2005 Alex Smith
2004 Manning
2003 Palmer
2002 Carr
2001 Vick
2000 Pennington

2 Sure Busts in Russell, Carr

Couple Legit Franchise QB's

And a few to be determined. Alex Smith has removed him self from sure bust to be determined still. The first QB isn't as 50/50 as some may say. And you gotta take a chance!

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
2010 Bradford
2009 Stafford
2008 Ryan
2007 Russell
2006 Young
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Manning
2003 Palmer
2002 Carr
2001 Vick
2000 Pennington

And a few to be determined. Alex Smith has removed him self from sure bust to be determined still. The first QB isn't as 50/50 as some may say. And you gotta take a chance!

totally agree...I'd rather have every single QB on this last before Trent or Fitz or Brohm, with the exception of Jamarcus.

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
peyton was famously the second QB in 98.

We just need an eye for talent. i swear to god, our front office should be a contestant on the price is right and we should be the audience that directs them what to do. because on their own, they couldn't pick their own ass.

psubills62
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
We just need an eye for talent.
This.

I don't understand why people so desperately want the #1 overall pick. The key to drafting well is using whatever position you draft to get a great player who is one of need. Whether that's at #1 or #11 overall, we need to draft studs.

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 09:27 AM

We just need an eye for talent. i swear to god, our front office should be a contestant on the price is right and we should be the audience that directs them what to do. because on their own, they couldn't pick their own ass.

Is there something I'm missing? Peyton was the #1 pick in his draft. Leaf was second.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM

What are you smoking?

BillsWin
09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
LUCK. PLEASE. PLEASE!!!!!

The King
09-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Im not convinced Carr was a full fledged bust either... He was drafted and the Texans never invested in protecting him. He was getting sacked 6x a game.

I think any QB, eventually falls apart in that sceanario.

Tim Couch in 99 is a better example of a full blown bust.

RockStar36
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Um, what?

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
2010 Bradford
2009 Stafford
2008 Ryan
2007 Russell
2006 Young
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Manning
2003 Palmer
2002 Carr
2001 Vick
2000 Pennington

Well to be determined after 5 years on a #1 that just cost you 100 mill... Close your eyes...imagine that was Buffalo, what do you call him?

There some arguments to be made considering your math.

You are saying it is not 50/50. I will give a few guys the benefit of the doubt, but I ask "If ______ was the QB for the Bills, are you calling him The Franchise?"

Pennington - Some good years, no doubt. Wanna sign him? Ever want to sign him? Good QB...worth the investment of the #1 QB taken? He was selected #18, not first overall, or top 5. The second QB was Giovanni Carmazzi (R3 P3.) Can we agree the QB class was thin?

Vick- I know you love him, but again...pretend we invest the #1 overall pick on him, and he then gets arrested for taking the money the team paid him and operating a dog fighting operation where he and his "friends" actually kill dogs by hanging, electrocuting etc. Whatever your feeling for dogs, this is what this guy does with his time, and it costs you your QB after 6 years, of which 4 were productive. I am not interested in that are you? No other 1st rd QB's, but there was some guy named Brees drafted in the 2nd.

Carr - Bust. I think there are reasons, but regardless no value for the pick. Especially when you could have had Joey Harrington, or Patrick Ramsey...the other 1st round QBs.

Palmer - I assume he was one of your franchise guys. 43-40 as a starter, with 2 playoff appearances, he has some big numbers, minus the season he missed due to injury. Leftwitch, Boller, and Grossman are the other 1st rounders. Are you convinced this the The Franchise? We make the playoffs twice in six years, and play around .500, I wonder what posters have to say about him, if he's in red and blue?

Manning - Price was steep, but they are competitive, and have a ring. Real deal. Worth noting is the crazy talent in this draft. Chise guys'o plenty in the 1st round...except for that guy from Tulane. At least they didn't give up a lot to get him, and then ruin him in three years and run him out of town. He was probably a jerk.

Smith - See above. Not buying into him being worthy of this pick. No playoffs, can't keep the starting job. The guy Rodgers drafted at the end of the first round may have more value.

Young - I don't know on this Young. Leinart and Cutler were the other 1st rd QB's. Leinart = bust, Cutler hasn't really done anything, in terms of winning. Young has lost his job, under debatable circumstances, but he is not a guarantee to stay on the field. I think he is a franchise guy, but this is not a lock by any means.

Russell - "Jamarcus Russell is a great player, get over it." Maybe the definitive bust. Quinn was the only other QB in the 1st, and Kolb is far from proven, was 2nd rd.

Ryan - I think he's the real deal. Flacco wasn't bad value later in the round either. It is way early to know for sure, but I'll give you this one.

Stafford - Somehow called the Franchise QB last year...numbers weren't that good and he was injured. 2-8 last year, looked good this year, until he was injured again. I will not say he is a Franchise QB, not yet, not by a long shot. Sanchez...I am not giving him a pass because of last week. Freeman however, and afterthought, has looked every bit of a franchise guy, but it is early, but he appears to be the best value.

Bradford - 2010? Two games is a little early to determine either way.

So counting Ryan, Young, Manning, and Palmer. That is 4/10.

I know you love Vick...the 17 threads started saying we should trade for him gave me that impression. I will not say that he was a Franchise guy. It also helps when the QB is the face of the franchise, and not a convicted felon that you got 4 years out of.

There have been some good QB's taken later in the 1st, probably more that could be dubbed "The Franchise," does that mean we should rethink tanking the season? Somebody better call Chan and tell him.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I think it's over half the starting QB's in the Super Bowl have been drafted in the 1st round.

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 11:38 AM
i thought he was second. i guess i always just thought that leaf's status as bust was because he was number 1 that year.

I'd like to get at least 5 more, "you're a ******" like posts directed my way if possible.

Bangarang
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM

If the Bills' front office was a contestant on the Price is Right, they would be that person who always gets outbid by $1.

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
i thought he was second. i guess i always just thought that leaf's status as bust was because he was number 1 that year.

I'd like to get at least 5 more, "you're a ******" like posts directed my way if possible.

:shortbus:

billz83
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Give up hope the bills are NOT repeat ARE NOT, WILL NOT draft #1..if u honestly think that cheap old man will draft a #1 pick u are on sum serious cocaine..even if we have the WORST record in the NFL he will NO DOUBT trade down..and draft a BUST! this is the ralph wilson way.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Im not convinced Carr was a full fledged bust either... He was drafted and the Texans never invested in protecting him. He was getting sacked 6x a game.

I think any QB, eventually falls apart in that sceanario.

Tim Couch in 99 is a better example of a full blown bust.

Tim Couch had the exact same situation as David Carr.

Except Couch also lead the Browns to the playoffs.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Tim Couch had the exact same situation as David Carr.

Except Couch also lead the Browns to the playoffs.

Couch lost his job to Holcomb

doomsdayvirus
09-22-2010, 06:48 PM

this is what worries me about picking a QB in the next draft.

w/o a solid o-line we risk taking the next peyton manning and turning him into the next terri schiavo before the end of his rookie season.

X-Era
09-22-2010, 07:12 PM

You know the difference between people who make mistakes in posts and people who never do?

Google

No one here knows everything or is 100% right naturally.

X-Era
09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
this is what worries me about picking a QB in the next draft.

w/o a solid o-line we risk taking the next peyton manning and turning him into the next terri schiavo before the end of his rookie season.

Have you checked out Indy's line lately?

Nighthawk
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
LUCK. PLEASE. PLEASE!!!!!

Like Ralphy said...you need a little Luck!

X-Era
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Like Ralphy said...you need a little Luck!

Again, for the record. I'm not hellbent on only one prospect. Personally, I like 3 prospects the most for the Bills... Luck, Mallett, and Gabbert. But thats now, it may change and even though their my top guys, I cant be unhappy with guys like Devlin or even Locker at the right point.

Nighthawk
09-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Again, for the record. I'm not hellbent on only one prospect. Personally, I like 3 prospects the most for the Bills... Luck, Mallett, and Gabbert. But thats now, it may change and even though their my top guys, I cant be unhappy with guys like Devlin or even Locker at the right point.

Agreed...but if we are as bad as we expect, then I would like a top of the draft QB...not a 2nd or 3rd rounder. We will see...things always change throughout the course of the season.

X-Era
09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Agreed...but if we are as bad as we expect, then I would like a top of the draft QB...not a 2nd or 3rd rounder. We will see...things always change throughout the course of the season.

You know where I sit. I want the QB first and foremost... as long as its not a reach.

topher180
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Well to be determined after 5 years on a #1 that just cost you 100 mill... Close your eyes...imagine that was Buffalo, what do you call him?

There some arguments to be made considering your math.

You are saying it is not 50/50. I will give a few guys the benefit of the doubt, but I ask "If ______ was the QB for the Bills, are you calling him The Franchise?"

Pennington - Some good years, no doubt. Wanna sign him? Ever want to sign him? Good QB...worth the investment of the #1 QB taken? He was selected #18, not first overall, or top 5. The second QB was Giovanni Carmazzi (R3 P3.) Can we agree the QB class was thin?

Vick- I know you love him, but again...pretend we invest the #1 overall pick on him, and he then gets arrested for taking the money the team paid him and operating a dog fighting operation where he and his "friends" actually kill dogs by hanging, electrocuting etc. Whatever your feeling for dogs, this is what this guy does with his time, and it costs you your QB after 6 years, of which 4 were productive. I am not interested in that are you? No other 1st rd QB's, but there was some guy named Brees drafted in the 2nd.

Carr - Bust. I think there are reasons, but regardless no value for the pick. Especially when you could have had Joey Harrington, or Patrick Ramsey...the other 1st round QBs.

Palmer - I assume he was one of your franchise guys. 43-40 as a starter, with 2 playoff appearances, he has some big numbers, minus the season he missed due to injury. Leftwitch, Boller, and Grossman are the other 1st rounders. Are you convinced this the The Franchise? We make the playoffs twice in six years, and play around .500, I wonder what posters have to say about him, if he's in red and blue?

Manning - Price was steep, but they are competitive, and have a ring. Real deal. Worth noting is the crazy talent in this draft. Chise guys'o plenty in the 1st round...except for that guy from Tulane. At least they didn't give up a lot to get him, and then ruin him in three years and run him out of town. He was probably a jerk.

Smith - See above. Not buying into him being worthy of this pick. No playoffs, can't keep the starting job. The guy Rodgers drafted at the end of the first round may have more value.

Young - I don't know on this Young. Leinart and Cutler were the other 1st rd QB's. Leinart = bust, Cutler hasn't really done anything, in terms of winning. Young has lost his job, under debatable circumstances, but he is not a guarantee to stay on the field. I think he is a franchise guy, but this is not a lock by any means.

Russell - "Jamarcus Russell is a great player, get over it." Maybe the definitive bust. Quinn was the only other QB in the 1st, and Kolb is far from proven, was 2nd rd.

Ryan - I think he's the real deal. Flacco wasn't bad value later in the round either. It is way early to know for sure, but I'll give you this one.

Stafford - Somehow called the Franchise QB last year...numbers weren't that good and he was injured. 2-8 last year, looked good this year, until he was injured again. I will not say he is a Franchise QB, not yet, not by a long shot. Sanchez...I am not giving him a pass because of last week. Freeman however, and afterthought, has looked every bit of a franchise guy, but it is early, but he appears to be the best value.

Bradford - 2010? Two games is a little early to determine either way.

So counting Ryan, Young, Manning, and Palmer. That is 4/10.

I know you love Vick...the 17 threads started saying we should trade for him gave me that impression. I will not say that he was a Franchise guy. It also helps when the QB is the face of the franchise, and not a convicted felon that you got 4 years out of.

There have been some good QB's taken later in the 1st, probably more that could be dubbed "The Franchise," does that mean we should rethink tanking the season? Somebody better call Chan and tell him.

I've read a handful of your posts now...why are you so anti-draft?

Despite the fact this is all subjective, let's just say I agree 100% with your analysis. Even with all of that, are you insinuating that a top draft pick is not worth a 40% chance of getting a franchise caliber QB? One that you can build your team around?

Also, with the exceptions of Russell and Carr, I think anyone would have a hard time saying that the Bills would have been worse off with any of the other 8 guys at any point in this decade. I mean our guys haven't even been competent. And as for value, if you take the approach that you are, you are basically saying that every top QB overall has to be Peyton Manning to warrant the pick. I just don't think that's a reasonable expectation.

You're not saying anything earth shattering when you imply the draft is crap-shoot. But I don't think that means you should stop trying.

DrGraves
09-22-2010, 09:45 PM
note that the busts went to ****ty franchises or in the case of the texans a new team.... we are a ****ty franchise and will most definitely ruin any top QB prospect we take

DrGraves
09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
by ****ty franchise i mean poorly run organization...

X-Era
09-23-2010, 05:33 AM
note that the busts went to ****ty franchises or in the case of the texans a new team.... we are a ****ty franchise and will most definitely ruin any top QB prospect we take

What type of team did Peyton go to?

Nighthawk
09-23-2010, 07:32 AM
What type of team did Peyton go to?

The Colts sucked ass before Peyton got there!

DraftBoy
09-23-2010, 07:36 AM
The Colts sucked ass before Peyton got there!

But they had Polian.

ddaryl
09-23-2010, 08:05 AM

you tard... (2)

Naw.. it was Polians genius that figured out Leaf was not the choice.