• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Taylor Zaius
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Perpetual "build the new stadium next to Niagara Falls" thread

Guys and gals, I'm of the opinion that the Ralph's day has passed and it is time to build a new state of the are multi purpose stadium up against the US side of the falls. It would be the envy of the league! Lots of glass, large scoreboard/screen, retractable roof (with the understanding that it would never be closed for Bills games). The venue would be fantastic coupled next to one of the seven wonders of the world. It would reinvigorate the entire region. The falls would make it an instand draw for the Super Bowl, final four, college bowl games, pro bowl game, etc. Players would actually want to come up here to be part of something special.
    Sure there are hurdles to cross, but the time is now to start planning. Niagara is the best place to build a new stadium. Butting it up next to the falls would be idea. Thoughts?

• lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Re: I say build the new stadium next to Niagara Falls....

I dont think the falls would be able to handle the traffic although good idea

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
      Senior Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by lightningbolt444
      Sure the infrastructure needs to be updated, just as it would regardless of where we put the thing. That's a given.
      I don't care how it's done, just so long as it gets done. The time to start moving on it is now.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I am for it.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Don't kid yourself on the retractable roof. If we ever get a stadium that has one, it WILL be closed in bad weather. They may promise to keep it open for all games when they build it, but when it's December and the team is 2-11 and it's 15 degrees outside with that friggin wind ripping off the river, they'll close it. I went to Niagara U for two years and I've experienced the wind first hand- players aren't going to want to kick or throw into it and fans aren't going to want to sit in it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

I'd love it and totally agree this would be a huge step in the right direction for this area. However, what I want really doesn't matter when it comes this.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lightningbolt444

That is the exact type of thinking that keeps the WNY area a s**thole, no offense. As it is now, you're right. But with proactive thinking and planning they could get it done. The WNY area has been a staple for s**thole America too long!

I think it's a good idea, but a huge gamble. It would, without a doubt, take the right people to do it. If we got some good minds in on the planning it could be done and help the area exponentially. The gamble is that the a-hole politicians around the area would road block it for their own greedy ambitions and pompous egos, ignoring the fact that they are only burying this area further and further!

Just to mention, Niagra falls is no longer one of the 7 wonders of the world....it is one of the forgotten 7 wonders of the world. That is pathetic.

I'm with ya man, but unfortunately I think I'm only one of the few.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

would love it. People wouldn't mind coming to watch the games because of the added value of seeing the falls.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

buffalo and niagara's lack of top end hotels will make it impossible to host a superbowl.

and hosting a superbowl should be part of a winning strategy of hosting events. you shouldn't be building infrastructure to get a superbowl. you're infrastructure that supports your community should be solid enough that a superbowl is just icing on the cake.

i think niagara falls is totally untapped and needs to be realized as a great city with lots to do. i think they are slowly getting it right and building some attractions. I think state funded stadiums are killing the debt of the local, state and federal governments.

Also, why are we spending large amounts of money on new stadiums that can't stay relevant for more than 30 years?

Do the upkeep and keep these stadiums alive. Buffalo doesn't have an interested corporate base in buying more expensive boxes.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Don't kid yourself on the retractable roof. If we ever get a stadium that has one, it WILL be closed in bad weather. They may promise to keep it open for all games when they build it, but when it's December and the team is 2-11 and it's 15 degrees outside with that friggin wind ripping off the river, they'll close it. I went to Niagara U for two years and I've experienced the wind first hand- players aren't going to want to kick or throw into it and fans aren't going to want to sit in it.
                    Agreed...it will be closed and I'm OK with it. Players nowadays are more interested in playing in perfect conditions then playing in the elements. It's just the way the sport has gone.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jae1986
                      That is the exact type of thinking that keeps the WNY area a s**thole, no offense. As it is now, you're right. But with proactive thinking and planning they could get it done. The WNY area has been a staple for s**thole America too long!

I think it's a good idea, but a huge gamble. It would, without a doubt, take the right people to do it. If we got some good minds in on the planning it could be done and help the area exponentially. The gamble is that the a-hole politicians around the area would road block it for their own greedy ambitions and pompous egos, ignoring the fact that they are only burying this area further and further!

Just to mention, Niagra falls is no longer one of the 7 wonders of the world....it is one of the forgotten 7 wonders of the world. That is pathetic.

I'm with ya man, but unfortunately I think I'm only one of the few.
                      Thanks buddy. It will take bold thinking to pull this off. No doubt that the timid and doubting thomas' will whine throughout the process.

Go Bills!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        buffalo and niagara's lack of top end hotels will make it impossible to host a superbowl.

and hosting a superbowl should be part of a winning strategy of hosting events. you shouldn't be building infrastructure to get a superbowl. you're infrastructure that supports your community should be solid enough that a superbowl is just icing on the cake.

i think niagara falls is totally untapped and needs to be realized as a great city with lots to do. i think they are slowly getting it right and building some attractions. I think state funded stadiums are killing the debt of the local, state and federal governments.

Also, why are we spending large amounts of money on new stadiums that can't stay relevant for more than 30 years?

Do the upkeep and keep these stadiums alive. Buffalo doesn't have an interested corporate base in buying more expensive boxes.
                        It's closer to the Ontario/Toronto market...there will be businesses that buy the boxes for that location. There are hotels being built on steady basis in the WNY area and this would just add to the building of additional hotels in NF.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          would love it. People wouldn't mind coming to watch the games because of the added value of seeing the falls.
                          Bingo.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus

Actually, if you build a multi purpose complex, it will spur exansion of modern hotels in the area. Its a fricken crime that downtown Niagara is a dump with the mighty falls right at its doorstop. The stadim I envision would end this nonsense.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                              • Dec 2008

Just imagine a MNF game at the stadium.....rather than the announcers simply making their token comment about chicken wings in wny, maybe they could actually say "Man, I love doing MNF games up here.....this area is just gorgeous! The football game is an added bonus!"

Comment

Working...
                              X