• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Taylor Zaius
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Do we have the worst QB's in the leaue?

Howdy guys. I'm new here. Longtime Bill fan who has endured the agonly of the past decade.

I'm not sure what the guys at OBD were thinking when the decided to ignore the QB and OL situation this offseason.

It's a given we have the worst OL. I happen to think we also have the worst QB corp as well.

Does everyone agree?

BTW, I look forward to many spirited discussions with my fellow members of the Buffalo Bill nation!
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: Do we have the worst QB's in the leaue?

Originally posted by Taylor
    Howdy guys. I'm new here. Longtime Bill fan who has endured the agonly of the past decade.

I'm not sure what the guys at OBD were thinking when the decided to ignore the QB and OL situation this offseason.

It's a given we have the worst OL. I happen to think we also have the worst QB corp as well.

Does everyone agree?

BTW, I look forward to many spirited discussions with my fellow members of the Buffalo Bill nation!
    Welcome. Agree on the QB's, disagree on the OL..we have some talent there..it's needs to be sorted out positionally (who fits where), and then some time to gel.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

QBs, OL, TEs, WRs, DL, coaches, scouts, GM, Owner.

I think that about sums it up.

Comment

• more cowbell
        • Apr 2006

Does everyone agree?

As of right now without a doubt we have the worst offensive line in the league. Eric Wood is severely overrated for whatever reason, and has looked horrible so far this season (yes I know hes coming off of a major injury). Demetrius Bell would MAYBE crack another teams roster as a backup, Cornell Green has no business being on an NFL roster, let alone a starter, and Hangartner and Levitre have been average at best.

I used to think we didn't have the worst quarterbacks in the league, but I'm starting to think we do. I have defended Trent Edwards enough, while I still don't think everything is his fault, it doesn't take away the fact that he just isn't a NFL QB. Fitzpatrick isn't anything more than a backup, and Brian Brohm has done nothing of relevance in his career so far.

So I say yes to both.
        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
          Senior Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by more cowbell
          As of right now without a doubt we have the worst offensive line in the league. Eric Wood is severely overrated for whatever reason, and has looked horrible so far this season (yes I know hes coming off of a major injury). Demetrius Bell would MAYBE crack another teams roster as a backup, Cornell Green has no business being on an NFL roster, let alone a starter, and Hangartner and Levitre have been average at best.

I used to think we didn't have the worst quarterbacks in the league, but I'm starting to think we do. I have defended Trent Edwards enough, while I still don't think everything is his fault, it doesn't take away the fact that he just isn't a NFL QB. Fitzpatrick isn't anything more than a backup, and Brian Brohm has done nothing of relevance in his career so far.

So I say yes to both.
          I've come to this conclusion as well. I believe it is rather naive to get too excited about Fitz coming in for Edwards. He's just not any better.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

statistically the worst QB in the league right now is Flaco... how's that for insane?
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              statistically the worst QB in the league right now is Flaco... how's that for insane?
              Unfortunately for us, his stats are going to change for the better...ours will either stay the same or get worse.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Statistics not withstanding, I think the Bills probably do have the worst QBs in the league. I still think there is some hope for the O-line. If as Pat Moran suggested Cordaro Howard played well in relief of Levitre, the interior of the line should be OK. We still need to see how Bell is going to do. Green is awful on the right, but if you have one awful starting lineman and the rest are OK, you're not going to be the worst line in the league.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  I've seen him play a lot, being in the same division as CIN.

After his big rookie season, he tapered off in '09. He wasn't very good in last Sunday's BAL@CIN tilt. 4 ints; one was in the last minute, another was a tip around the LOS. The CIN db's did a good job all game long.

I'd imagine the BAL f.o. is a bit concerned, after bringing in Boldin and TJ Housh and only coming up with 20 points in the 1st two games. I'm not saying they are looking for someone else by any means...
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                    • Feb 2005

I've come to this conclusion as well. I believe it is rather naive to get too excited about Fitz coming in for Edwards. He's just not any better.
                    Fitz will atleast throw the ball down field on 4th and 10 instead of run out of bounds for a 2 yard gain

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Does everyone agree?

Welcome.

I want to warn you. Don't blow your load to quick.

Stay on task with the OL/QB thing make sure you fully exhaust it before moving on tot the following....

1. Draft Busts
                      2. Whitner/Ngata Maybin/Orakpo
                      3. Spiller is a bust
                      4. We could have had __________ (insert any name there and come up with what we would have had to do to have them, then call Ralph cheap, take a shot at Marv, and that will go for days.)
                      5. Targeting our best players as way over rated, and hold us to standards that no other team meets, but we should. Example: Poz....he should be elite or gone. Evans...he is needs to go, because _____ is way better, etc.
                      6. Making sure to examine any position where we actually have depth, determine your favorite (generally the underdog) and demand every day that we trade the other player.

Best for last.

7. Make a daily case for us to intentionally keep losing, so we get the first pick.

Short list, but guaranteed to make you a firmly entrenched member of the status quo. Remember each topic needs to be as negative as possible...then drag that horse out (make sure to start a new thread every time) and beat the ever-loving **** out of it...repeat 4x.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                        Welcome.

I want to warn you. Don't blow your load to quick.

Stay on task with the OL/QB thing make sure you fully exhaust it before moving on tot the following....

1. Draft Busts
                        2. Whitner/Ngata Maybin/Orakpo
                        3. Spiller is a bust
                        4. We could have had __________ (insert any name there and come up with what we would have had to do to have them, then call Ralph cheap, take a shot at Marv, and that will go for days.)
                        5. Targeting our best players as way over rated, and hold us to standards that no other team meets, but we should. Example: Poz....he should be elite or gone. Evans...he is needs to go, because _____ is way better, etc.
                        6. Making sure to examine any position where we actually have depth, determine your favorite (generally the underdog) and demand every day that we trade the other player.

Best for last.

7. Make a daily case for us to intentionally keep losing, so we get the first pick.

Short list, but guaranteed to make you a firmly entrenched member of the status quo. Remember each topic needs to be as negative as possible...then drag that horse out (make sure to start a new thread every time) and beat the ever-loving **** out of it...repeat 4x.
                        Whatever guy. I'm not here to put lipstick on a pig. From the responses thus far to my thread, neither are many other members of this forum. I think I'm gonna like it here just fine. LOL.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

leveitre should be moved to right tackle. i think a cardboard cut out could do the job that green is doing.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                            leveitre should be moved to right tackle. i think a cardboard cut out could do the job that green is doing.
                            Agreed. Green is awful.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Carolina's QB's are pretty bad... but yeah... its not hard to argue that we have the worst.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X