PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in Kolb?

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 02:10 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles have received numerous calls about the availability of quarterback Kevin Kolb from several teams, according to a senior team official.

"We have had calls," the team official said Wednesday.

One of the teams to contact the Eagles about Kolb was the Cleveland Browns, whose general manager is Tom Heckert. Heckert was the Eagles' GM before taking over in the same capacity with Cleveland before this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5604002

The King
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Nah.

Scumbag College
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
We'll just stand pat with our rotten QBs.

realdealryan
09-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't mind it. What's his base? The Eagles already gave him the guaranteed money....

TacklingDummy
Send them a combination of 2 of the 3, Lynch, Whitner, or Maybin.

billz83
**** THAT! y do we always go after the BS player..instead of getting Vick now we want to go after the guy thas been benched because VICK is playing a 100 Times better.?! **** KOLB HELL NO TO HIM!(i agree that he is WAY better then who we have though..college QBz would be better then captain checkdown and Fitz). WE SHOULDA GOT VICK F*** KOLB!

justasportsfan
Trent for Kolb straight up.

Trent is the perfect WCO qb.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Screw the Bills, I'm interested in some for some corn on the Kolb right now. Starved.

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
if kolb is expected to be better than the drafted players nad they want him to be the rebuild guy, go for it.

but he got concussed. if he doesn't recover fully, then behind his line, he'll have trent brain in very short order.

psubills62
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I seriously doubt Kolb will be moved, for a couple reasons: 1) Philly will want a decently high draft pick, or solid player compensation plus a draft pick, 2) that would completely deplete Philadelphia's depth at QB.

If they ship Kolb out and Vick sustains an injury, I don't see them picking up a QB who is good enough to get that team to the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Trent for Kolb straight up.Trent, Fitz, and Brohm for Kolb.

Throne Logic
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
**** THAT! y do we always go after the BS player..instead of getting Vick now we want to go after the guy thas been benched because VICK is playing a 100 Times better.?! **** KOLB HELL NO TO HIM!(i agree that he is WAY better then who we have though..college QBz would be better then captain checkdown and Fitz). WE SHOULDA GOT VICK F*** KOLB!

Easy there. Kolb only played a quarter of football. Not anywhere near enough to say how he'll be. Vick is an enigma right now. See how he does in 4 weeks after teams figure out his "new" tendencies.

Kolb is most likely not the answer. However, if we get him at a reasonable base for an exchange of someone we won't miss. . . Why not?

That all said, there is very little chance Philly gives him up. They have way too much invested in him and Vick is still a huge question mark.

BillsWin
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I would love it if it was the right price. He could be damaged goods with the concussion. But if not, this kid has potential to be a stud. He is much better than the scrubs we have.

SquishDaFish
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Trent and a 5th for Kolb. If we did anything bigger for him it would remind me of Rob Johnson and I dont want that LOL

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
We're about to have choice on some of the better QB's to come out of college in a few years...

Why would we want to raise ourselves all the way back to mediocrity at best when were so close to getting a franchise arm of our own.

We will not be bringin gin any FA or trading for any QB's this season... it ain't happening

tampabay25690
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Lynch and a 4th round pick for Kolb

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I rather start Brohm than Kolb lol

realdealryan
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM

1) Nobody here knows if we're interested, pump the brakes. And the space bar for that matter.

2)Obviously I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure that we're not in it for a big free-agent over 30 at the quarterback position. Vick would have been expensive; he would have required a moderately hefty contract, besides not taking responsibility for all of the psychopath stuff, etc...

We're about to have choice on some of the better QB's to come out of college in a few years...

Why would we want to raise ourselves all the way back to mediocrity at best when were so close to getting a franchise arm of our own.

We will not be bringin gin any FA or trading for any QB's this season... it ain't happening

Top 5 draft pick next year: Do we want to go down that road with a qb that could screw the Bills for the forseeable future? How much $$$? Is there a draft? Are Kolb's salaries over the next couple of years sweet enough to throw them a pick and let Kevin play for his next contract?

Trading for Kolb seems like a nice deal on the surface. Andy Reid got rid of McNabb, so I'm not about to let his removal of Kolb be the last word on his potential. Buy low....

lightningbolt444
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Are these the numbers for the franchise qb you want to lead the bills. Remember the Eagles as a whole are a much more talented unit as a whole as well.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg" align="middle"> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="4" height="18"> Career Stats</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="10">Passing</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="6">Rushing</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="3">Sacked</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="3">Fumbles</td></tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right" height="18"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left"> Season</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left">Team</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">G</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">QBRat</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Comp</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Att</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Pct</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Yds</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Y/G</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Y/A</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> TD
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Int</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Rush</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Yds</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Y/G</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Avg</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">TD</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Sack</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">YdsL</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Fum</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">FumL</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2007-08</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Philadelphia</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">0.0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">N/A</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0.0</td> <td class="yspscores">N/A</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td class="yspscores">-2</td> <td class="yspscores">-2.0</td> <td class="yspscores">-0.7</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td> <td class="yspscores">13</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2008-09</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Philadelphia</td> <td class="yspscores">6</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">21.8</td> <td class="yspscores">17</td> <td class="yspscores">34</td> <td class="yspscores">50.0</td> <td class="yspscores">144</td> <td class="yspscores">24.0</td> <td class="yspscores">4.2</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">4</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">13</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td> <td class="yspscores">0.3</td> <td class="yspscores">0.2</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2009-10</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Philadelphia</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">88.9</td> <td class="yspscores">62</td> <td class="yspscores">96</td> <td class="yspscores">64.6</td> <td class="yspscores">741</td> <td class="yspscores">148.2</td> <td class="yspscores">7.7</td> <td class="yspscores">4</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td> <td class="yspscores">-1</td> <td class="yspscores">-0.2</td> <td class="yspscores">-0.2</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td class="yspscores">27</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2010-11</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Philadelphia</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">56.3</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td> <td class="yspscores">10</td> <td class="yspscores">50.0</td> <td class="yspscores">24</td> <td class="yspscores">24.0</td> <td class="yspscores">2.4</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td class="yspscores">0.0</td> <td class="yspscores">N/A</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td class="yspscores">17</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" colspan="2" align="left"> Career</td> <td class="yspscores">13</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">67.8</td> <td class="yspscores"> 84</td> <td class="yspscores"> 140</td> <td class="yspscores"> 60.0</td> <td class="yspscores"> 909</td> <td class="yspscores">69.9</td> <td class="yspscores"> 6.5</td> <td class="yspscores">4</td> <td class="yspscores">7</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">21</td> <td class="yspscores">-1</td> <td class="yspscores">-0.1</td> <td class="yspscores">-0.0</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">8</td> <td class="yspscores">57</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">4</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td></tr></tbody></table>
Now lets look at Trent

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg" align="middle"> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="4" height="18"> Career Stats</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="10">Passing</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="6">Rushing</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="3">Sacked</td> <td class="yspwhitebg" rowspan="7" width="1" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="ysptblhdr" colspan="3">Fumbles</td></tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right" height="18"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left"> Season</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left">Team</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">G</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">QBRat</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Comp</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Att</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Pct</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Yds</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Y/G</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Y/A</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> TD</td> <td class="yspdetailttl"> Int</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Rush</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Yds</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Y/G</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Avg</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">TD</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Sack</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">YdsL</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Fum</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">FumL</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2007-08</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Buffalo</td> <td class="yspscores">10</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">70.4</td> <td class="yspscores">151</td> <td class="yspscores">269</td> <td class="yspscores">56.1</td> <td class="yspscores">1630</td> <td class="yspscores">163.0</td> <td class="yspscores">6.1</td> <td class="yspscores">7</td> <td class="yspscores">8</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">14</td> <td class="yspscores">49</td> <td class="yspscores">4.9</td> <td class="yspscores">3.5</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">12</td> <td class="yspscores">105</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">4</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2008-09</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Buffalo</td> <td class="yspscores">14</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">85.4</td> <td class="yspscores">245</td> <td class="yspscores">374</td> <td class="yspscores">65.5</td> <td class="yspscores">2699</td> <td class="yspscores">192.8</td> <td class="yspscores">7.2</td> <td class="yspscores">11</td> <td class="yspscores">10</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">36</td> <td class="yspscores">117</td> <td class="yspscores">8.4</td> <td class="yspscores">3.3</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">23</td> <td class="yspscores">143</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">9</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2009-10</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Buffalo</td> <td class="yspscores">8</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">73.8</td> <td class="yspscores">110</td> <td class="yspscores">183</td> <td class="yspscores">60.1</td> <td class="yspscores">1169</td> <td class="yspscores">146.1</td> <td class="yspscores">6.4</td> <td class="yspscores">6</td> <td class="yspscores">7</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">14</td> <td class="yspscores">106</td> <td class="yspscores">13.3</td> <td class="yspscores">7.6</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">23</td> <td class="yspscores">139</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" align="left"> 2010-11</td> <td class="yspscores" align="left">Buffalo</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">58.3</td> <td class="yspscores">29</td> <td class="yspscores">52</td> <td class="yspscores">55.8</td> <td class="yspscores">241</td> <td class="yspscores">120.5</td> <td class="yspscores">4.6</td> <td class="yspscores">1</td> <td class="yspscores">2</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td> <td class="yspscores">24</td> <td class="yspscores">12.0</td> <td class="yspscores">4.8</td> <td class="yspscores">0</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">7</td> <td class="yspscores">63</td> <td>
</td></tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"> <td class="yspscores" colspan="2" align="left"> Career</td> <td class="yspscores">34</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">76.8</td> <td class="yspscores">535</td> <td class="yspscores"> 878
</td> <td class="yspscores"> 60.9</td> <td class="yspscores"> 5739</td> <td class="yspscores"> 168.8</td> <td class="yspscores">6.5</td> <td class="yspscores">25</td> <td class="yspscores">27</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">69</td> <td class="yspscores"> 296</td> <td class="yspscores">8.7</td> <td class="yspscores">4.3</td> <td class="yspscores">3</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">65</td> <td class="yspscores">450</td> <td>
</td> <td class="yspscores">14</td> <td class="yspscores">5</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ed
09-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I would hate this move. We would probably give up too much and Kolb would most likely have a terrible season. With how bad our OL is, the fact that he's recovering from a bad concussion, and having to learn a new system during the season would pretty much guarantee him to fail. I know it's only week 3, but we are terrible and this season is already a lost cause, so I'd rather just let it play out and see what are options are at the end of the year.

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
"We need a QB....just not any that might be available."

"We have the worst QB's in the league, but I'd rather keep what we have than get ______"

::fast forward to two weeks when he has a good game.

"We ****ing suck! We should have traded for him when we had the chance!!"

lightningbolt444
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
"We need a QB....just not any that might be available."

"We have the worst QB's in the league, but I'd rather keep what we have than get ______"

::fast forward to two weeks when he has a good game.

"We ****ing suck! We should have traded for him when we had the chance!!"

I will always say he is overrated until he puts together a full season. There have been a TON of backups that are ok in spot duty then once the job is theirs they fall flat on their face

ddaryl
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
1)

Top 5 draft pick next year: Do we want to go down that road with a qb that could screw the Bills for the forseeable future? How much $$$? Is there a draft? Are Kolb's salaries over the next couple of years sweet enough to throw them a pick and let Kevin play for his next contract?

I do... and I'm thinking #1 overall draft pick.

last time the Bills had the #1 pick = Bruce Smith.

However Kolb doesn't even come into the equation when we are looking at Mallette and Luck IMO...

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I do... and I'm thinking #1 overall draft pick.

last time the Bills had the #1 pick = Bruce Smith.

However Kolb doesn't even come into the equation when we are looking at Mallette and Luck IMO...

What's with the Locker hate on this board? They say if he came out last year, he'd be the pick ahead of Bradford.

psubills62
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
What's with the Locker hate on this board? They say if he came out last year, he'd be the pick ahead of Bradford.

The only person I knew who said that was Todd McShay. Locker got a 3rd round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee.

Some people also claimed Jimmy Clausen was in the mix for #1 overall.

tampabay25690
09-22-2010, 03:18 PM

Thats because he had a bad game last week and some of these guys watched ESPN and said he had a bad game...

Im still on the LOCKER bandwagon just plays on a ****ty Wash team.....

Philagape
09-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Not really related to the topic, but it's just remarkable that not mentioning someone is "hate." That word just means nothing anymore.

better days
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Did you watch him lose to the Huskers?

better days
09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Thats because he had a bad game last week and some of these guys watched ESPN and said he had a bad game...

Im still on the LOCKER bandwagon just plays on a ****ty Wash team.....

Yeah, well he is one of the players on that team. He did NOTHING to help his team win that game. I say PASS on him.

Billz_fan
09-22-2010, 04:31 PM
He got concussed with the eagles, Here he would be killed :D Besides I was never sold on the guy I still think he tanks.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I want a new qb, but it still won't matter who we get until we get a line in front of him to keep him upright.

that's why OL and QB has to be priority #1 this offseason.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Teams build around QB's. They don't build around o-linemen.