PDA

View Full Version : How Sad/Pathetic is it that at Week 3 we are looking forward to NFL Draft

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Never in my 20 years of my 29 year life of watching Bills Football have I looked towards draft so earely in season! NEVER. How sad is that? Man has this once proud franchise turned into the laughing stock of professional sports.

EricStratton
09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Not all of us are.

RandolphDuke
09-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Never in my 20 years of my 29 year life of watching Bills Football have I looked towards draft so earely in season! NEVER. How sad is that? Man has this once proud franchise turned into the laughing stock of professional sports.Was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Then I decided to turn my frown upside down and fantasize about turning the season around.

Then I remembered that I was a Bills fan and went back reading about QB's entering the 2011 draft.

OpIv37
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM
I think this is the biggest problem about this decade of futility and I posted about it last week. With so little chance to win, it takes all the excitement out of watching the games on Sunday. And on a larger scale, the lack of hope for the future makes it even worse. Does anyone see an end to this anytime soon? We're at least a LT, QB, WR and 2 LB's away from being in the playoff hunt, and we probably need a TE, DT and DE added to that to be a top team. It's ridiculous.

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 08:30 AM
I think we get it.. we suck again. Not sure why we have we have to start a new thread every day proclaiming the obvious..

this year was always about one thing. Can we get better as the year moves forward... Wasn't expecting the huge Offensive turd we've put up, but the years objective has never changed,

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I think this is the biggest problem about this decade of futility and I posted about it last week. With so little chance to win, it takes all the excitement out of watching the games on Sunday. And on a larger scale, the lack of hope for the future makes it even worse. Does anyone see an end to this anytime soon? We're at least a LT, QB, WR and 2 LB's away from being in the playoff hunt, and we probably need a TE, DT and DE added to that to be a top team. It's ridiculous.

We don't even sign Key free agents. We sign guys like Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis. Sorry they are decent pieces but we'll never get a stud in FA. Life of a Bills fan.

better days
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, last year I was despondent because Dick was HC & Trent was QB. I knew before the season started that it was going to be a disaster.

The signing of TO gave me some false hope until I realized Trent would not throw him the ball.

It took a long time to get Dick fired & Trent benched, but it finally happened. The Bills still sucked but at least they were fun to watch.

This year there are 14 games left, I am just happy that Trent will no longer be boring me with his play. Who knows maybe the Bills can pull off the upset Sunday.

better days
09-22-2010, 08:44 AM
We don't even sign Key free agents. We sign guys like Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis. Sorry they are decent pieces but we'll never get a stud in FA. Life of a Bills fan.

There were no stud free agents to be had this year with no cap.

Extremebillsfan247
09-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Never in my 20 years of my 29 year life of watching Bills Football have I looked towards draft so earely in season! NEVER. How sad is that? Man has this once proud franchise turned into the laughing stock of professional sports.
Could I be the only one not looking forward to next years draft? Next year in general is going to blow. There will be a lockout, so even if we drafted Mallet, Luck, or Locker, it isn't going to matter. We are not having any football next year. What ever happens, we are not seeing another game played until probably 2012. Sorry, but I am not looking forward to that prospect at all. That will suck for everyone. Let's just say I'm in no hurry to see this season end. JMO

better days
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Could I be the only one not looking forward to next years draft? Next year in general is going to blow. There will be a lockout, so even if we drafted Mallet, Luck, or Locker, it isn't going to matter. We are not having any football next year. What ever happens, we are not seeing another game played until probably 2012. Sorry, but I am not looking forward to that prospect at all. That will suck for everyone. Let's just say I'm in no hurry to see this season end. JMO

I think there will be a new CBA by March myself. It is not like the past, the players are getting paid a lot of money. The owners want a rookie cap & 18 games. The players will want & get some things like a larger roster & benefits. This deal will get done.

cocamide
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Cleve
09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Does anyone see an end to this anytime soon? We're at least a LT, QB, WR and 2 LB's away from being in the playoff hunt, and we probably need a TE, DT and DE added to that to be a top team. It's ridiculous.

It will never change so long as Wilson is in control. It will only get worse, not better. Every year that goes by, whatever decision making ability he may have once commanded for football operations (and it was never that good even in his prime) erodes and fades a bit more. The mainstream sports media seems to scratch its head harder and harder every year when the topic of the Bills comes up - "Why did they make that crazy decision? What were they thinking?" The team is rapidly becoming THE joke team of the NFL.

Clearly, after the coach 'hunt' during the off season, it's obvious that no decent coach wants to play here... and it seems painfully clear the reason is Wilson himself. The only people willing to work here are tired retreads like Marv Levy as GM and Chan Gailey as coach, or dimbulbs that no one else will hire for HC like Dick Jauron.

Wilson should 100% retire (something he should have done 10 years ago) and stay out of football operations entirely. It will never get 'better' until that happens.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Not all of us are.
Exactly. I'm not looking forward to another late April of reaches and future busts.

Extremebillsfan247
09-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I think there will be a new CBA by March myself. It is not like the past, the players are getting paid a lot of money. The owners want a rookie cap & 18 games. The players will want & get some things like a larger roster & benefits. This deal will get done.I heard different from 2 very influential individuals from the players union this morning. It's going to get ugly. The players want a bigger piece of the NFL revenue pie. The Owners are not going to allow that. That is where the stale mate has been and will continue to be all the way into the middle of what would normally be next season. It's not even close to getting done. That's why I'm freaking out right now. lol There is legitimate reason for concern here from a fans perspective.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 09:16 AM

I am too. If we only win 1 game all year, I hope it's in New England.

Novacane
09-22-2010, 09:20 AM

I am too since Trent is benched. I know Fitz is not very good but I know he'll at least try to make plays.

OpIv37
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
There were no stud free agents to be had this year with no cap.

wtf does that even mean?

I seem to remember the Dolphins getting Brandon Marshall and the Jets getting Antonio Cromartie. I'm not saying we could have or should have gotten him, and I realize there were some trades involved instead of just pure FA's. But the point is that other teams were able to go out and get the players they need. I'm so sick of the "no one was available" excuse when other teams never seem to have a problem filling holes via trades or FA.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm looking forward to Week 3, and getting as many wins as we can this season. I will not root for us to lose in order to enhance our draft position.

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
I heard different from 2 very influential individuals from the players union this morning. It's going to get ugly. The players want a bigger piece of the NFL revenue pie. The Owners are not going to allow that. That is where the stale mate has been and will continue to be all the way into the middle of what would normally be next season. It's not even close to getting done. That's why I'm freaking out right now. lol There is legitimate reason for concern here from a fans perspective.

They already get 60%, I highly doubt they're dumb enough to ask for MORE?

mikemac2001
09-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Quick question if we win this week

We are 1-2 and 1-1 in div
Let's say jets win they r 2-1 as
Well as dolphins

Then let's say we win week 4 and go 2-2 and 2-1 in div

Wow maybe this is why the move was done now
Before we are 0-4

We might still end up 0/4 but I understand it's not
Time to focus on draft

I also hate Trent Edwards I gave him another chance this year but knew once he played a 3-4 d he would freeze. Now if we lose the next 2 games I want brohm in to see what he has if he blows then I will focus on draft

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Looking forward to the draft isn't just because the Bills suck. Look how much the coverage of the draft has increased yearly over the last 15 years.

Its natural now because of how much cfb is on every Saturday and how much breakdown there is done. To not look at it in some way shape or form at this point puts you way behind the curve.

The Bills and every other NFL team have been looking forward to it since June once vacations were over.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Never in my 20 years of my 29 year life of watching Bills Football have I looked towards draft so earely in season! NEVER. How sad is that? Man has this once proud franchise turned into the laughing stock of professional sports.Some of us were looking forward to the draft before pre-season even started.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm looking forward to Week 3, and getting as many wins as we can this season. I will not root for us to lose in order to enhance our draft position.
Last week of the season, if the Bills lose they get the 1st pick in the draft and with that pick is the future Peyton Manning, if the Bills win they get the 2nd pick and with that pick they get the next JP Losman. Are you rooting for the Bills to win?

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Last week of the season, if the Bills lose they get the 1st pick in the draft and with that pick is the future Peyton Manning, if the Bills win they get the 2nd pick and with that pick they get the next JP Losman. Are you rooting for the Bills to win?

That's the one game this team will find a way to win.

EricStratton
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
They already get 60%, I highly doubt they're dumb enough to ask for MORE?

They still want their 60%, they just want to expand what is considered revenue

better days
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
wtf does that even mean?

I seem to remember the Dolphins getting Brandon Marshall and the Jets getting Antonio Cromartie. I'm not saying we could have or should have gotten him, and I realize there were some trades involved instead of just pure FA's. But the point is that other teams were able to go out and get the players they need. I'm so sick of the "no one was available" excuse when other teams never seem to have a problem filling holes via trades or FA.

You answered your own question. It means any team that wanted to keep a player could do so because there was no cap. Yes a few trades were made because a few teams wanted to get rid of a player. There were NO pro bowl type free agents available.

There is no point trading for an older player at this point for the Bills they are just starting the rebuild process.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Of course. I will never root for the Bills to lose. Plus, no one knows which pick will be the future Peyton Manning, or the next JP.

billz83
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
get used to it the season has been over before it started for a fewwww years now. any knowledgable bills fan knew there was NO HOPE this season..and if u sumhow had hope we were going sumwhere well how was ur rude awakening?! itz the SAME OL BILLS..losing games and garbage offense..these things WILL NOT CHANGE as long as wilson is the owner..