PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical: Minnesota for Evans

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Troubles with San Diego and Jackson, would you be against offering Evans to minny for a second next year and a second in 2012?

it's not really being discussed, but i thought it could be food for thought.

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
No point, those picks don't bring back any value, especially since WR's notoriously take a long time to develop.

Why do we suddenly want to trade Evans btw?

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
i thought you were talking about trading evans for minnesota fats the pool player.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Lee Evans is one of our best players, although his career has been adversely affected by our QB situation. And he is our only proven receiver.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2010, 12:00 PM
No point, those picks don't bring back any value, especially since WR's notoriously take a long time to develop.

Why do we suddenly want to trade Evans btw?

That, and the fact that Evans is basically the same player as Bernard Berrian and they dont even really use him, leads me to believe that this wouldnt and shouldnt ever happen.

Plus, I know Evans isnt a star, but would you be allright with our starting WR's being Stevie J and Roscoe???

kelly2reed4six
Troubles with San Diego and Jackson, would you be against offering Evans to minny for a second next year and a second in 2012?

it's not really being discussed, but i thought it could be food for thought.

I was actually just thinking about trading evans today....but in a different scenario. Don't get me wrong, I love Lee. I think he is a class act who has done well putting up with a crap hole of a franchise. If he were on a team with a solid/good QB, he would be a very good wide receiver. The fact that he put up the numbers that he did here with NOONE throwing him the ball speaks hugely for him.

I think we should go hard after marcus mcneill. Offer evans and a later round pick for him. Evans would be GREAT for that team. It would give Rivers a major deep threat. And lets face it, as much as I would be sad to see lee go anywhere, his talent is being completely wasted here. We are a rebuilding team and will be for at least a couple more years. By that time, Lee will be out of his prime and his career will be a complete waste. If we could get our hands on Mcneill we would have our franchise LT to protect our Franchise QB that we draft next year; worry about wide out later. The OL and QB are much more important.

With that said, I know it will never happen; but I would much rather have a franchise LT over a wide receiver who's talent and prime has been, and is, being flushed down the toilet.

trapezeus
i'm of the hockey mind that this season is lost, that the team has shown that it either doesn't want to bring in free agents or can't bring in the free agents that they want and must rely soley on the draft.

As a result, if their belief is to build solely through the draft with mid level free agent picks ups, in a truely ugly year, cut the crap about trying to play with pride and trying to find answers. Get the most picks you can get and go hog wild. We have 53 players on the roster, and 7-9 picks alone aren't going to get you where you need to be very quickly.

Up it to 10-13 picks this year and you can solve one side of the ball theoretically. you can get players who will push the dead wood out. Why is ellison on this team? because no one better pushed him out.

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
We have no one ot replace him which would only set us back even further while we wait for a new WR to become a #1.

If we ever get a QB who can play Evans would make a great #1b compliment to a real possesion #1a WR

ryjam282
09-22-2010, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=jae1986]If we could get our hands on Mcneill we would have our franchise LT to protect our Franchise QB that we draft next year;/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'd have our franchise LT until his contract is up and we refuse to pay him a dime and trade him for two 4th round picks.....I love Lee and for that reason I'd like to see him go somewhere else and get some actual national love. He's a very good WR and if he went to Minny, he'd be one of the top 10 in the league IMO cause he'd have a QB throwing to him. He's much better than Sidney Rice too.

DrGraves
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
i feel so bad that evans has to waste his talent here. i would be happy to trade him just to see him have the success he deserves

justasportsfan
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
i feel so bad that evans has to waste his talent here. i would be happy to trade him just to see him have the success he deserves

I wouldn't be happy. He's already being compensated well enough to suck it up playing for a bad team. I would rather add talent than subtract talent from this team.

k-oneputt
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I would trade Evans for a #2 immediately if possible. This team is 3 years away, Evans isn't getting any younger, he doesn't have a qb that can get him the ball, he is really a good #2 receiver, not a #1, and they will win 3-4 games this year with or without Evans. They should actually be out shopping him with Lynch.
Of course nothing will get done anyways.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I would trade Evans for a #2 immediately if possible. This team is 3 years away, Evans isn't getting any younger, he doesn't have a qb that can get him the ball, he is really a good #2 receiver, not a #1, and they will win 3-4 games this year with or without Evans. They should actually be out shopping him with Lynch.
Of course nothing will get done anyways.

sorry, but that was a naive post.

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=jae1986]If we could get our hands on Mcneill we would have our franchise LT to protect our Franchise QB that we draft next year;/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'd have our franchise LT until his contract is up and we refuse to pay him a dime and trade him for two 4th round picks.....I love Lee and for that reason I'd like to see him go somewhere else and get some actual national love. He's a very good WR and if he went to Minny, he'd be one of the top 10 in the league IMO cause he'd have a QB throwing to him. He's much better than Sidney Rice too.
He doesn't need his contract to be up. He is holding out...so he could come here, rusty, wait til we get a QB, then use our need for him to pull this shot again.

He is holding out on San Diego, which could have won the West going away. They might still win, but losing him and Jackson is going to hurt their chances of a long playoff run.

If you are looking at making a serious run, and you hold out, what are you going go do here?

Also, with a lockout looming, why do people think nobody is making this move? You don't want him for 13 games...just to lose him, and are you going to give him a huge extension, so you can pay him to lose 2 years? Then what? He holds out again? There has to be another answer.

Everybody is so critical of Buddy not "gittin'r done," but it is really a stupid move to go out and pay somebody a crazy salary, only go lose a season. People think Ralph had Monopoly money... That is not a good business move, and I feel sensible get ****ed in the end.

Lee...oh brother, here we go. We finally are desperate to trade our most low-key, long tenured, proven talent... It had to get to him sooner or later.

I'll do the obligatory... "We should have traded him for Vick!!! We had the chance for him and Big Ben, or at least I think we did, because there was some speculation at BB.com before ingot banned there."

k-oneputt
09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
sorry, but that was a naive post.

Why's that ? He is basically useless to this team at this time. By the time they rebuild this mess he will be coming down the other side of the mountain, and he isn't a #1.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Why's that ? He is basically useless to this team at this time. By the time they rebuild this mess he will be coming down the other side of the mountain, and he isn't a #1.

we'd be VERY lucky to get a 3rd, let alone a 2nd, for Evans..