PDA

View Full Version : still mum's the word from trent

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 03:30 PM
no comment yet on the demotion? kinda lame.

i want to hear what he's got to say for himself.

hydro
09-21-2010, 03:32 PM
He did this last time as well I believe.

The King
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Can you blame him? Who cares what he has to say by the way?

Mad Max
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Can you blame him? Who cares what he has to say by the way?

Right. Don't hate the player....hate the game. He didn't suck on purpose, he just inherently sucked. Anyone in his position would be upset.

better days
09-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, what can he say?

RoscoeMagic
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, what can he say?

An apology would be nice.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM
you people are pathetic.

Next time you get dumped, divorced or fired, be sure to come one here and Explain to us how you're just a ****ty husband or employee. Then we can go on and on for 6 weeks about how you're a loser anyway.

Dude might be a bit friggin upset right now, and you expect him to be paraded in front of you so you can degrade him further?

stay classy.

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
get real. this is part of the job. to actually meet the press.

What is his take? is he being sacrificed for an overall bad team? i don't think that's too much to ask for. if it happened in any other city, they would demand to get some sort of response.

Beebe's Kid
09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
you people are pathetic.

Next time you get dumped, divorced or fired, be sure to come one here and Explain to us how you're just a ****ty husband or employee. Then we can go on and on for 6 weeks about how you're a loser anyway.

Dude might be a bit friggin upset right now, and you expect him to be paraded in front of you so you can degrade him further?

stay classy.
Thank you.

I know to many of you, he is just a ling haired **** wad, ****ty QB. I don't want him taking snaps on Sundays either, but he is a human being. A little compassion would be appropriate...completely unrealistic, but appropriate.

I saw a post concerning Chan apologizing to the hecklers... I don't know if many of you were never taught about respect, dignity, humility and a lot of other words that you feel exist for other people, but if you don't have the time to learn about any of those, or the mental capacity, Google the Golden Rule.

Take a second, stop being a narcissistic, self-entitled, judgemental, over-reacting Internet tough guy, and pretend you were Trent. How would you feel? He didn't want to let us down, in fact that was his biggest obstacle, but he did.

What do you want him to do? Apologize? For being booed, slammed, demoted, having been concussed twice, struggling at one of the hardest jobs in the sports? What does he owe you?

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM

What is his take? is he being sacrificed for an overall bad team? i don't think that's too much to ask for. if it happened in any other city, they would demand to get some sort of response.

What the hell do you expect him to say?

"I'm just a really terrible QB who's hold the team back. I can't believe they didn't bench my ass sooner."

or

"Man this team sucks balls. What a joke of an organization. I had some potential but all i can do now after i snap the ball is brace myself for the hit that i always think is coming. I cna't wait to get to a real team and away from this garbage city"

Sorry. Even if he DID speak. It would be fluff. "I'll keep working hard. Support Fitz. I understand that if you don't get it done, they will try to find someone who will.. it's a business... blah blah blah.....

Ingtar33
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM

Dude, i know it sucks for the bills to be so terrible. I know you're pissed off... lord knows i am.

I was furious when Nix was hired... and even angrier when Gailey was hired. I love the Buffalo Bills, but i saw this train wreck coming a mile away.

Trent is a horrible QB... he might be the best one on our roster (he might not... but we're talking such small degrees of horrible i don't really want to think about it), and yeah... he's definitely not making it fun to watch the team.

But to hate the guy because he can't play is a bit over the top. I've seen some guys pray for injuries here... or for players to suck so they don't see the field again. I can't do that.

I want us to field the best possible team, it's the job of the FO and Coaching staff to put the right 11 guys on the field, if someone sucks it's not really the players fault (unless he's dogging it) it's the coaching staff and FO's fault for not getting someone else out there who can do the job better.

If you think there is a better QB on the roster than Trent be angry at Gailey. If there isn't then be furious with the FO. But it's not Trent's fault that to Gailey he was the best smelling turd at the most important position on the offense.

better days
09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
you people are pathetic.

stay classy.

I would say the ridicule of Trent has been very mild considering. Now when Losman was benched, then kicked to the curb, the vitriol towards a guy that embraced the City of Buffalo like no other since Kelly was unbelievable.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
I am wondering if the best thing for this team to do is to cut him. If you are going to evaluate a guy for the entire summer and preseason and claim he is your quarterback to only pull the plug in week three seems a little like a joke.

Demon
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
you people are pathetic.

stay classy.

Whaaaaaaa cry me a river.

None of us make as much as he makes or represent the city as he does. He's a professional athlete and STILL is going to get paid while sitting the bench. He should speak to the media and I for one want to see him whine some more. Although, to be honest, i never wanted him to go out via a benching, i was hoping he'd go out on a stretcher.

trapezeus
09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
i don't hate the guy. i just want to see his demeanor on how he's taking this. i think you can tell if he's either angry about it or if he's ok with it regardless of the canned speech he gives.

something tells me that he's fine with it. i think he thinks he gave it a good go, and that he's being screwed, but he's fine and ready to transition to the next part of his life.

and that's fine, but i just want to know if he's cool with it or if he is a competitive guy who still feels he's having his job stolen from him.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Just like the Losman situation, I don't personally hate the guy for what he is as a human being...I don't know either so I can't formulate an opinion on that level.

However that being said, I hate him as a player. Just another no talent ass clown running the show when he should be running the register at Wegmans. Another 3 wasted years on a bum.

I could go out there and play QB and do just as well as that idiot.

Jeff1220
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I always thought it was a sort of code of conduct that only the starting QB, not back-ups, meets w/the press (sort of like how OC and DC don't hold pressers).

justasportsfan
09-22-2010, 10:05 AM
an interview was called several times (just like the deep ball), but he opted to check down and call his sister shelby instead.

Commissioner
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
you people are pathetic.

stay classy.

My thoughts exactly....

People just want him out front so they can keep on bashing him.... No matter what he said they would tear him apart.

If he said he didn't agree with it.... they would say well you suck!!

If he said he would support that starter... they would say because you are a wimp!!

People just want something to bash...

NorthCarBills
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
I am wondering if the best thing for this team to do is to cut him. If you are going to evaluate a guy for the entire summer and preseason and claim he is your quarterback to only pull the plug in week three seems a little like a joke.

I also think letting him loose is the right thing to do -- both for the Bills and for Trent. I personally dont see the good of keeping him on the team. The value of keeping him as backup is less than cutting a guy who obviously lost his confidence.

As Andy Reid said this week, "the team takes on the personality of the QB."

Forward_Lateral
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree, first off, I don't care what Trent has to say. Secondly, anything he did say would be complete politically correct fluff.

Let the guy be. He's benched, no sense piling on after the fact. We all got what we wanted, be happy.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
you people are pathetic.

stay classy.

yes, i expect him to be paraded in front of me, he gets paid a lot of money so i can rip on him for sucking so bad and making these time look like a worse than it is.

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM

He's not required as a backup QB to speak to the press at all actually. And he certainly has every right to not answer any question he so chooses.

What do you honestly expect him to say anyways?

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
yes, i expect him to be paraded in front of me, he gets paid a lot of money so i can rip on him for sucking so bad and making these time look like a worse than it is.

Let me save you some energy, yes these times are really as bad as they look. That's not just on Trent.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
i know the bills are horrible but trent makes it infinity times worse to watch the game.

RockStar36
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm personally glad he hasn't said anything because that means I haven't had to hear or see him at all.

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I could care less what Trent has to say. There is nothing left ot say.. We can say it all for him

Commissioner
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Bash away...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Edwards-surprised-but-committed-to-team/228ba1e4-3a47-4696-8f01-5bb8e2d465d1

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
nothing to bash. i just wanted to hear his take and nowi got it. Sorry to be such an awful person wanting to read that article. thanks commish for linking it.

billz83
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
**** captain checkdown and **** Gailey for not seeing what the entire WORLD SEEN that TRENT IS GARBAGE! Really great offensive minded coach hahahaha couldnt even see how GARBAGE trent was..