• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Good read on the Bills from 1969

"Buffalonians will support a loser as well as any city, and our attendance the past two years has proved it. Despite a losing 1967 season we sold 22,000 season tickets this year, and I'd expect sales to go as high as 45,000 with a new stadium." - Ralph Wilson
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Good read on the Bills from 1969

wow. i'm 28 years old and have only been a fan since i was 8 or 9 (circa 1990), so this article is extremely enlightening for me and gives me great perspective. Excellent read.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

The kids have no clue what RW is really all about.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

RW was right about this:

"There are very few home-owned industries in Buffalo, and that causes a number of problems. It reduces the number of key local people who can rally big area businesses to the support of sports enterprises and it reduces the number of men who might be traveling around the country selling Buffalo on a national scale."

It's the lynchpin to the team moving when he dies.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
        X