PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the worst QB's in the leaue?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Howdy guys. I'm new here. Longtime Bill fan who has endured the agonly of the past decade.

I'm not sure what the guys at OBD were thinking when the decided to ignore the QB and OL situation this offseason.

It's a given we have the worst OL. I happen to think we also have the worst QB corp as well.

Does everyone agree?

BTW, I look forward to many spirited discussions with my fellow members of the Buffalo Bill nation!

Mad Max
09-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Howdy guys. I'm new here. Longtime Bill fan who has endured the agonly of the past decade.

I'm not sure what the guys at OBD were thinking when the decided to ignore the QB and OL situation this offseason.

It's a given we have the worst OL. I happen to think we also have the worst QB corp as well.

Does everyone agree?

BTW, I look forward to many spirited discussions with my fellow members of the Buffalo Bill nation!

Welcome. Agree on the QB's, disagree on the OL..we have some talent there..it's needs to be sorted out positionally (who fits where), and then some time to gel.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2010, 04:21 PM
QBs, OL, TEs, WRs, DL, coaches, scouts, GM, Owner.

I think that about sums it up.

more cowbell
09-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Does everyone agree?

As of right now without a doubt we have the worst offensive line in the league. Eric Wood is severely overrated for whatever reason, and has looked horrible so far this season (yes I know hes coming off of a major injury). Demetrius Bell would MAYBE crack another teams roster as a backup, Cornell Green has no business being on an NFL roster, let alone a starter, and Hangartner and Levitre have been average at best.

I used to think we didn't have the worst quarterbacks in the league, but I'm starting to think we do. I have defended Trent Edwards enough, while I still don't think everything is his fault, it doesn't take away the fact that he just isn't a NFL QB. Fitzpatrick isn't anything more than a backup, and Brian Brohm has done nothing of relevance in his career so far.

So I say yes to both.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-21-2010, 04:34 PM
As of right now without a doubt we have the worst offensive line in the league. Eric Wood is severely overrated for whatever reason, and has looked horrible so far this season (yes I know hes coming off of a major injury). Demetrius Bell would MAYBE crack another teams roster as a backup, Cornell Green has no business being on an NFL roster, let alone a starter, and Hangartner and Levitre have been average at best.

I used to think we didn't have the worst quarterbacks in the league, but I'm starting to think we do. I have defended Trent Edwards enough, while I still don't think everything is his fault, it doesn't take away the fact that he just isn't a NFL QB. Fitzpatrick isn't anything more than a backup, and Brian Brohm has done nothing of relevance in his career so far.

So I say yes to both.

I've come to this conclusion as well. I believe it is rather naive to get too excited about Fitz coming in for Edwards. He's just not any better.

Ingtar33
09-21-2010, 04:57 PM
statistically the worst QB in the league right now is Flaco... how's that for insane?

Mad Max
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
statistically the worst QB in the league right now is Flaco... how's that for insane?

Unfortunately for us, his stats are going to change for the better...ours will either stay the same or get worse.

TigerJ
09-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Statistics not withstanding, I think the Bills probably do have the worst QBs in the league. I still think there is some hope for the O-line. If as Pat Moran suggested Cordaro Howard played well in relief of Levitre, the interior of the line should be OK. We still need to see how Bell is going to do. Green is awful on the right, but if you have one awful starting lineman and the rest are OK, you're not going to be the worst line in the league.

stuckincincy
09-21-2010, 05:58 PM

I've seen him play a lot, being in the same division as CIN.

After his big rookie season, he tapered off in '09. He wasn't very good in last Sunday's BAL@CIN tilt. 4 ints; one was in the last minute, another was a tip around the LOS. The CIN db's did a good job all game long.

I'd imagine the BAL f.o. is a bit concerned, after bringing in Boldin and TJ Housh and only coming up with 20 points in the 1st two games. I'm not saying they are looking for someone else by any means...

Ferrygoat
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I've come to this conclusion as well. I believe it is rather naive to get too excited about Fitz coming in for Edwards. He's just not any better.

Fitz will atleast throw the ball down field on 4th and 10 instead of run out of bounds for a 2 yard gain

Beebe's Kid
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM

Does everyone agree?

Welcome.

I want to warn you. Don't blow your load to quick.

Stay on task with the OL/QB thing make sure you fully exhaust it before moving on tot the following....

1. Draft Busts
2. Whitner/Ngata Maybin/Orakpo
3. Spiller is a bust
4. We could have had __________ (insert any name there and come up with what we would have had to do to have them, then call Ralph cheap, take a shot at Marv, and that will go for days.)
5. Targeting our best players as way over rated, and hold us to standards that no other team meets, but we should. Example: Poz....he should be elite or gone. Evans...he is needs to go, because _____ is way better, etc.
6. Making sure to examine any position where we actually have depth, determine your favorite (generally the underdog) and demand every day that we trade the other player.

Best for last.

7. Make a daily case for us to intentionally keep losing, so we get the first pick.

Short list, but guaranteed to make you a firmly entrenched member of the status quo. Remember each topic needs to be as negative as possible...then drag that horse out (make sure to start a new thread every time) and beat the ever-loving **** out of it...repeat 4x.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome.

I want to warn you. Don't blow your load to quick.

Stay on task with the OL/QB thing make sure you fully exhaust it before moving on tot the following....

1. Draft Busts
2. Whitner/Ngata Maybin/Orakpo
3. Spiller is a bust
4. We could have had __________ (insert any name there and come up with what we would have had to do to have them, then call Ralph cheap, take a shot at Marv, and that will go for days.)
5. Targeting our best players as way over rated, and hold us to standards that no other team meets, but we should. Example: Poz....he should be elite or gone. Evans...he is needs to go, because _____ is way better, etc.
6. Making sure to examine any position where we actually have depth, determine your favorite (generally the underdog) and demand every day that we trade the other player.

Best for last.

7. Make a daily case for us to intentionally keep losing, so we get the first pick.

Short list, but guaranteed to make you a firmly entrenched member of the status quo. Remember each topic needs to be as negative as possible...then drag that horse out (make sure to start a new thread every time) and beat the ever-loving **** out of it...repeat 4x.

Whatever guy. I'm not here to put lipstick on a pig. From the responses thus far to my thread, neither are many other members of this forum. I think I'm gonna like it here just fine. LOL.

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
leveitre should be moved to right tackle. i think a cardboard cut out could do the job that green is doing.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
leveitre should be moved to right tackle. i think a cardboard cut out could do the job that green is doing.

Agreed. Green is awful.

Romes
09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Carolina's QB's are pretty bad... but yeah... its not hard to argue that we have the worst.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Carolina's QB's are pretty bad... but yeah... its not hard to argue that we have the worst.

Why would Nix be so foolish as to not address our QB situation this past offseason?

GreedoII
09-22-2010, 07:48 AM

Does everyone agree?

Yes....and the worst WR's and the worst O-line and the worst LBS and the worst owner....and the worst...aw you get it...

THRILLHO
09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Flacco is better in the only statistic that matters:
Flacco 1W-1L
Edwards 0W-2L

stuckincincy
09-22-2010, 08:11 AM

Yep, but I give CAR credit for trying to fix the situation, drafting 2 qbs this year - Clausen and Pike.

Clausen gets the start this Sunday, and Pike stuck with the club as their 3rd qb.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Yep, but I give CAR credit for trying to fix the situation, drafting 2 qbs this year - Clausen and Pike.

Clausen gets the start this Sunday, and Pike stuck with the club as their 3rd qb.

Agreed. Nix was foolish for passing on either.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd love to have Joe Flacco right now and build around him

stuckincincy
09-22-2010, 08:38 AM

I was surprised that Pike slipped to the 6th round. I thought he would be late 4th or early 5th.

We are all aware of the Bills' weak areas, but I would have liked to see them draft a Day 1 quarterback last year. All college qbs have their warts, but after years of problems, why not roll the dice? League history is littered with 1st, 2nd, 3rd round qb busts, but I won't criticize the clubs that drafted them - they tried.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I was surprised that Pike slipped to the 6th round. I thought he would be late 4th or early 5th.

We are all aware of the Bills' weak areas, but I would have liked to see them draft a Day 1 quarterback last year. All college qbs have their warts, but after years of problems, why not roll the dice? League history is littered with 1st, 2nd, 3rd round qb busts, but I won't criticize the clubs that drafted them - they tried.

Agreed. Dumb not to make a move. While a goofball, I think Clausen in the 2nd would have been worth the risk. After all many experts were saying he would get in the first round.

billz83
09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
we absolutely have the WORST QBZ in the league..i dont even understand how this could be argued?! the only people argueing this gotta be wannabe lawyers..we have the WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE! it doesnt help that we also have the WORST OLINE in the league..and NO WRz or TEz!! and a coach who was supposed to be "offensive minded" and can find the "talent" on the roster and be able to use it..well guess what there is NO TALENT on that offense..besides our RBz and lee evans..everyone else are backups or third string..how could it even be argued if we have the worst QBz in the league?! we have been NOTORIOUS for this for the last FEWWWW YEARS!

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
we absolutely have the WORST QBZ in the league..i dont even understand how this could be argued?! the only people argueing this gotta be wannabe lawyers..we have the WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE! it doesnt help that we also have the WORST OLINE in the league..and NO WRz or TEz!! and a coach who was supposed to be "offensive minded" and can find the "talent" on the roster and be able to use it..well guess what there is NO TALENT on that offense..besides our RBz and lee evans..everyone else are backups or third string..how could it even be argued if we have the worst QBz in the league?! we have been NOTORIOUS for this for the last FEWWWW YEARS!

Sigh. Agreed.

stuckincincy
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Agreed. Dumb not to make a move. While a goofball, I think Clausen in the 2nd would have been worth the risk. After all many experts were saying he would get in the first round.

I'll be seeing Clausen this Sunday - CIN visits CAR.

Well, I'll record it on my DVR, to avoid the typica NFL tv experience: Inane hoopla, beer ad, truck ad, 3 and out, punt, beer ad, soda ad, boner pill ad, talking heads, some game action, fast food ad, beer ad, more trucks, Geico and Progressive, another boner pill ad, more talking head chatting, a sideline report by that aging blond lady, etc. etc. etc.

Thankfully, the Freecredit.com crowd has disappeared. I've often envisioned them running over the Geico gecko, losing control, and plowing into a building and wiping out Flo, the Progressive saleslady.

I'll report back if Clausen shows anything.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I'll be seeing Clausen this Sunday - CIN visits CAR.

Well, I'll record it on my DVR, to avoid the typica NFL tv experience: Inane hoopla, beer ad, truck ad, 3 and out, punt, beer ad, soda ad, boner pill ad, talking heads, some game action, fast food ad, beer ad, more trucks, Geico and Progressive, another boner pill ad, more talking head chatting, a sideline report by that aging blond lady, etc. etc. etc.

Thankfully, the Freecredit.com crowd has disappeared. I've often envisioned them running over the Geico gecko, losing control, and plowing into a building and wiping out Flo, the Progressive saleslady.

I'll report back if Clausen shows anything.

Great. I look forward to your report.

Mike13
09-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Did you have to ask?

Dujek
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Clausen would have been awful in Buffalo, Pike might have worked out, but he would have needed a lot of work, and Trent Edwards would still have started this season.

Nix focussed on the defensive line and LBs for most of the draft, and given that we were changing formations on the defensive side of the ball that was the right thing to do.

Hogwasher
09-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Yup, the worst qbs in the league.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Yup, the worst qbs in the league.

The fact that many around here are excited to roll out Fitz, who also failed miserably last season, says it all. And the great Nix ignored the QB and OL situation altogether. Unreal.

stuckincincy
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Great. I look forward to your report.

Replying, re Clausen's performance, CIN@CAR:

Not bad - IMO, he looked better than Palmer (Palmer continues to degrade - I'm beginning to think that 8 years of getting knocked down has made him lose some perception, beyond physical injuries...).

Clausen:

1st half - terrible stats. CIN had run 25+ offensive plays in CAR territory in the 1st half. Clausen threw the ball away when he should have. CAR ran a simple offensive plan, befitting a rookie.

Came out in the 2nd with a nice drive for a score. Showed decent pocket pressure, decent pocket awareness. Stepped up in the pocket, rolled away when it was the wise thing to do, and hit his running backs. Had 50 or so completion yards wiped off by penalties.

Took the hits. No glaring pass accuracy problems.

I give him a "B" in his 1st start.

Buffalo Thriller
09-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Our QB situation is god-awful, our OL is developing and they still allow the THREE HEADED MONSTER to rush fairly well..

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Close to a tie with Cleveland but at least they have a slight bit of hope that McCoy turns out, we have nobody. So we lose in the end.

BigZ
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM
If someone picks up Edwards then they will have the worst QB's in the league.

acehole
09-27-2010, 08:09 PM
We no longer have the worst qb in league...he was cut.

Does everyone agree?

PromoTheRobot
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Really? Did you see Clausen's stats from Sunday? How do you think Bills fans would have reacted if he was our guy?

PTR

Ingtar33
09-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Replying, re Clausen's performance, CIN@CAR:

Not bad - IMO, he looked better than Palmer (Palmer continues to degrade - I'm beginning to think that 8 years of getting knocked down has made him lose some perception, beyond physical injuries...).

Clausen:

1st half - terrible stats. CIN had run 25+ offensive plays in CAR territory in the 1st half. Clausen threw the ball away when he should have. CAR ran a simple offensive plan, befitting a rookie.

Came out in the 2nd with a nice drive for a score. Showed decent pocket pressure, decent pocket awareness. Stepped up in the pocket, rolled away when it was the wise thing to do, and hit his running backs. Had 50 or so completion yards wiped off by penalties.

Took the hits. No glaring pass accuracy problems.

I give him a "B" in his 1st start.

dude... either you're absolutely in love with Clausen or didn't watch the game.

16 comp
33 att
48.5%
188yards
5.7 y/att
0 TD
1 int
1 sack
3 fumble
2 lost fumbles

how does a 3 turnover sub 50% completion sub 200 yard 0 td performance constitute a "B" in anyone's statbook?

In comparison Trent Edwards first start (also his first season) was...

22 of 28 passes for 234 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-27-2010, 08:59 PM

16 comp
33 att
48.5%
188yards
5.7 y/att
0 TD
1 int
1 sack
3 fumble
2 lost fumbles

how does a 3 turnover sub 50% completion sub 200 yard 0 td performance constitute a "B" in anyone's statbook?

Oh please....did you expect a rookie QB to come in and have HOF numbers in his first real outing?? Clausen looked like any rookie with good potential, showing flashes of poise and accuracy coupled by errors. The speed of the NFL does that to all rookie QBs. The good ones learn from it and become great. The middling ones never get (ie. our 3...err I mean 2 QBs..LOL).

stuckincincy
09-28-2010, 08:02 AM

16 comp
33 att
48.5%
188yards
5.7 y/att
0 TD
1 int
1 sack
3 fumble
2 lost fumbles

Dude - I am not in love with Clausen, and I did watch the game. Don't put words in my mouth.

I thought it obvious that I was giving my impression of a rookie qbs' first start.

If it's stats you like, you might take note of CIN's 10 minute edge in TOP, or that Huber had a fine punting day, 3 times planting the ball around CAR's 5 yard line.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Dude - I am not in love with Clausen, and I did watch the game. Don't put words in my mouth.

I thought it obvious that I was giving my impression of a rookie qbs' first start.

If it's stats you like, you might take note of CIN's 10 minute edge in TOP, or that Huber had a fine punting day, 3 times planting the ball around CAR's 5 yard line.

Clausen looked like any rookie. He showed flashes and will most likely be a solid QB in short order. Personally, I think he is a goofball. But the kid does have talent. Nix was foolish to pass on him in the 2nd when he fell into our laps.

Night Train
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
As of today, Jacksonville has the worst in the NFL.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
As of today, Jacksonville has the worst in the NFL.

LOL. Amen brother.

djjimkelly
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
jacksonville now has the worst qbs in the league night train beat me to it but its the jags for sure