PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

northernbillfan
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
This week's OFV is short, but succinct.

The most intriguing question to me right now is this: If there was an expansion team playing this year, would that team (made up of 32 other team’s worst players) be better than the Bills’ current roster. I think the new team would realize they have a talentless roster and would select a LT and a QB in the draft. I trust that the expansion team brain trust would know they can’t win without these things.

I missed this game. I was flying back from California from a family wedding. There was a time just a short while ago where flying during a Bills game was a big no-no. But that was back when the games were mildly offensive. Now that the games are either fully offensive (due to content) or lacking offensive power (due to inept play and poor talent), I’ve become a selfless family man on Sundays.

Full article ( http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/09/22/one_fans_view_looking_for_silver_linings.php)

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
disclaimer: it was written on Monday before the qb switch.

disclaimer 2: i still this gailey totally undermined himself and just set up a roster full of players who will question every failed move he makes. this isn't going to be much fun.

shelby
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Great read, thanks..

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
disclaimer: it was written on Monday before the qb switch.

disclaimer 2: i still this gailey totally undermined himself and just set up a roster full of players who will question every failed move he makes. this isn't going to be much fun.

How did he undermine himself? Is that possible?

You don't think the message that was sent was that he wouldn't tolerate incompetence? How did he fail? Trent failed, but Trent pulled his patented "look good in shorts" routine.

I didn't get the impression from anything that has come out that the players don't believe in Chan. In fact it was the opposite.

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
i guess it can go both ways. but chan should be able to see this issue from the film from last year and from his work with trent in practice.

i guess he should get props for making changes.

but like most bills decisions, i just don't see this doing anything.