards is a coward, Losman is a ******.

At their brief best, Edwards was better.

djjimkelly
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM

its worse because losman threw td passes at least and losman was clearly not allowed to be the player he was supposed to be.

this organization bent over backwards to help edwards

good riddance trent i was hoping u would go 0-16 this year

djjimkelly
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Worse. JP at least had guts.

and just think if he was fully allowed to use those guts they forced him to stay in pocket and so on.

they didnt allow him to be the player he was they consistently tried to change him

casdhf
09-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Trent hasn't been the same since he got his bell rung in Arizona. I doubt he'll ever be able to shake that.

JP was, well JP, his entire career.

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
to edwards credit he scored points when it mattered earlier in his career. Losman's long ball plays were always after the game was out of reach.

To losman's credit, even with a game out of reach he still had some desire to attempt to win. Edwards would still check down in a winnable game with plays that eat clock and accomplish nothing.

To the fan's credit, we still watch the games after years of these qb's being on the team.

Thief
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Not quite. Edwards was a 3rd round selection. He wasn't drafted here because this team thought he was an immediate answer. It was different for Losman because he was a first round selection. He was projected by this team at that time in 2004 to have immediate impact potential. His bust factor was almost 3 times bigger than Edwards was.I fail to see how being drafted in the 3rd makes him a better QB.

Edwards is far worse. He never cleaned up the streets of Buffalo.Hell, Edwards ran over a sound guy last week and never even acknowledged him.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Losman's long ball plays were always after the game was out of reach.

don't know what you've been watching.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Hell, Edwards ran over a sound guy last week and never even acknowledged him.
He has so little situational awareness, he probably didn't notice.

better days
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
to edwards credit he scored points when it mattered earlier in his career. Losman's long ball plays were always after the game was out of reach.

To losman's credit, even with a game out of reach he still had some desire to attempt to win. Edwards would still check down in a winnable game with plays that eat clock and accomplish anything.

To the fan's credit, we still watch the games after years of these qb's being on the team.

I remember a game JP's 1st or 2nd year against the Chiefs, JP came off the bench, the Bills were behind. JP threw a couple TD's to Lee & the Bills won the game.

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 11:49 AM
and i recall more games where losman was 7-17 with 110 yards passing with the bills down two scores. then he moved the ball and threw for a long pass or two.

i used the word "always" when i meant "mostly"

they both suck. we've debated this when we had hope one or the other would be able to handle the job. neither did.

at this point, i'm more concerned that Gailey couldn't spot this issue before the season started. it's one thing for messageboard gurus to debate this stuff, but an NFL coach should have been able to know this before hand.

i just don't think i'll have the interest to take the thorough beating.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I remember a game JP's 1st or 2nd year against the Chiefs, JP came off the bench, the Bills were behind. JP threw a couple TD's to Lee & the Bills won the game.
chec kout the scores on these throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtfCNpNWDM&feature=fvw

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I think Justa just went into his spankbank

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
and i recall more games where losman was 7-17 with 110 yards passing with the bills down two scores. then he moved the ball and threw for a long pass or two.

thats called selective memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08&feature=related

Beebe's Kid
09-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Trent's body is not the problem. It his brain as well. ****zpatrick is the one with the brains, and limited athletic ability.

My expectations for JP were resentments waiting to happen. We pulled the plug on him too early. Say what you want...he got cut in Seattle...etc. etc. etc., but he could have been a really good QB with a good coach.

QB's are an intense animal. They are "the man" in high school and college. They have big egos. I firmly believe that once a QB has been "broken" in terms of confidence, it's over. We threw JP into the fire, and Dick was a master of round peg, square hole. He had his ideas (loosely used) and stuck to them, regardless of the players that he had.

Trent beat a few lousy teams in '08, got concussed in AZ, then had the best game of his Bills career.

The game that really ****ed Trent was the Cleveland game. I will offer my opinion on that. When asked what happened...Dick told the press they would have to ask Trent. That was AFTER, little Trent found his balls and was guiding us down the field, only to have the brakes put on by "Don't Lose Dickie" decided to put run the ball into the line, and play for the game winning FG, which was also going to be a career long for Lindell...into the wind...in the cold. That is a huge boost to your confidence.

Then after the game, which we failed to win, because of a multitude of reasons, the biggest being Dick's pussy telling him to play for the FG....he sicks the press on his 2nd year QB, who had a rough game. Good job, Dick. Your vagina cost us the game, and you put it on Trent.

Trent developed some obvious confidence issues, and aside from the KC game, was done. He showed up last year, and was a ****ing bum...more so after the TB game, but that was turtle shell time. Little Trent's testicles were sucked up into his mangina, and have failed to reappear.

Yes, I blame Dick for ruining both players.

Chan took a look at TE in shorts, and thought he had something to work with...he also had Trent showing up talking about how good he felt, showing actual interest in his teammates...looked like a real QB in at least one of the preseason games, and here we go. Turn on the scoreboard and let's get it on...whoops, he really is broken.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Trent's body is not the problem. It his brain as well. ****zpatrick is the one with the brains, and limited athletic ability.

I think Trent has a brain that his balls can't cash in.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Say what you want...he got cut in Seattle...etc. etc. etc., but he could have been a really good QB with a good coach.

a friend of mine who's says JP was better than Whitehurst althrought camp but they paid too much for him to just drop him. Besides he stepped stepped up at preseason.

Extremebillsfan247
09-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I fail to see how being drafted in the 3rd makes him a better QB.
Hell, Edwards ran over a sound guy last week and never even acknowledged him.I didn't say he was better. I think you misunderstood me. Neither one was any good. However, I remember a time when most Bills fans and it wouldn't surprise me if you were included couldn't wait to see Losman get benched so this team could start the new guy at the time named Trent Edwards. It doesn't take long for everyone's story to change does it? Ill bet most of you will deny that now. lol

Bill Cody
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
great bring back the lickers:down:

djjimkelly
09-21-2010, 03:13 PM
just thought of this trents career as a bill way worse 2 head coaches showed him the bench. and the biggest fool in bills coaching history was only guy behind him.

JP only had the biggest fool jauron bench him and where is jauron today?

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 03:17 PM
i don't understand the love for losman. i wanted edwards to succeed over Losman. Edwards has disappointed the **** out of me. i would not be able to defend him for anything this year, let alone 2 or 3 years later. yet in my mind he was still the better choice at the time than watching losman flounder.

oh well.

justasportsfan
09-21-2010, 03:19 PM
i don't understand the love for losman. i wanted edwards to succeed over Losman. Edwards has disappointed the **** out of me. i would not be able to defend him for anything this year, let alone 2 or 3 years later. yet in my mind he was still the better choice at the time than watching losman flounder.

oh well.

i agree, Trent was a better qb in a play not to lose system.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
They both suck equally and neither ever deserved to be an NFL QB.

Losman is only slightly worse because he had a slightly higher ceiling than Trent, allegedly. Hence why we gave up more to get him.