PDA

View Full Version : One thing I like about Gailey this week......

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Say what you will about his ability to coach a game or lead players or evaluate talent, but he seem to be holding players responsible.

There were two plays last week that stood out as "lazy" plays to me.

One was on the first int of the game. Johnson slowed up on the pattern and did not make the full effort for the pass. The second was Trent running out of bounds late in the game on 4th down.

Neither player is starting now. Maybe it is a coincidence. And there are other factors in the benching. But it seems as if he is sending a message.

Go all out or else. If a player is not good enought but stills gives all (i.e. Kelsay) that is a much lesser sin than a guy not putting it on the line.

jpdex12
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Exactly...you know I was wondering why in the hell Trent would run out of bounds on 4th down and just give up when he could have at least heaved it up field in hopes that something miraculous would happen.

My guess and I have not heard anyone mention this yet but I bet he thought it was only third down and thought he had one more play...

Either way it deserves benching and that's what he got!

justasportsfan
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
His initial assessment of players was wrong when he picked Trent and can't really blame him since Trent had a better camp than the other qb's. So what? At least he's willing to make adjustments.

The prior HC stuck with what wasn't working no matter what.

Throne Logic
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
His initial assessment of players was wrong when he picked Trent and can't really blame him since Trent had a better camp than the other qb's. So what? At least he's willing to make adjustments.

The prior HC stuck with what wasn't working no matter what.

That's what I'm hanging my very weary and worn out hat on.

If I loose all hope that Chan might have some sort of a clue as the HC, then I'm not sure what small ray of hope I'll find to cling to.

doomsdayvirus
09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
gailey was handed a steaming pile and was asked to make it into a football team. it's not gonna happen overnight, and after just 2 games i'm not quite ready to crucify him yet. hell, 2 years might be too soon with all the work that needs to be done here.

i'm willing to give the guy a chance though. he doesn't seem to have a high tolerance for bull*****, which i like already. and seeing as though the team couldn't get any of the available "big name" coaches to even call them back, we have to make the most of what we've got.

remember, guys like cowher, and parcells, and whoever else, were all "no names" before they were "big names". you've gotta start somewhere. and even they aren't miracle workers. i can't see being 2-0 under any coach right now.

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Man, it is a little weird to have to feel like an Chan apologist after two week of "The Trent Edwards' **** Show," but I guess that's what I am...since WGR and many fans here think Chan has failed.

You guys think Gailey looked beat at his pressers...i though he was in utter shock at Trent's inability to run the offense. I don't think he was beat, I think he was holding back telling everybody what really happened, because that isn't the right way to do it. So he gave Trent two chances and pulled the plug.

If there wasn't a big deal over Campbell, Young, etc, we would be applauding this move. I still am. Enough is enough out of Trent. Gailey couldn't deny him the job, and when he gave him two chances, and when the results were worse the the second time, he made his move.

I don't give a **** what WGR, Sully, Tim Graham, Baby-Carrot Dick Clayton, Marino, Shannon Sharpe (although in fairness I wouldn't understand what he said) or any other douche says. This was the right move.

Everybody is doom and gloom. Our D has looked way better than expected...I know we gave up points to GB...after going 3 and out the whole first half, minus our only trip to the Red Zone this year. They had 13 points. They converted both takeaways into scores on a short field....which was immediately after they just gave us their all, and Trent gave them 20 seconds to catch their breath.

Our offense looked creative and effective in the PS. We are going to be a different team Sunday.

I'll eat my words if I am wrong, that's fine, but this was not a move made out of weakness, and we are not going to be the same sad sack team come Sunday.

Bills 35 Pats 27...Chan looks like a ****ing genius. Fitzy looks like Fran Tarkenton.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Its kindof the same idea, but I also like that he isnt making excuses...Jauron would be hamming on about how we are just missing this and need to just tweak that, and Jauron sure would have never benched Edwards this early. Gailey seems to AT THE VERY LEAST be a little more decisive than Jauron and is willing to make a bit of a tough decision and go with it. Whether any of this leads to progress remains to be seen, though.