PDA

View Full Version : QB Switch: zero press

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 10:44 AM
do you think if we switched edwards out for Brohm, the national media would have even attempted to cover it?

is it buffalo or the fact we went from one known dud to another known dud.

The vick/kolb story seems to be uber hot and talked about. meanwhile, zero interest in the worst team in football. even the lions got more attention when they were super awful.

curious on your take as to why a starting qb being yanked isn't much on the news radar.

RockStar36
09-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I saw news about it on Sportscenter Tuesday morning. That's about it.

Honestly, the Bills are the worst team in the league, so who cares?

Not only are the Eagles decent, but Vick in general is a big news item so of course that will be a hot topic.

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2010, 10:47 AM
do you think if we switched edwards out for Brohm, the national media would have even attempted to cover it?

is it buffalo or the fact we went from one known dud to another known dud.

The vick/kolb story seems to be uber hot and talked about. meanwhile, zero interest in the worst team in football. even the lions got more attention when they were super awful.

curious on your take as to why a starting qb being yanked isn't much on the news radar.

Carolina's switch did not get much press either. But this was on the ESPN trailer in the "lead" section.

The Vick story is much different because it is Vick and he has a history.

Jaybird
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Posted on espn, nfl, tsn, cnnsi..... What do you expect front cover of SI???

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Its the Bills...

Every national media outlets first response, should of been; "Win something."

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
There's not much difference when you switch from Charmin to Scotts.

better days
09-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I saw news about it on Sportscenter Tuesday morning. That's about it.

Honestly, the Bills are the worst team in the league, so who cares?

Not only are the Eagles decent, but Vick in general is a big news item so of course that will be a hot topic.

Not to mention, they traded McNabb because it was Kolbs time to play.

ryjam282
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Posted on espn, nfl, tsn, cnnsi..... What do you expect front cover of SI???

Like this? Gotta love Philly

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/196/196877/folders/305984/2455299vick.jpg

NorthCarBills
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I've seen it mentioned at least a handful of times between ESPN and NFL Network. But nothing too in depth.

Can't say I blame the networks. It bores me even as a Bills fan.

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
The crickets you hear chirping are the reporters that were hired to report on the Bills during the season.

billz83
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Mainly because Vick is an actual QB and has TALENT..who cares who starts for the bills either way they are the worst QB in the league..they SUCK! nobody wants to talk about how garbage a player is over and over again..everybody in the league knows how GARBAGE this team is they GET NO RESPECT and they dont deserve an ounce of respect..THEY ARE THAT BAD!

Historian
09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
There's not much difference when you switch from Charmin to Scotts.

Dorkwards to Fitzputrid

Big story there.

doomsdayvirus
09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
buffalo isn't relevant to anyone outside of buffalo and hasn't been for at least 10 years. people aren't going to tune in to watch a story on a bottom barrell team's quarterback controversy between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.