PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Trent is not the only one getting demoted this week

sauce
09-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Roscoe Parrish is the new #2

Over an hour ago - Though Roscoe Parrish will now be Buffalo's No. 2 WR, Parrish will continue to operate out of the slot when the team uses three WRs. "When we do three receivers he goes into the slot and then I come in to the outside," former starter Steve Johnson said. Bills RapidReports

It would be nice if Gailey can complete the trifecta and demote Chris Kelsey as well...

BillsWin
09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Let Nelson play on the outside. He may turn out to be a stud. I don't see him slowing down on a slant route or not giving 100%.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
A wise man once said, "Give the ball to Roscoe...good things will happen."

I believe that man was me in September 2006 when Scoe turned on the burners for a 50+ yard TD against the Jets.

G Wolly
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM

I believe that man was me in September 2006 when Scoe turned on the burners for a 50+ yard TD against the Jets.

Ah yes. The start of the Dick Era. With JP at QB.

If I were you, I wouldn't brag about something you said during that season.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Steve Johnson blowssssss

Throne Logic
09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow. Roscoe Parrish as a #2 WR.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot get excited about this.

tampabay25690
09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Saw this coming alot on this site still have wood over Stevie J....
I dont see it at all......
D Nelson will be ahead of Stevie soon..

Philagape
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Easley would have been starting by now :sigh:

With all the talk about QB, LT and LB, I wouldn't mind at all drafting a stud WR.

Still so many needs :sigh:

dannyek71
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM

That was before the CLE game last year.

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Easley would have been starting by now :sigh:

With all the talk about QB, LT and LB, I wouldn't mind at all drafting a stud WR.

Still so many needs :sigh:

Don't forget DE, RT, and NT!

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
i don't know how you judge the WR's with the last two weeks of play from the QB. but steve was the cause of one of the interceptions. that has to suck as a coach to know you got a timid qb and the one time he throws it 10 yards, the receiver pops it up for an easy pick.

if kelsay gets benched that would be something. i hate kelsay, but i think they should just put him on the inside and ellison on the outside. kelsay seems to like contact and can stop someone if he had any idea where he should be on the field.

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Don't forget DE, RT, and NT!
Don't forget TE as well!!!!

Thief
09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Would Josh Reed not be a better option?

Edit: I can't believe I just said that.

justasportsfan
09-22-2010, 03:52 PM
i don't know how you judge the WR's with the last two weeks of play from the QB.
try 3 years

trapezeus
09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
i think johnson is just a slack ass. we've seen last year's twitter. he doesn't seem like a disciplined player. that's enough to get the demotion on most teams.

Philagape
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Johnson is a seventh-round draft pick who has never played above that level.

This hole is yet another leftover of the Jauron regime, for thinking Hardy was the answer. It's like the franchise didn't exist for four years.

Novacane
09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Gator arms gets benched. Good! It's nice to see guys who are not performing get demoted.

more cowbell
09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Parrish is the second best WR on the team...so it would make sense to start him considering Steve Johnson doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster.

stuckincincy
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM

I can't wait to see him throw that key block on a 250 lb+ linebacker, letting Spiller ramble 90 yards to the house... :coocoo:

Ground Chuck
09-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Let Nelson play on the outside. He may turn out to be a stud. I don't see him slowing down on a slant route or not giving 100%.

I concur

billsburgh
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM

It would be nice if Gailey can complete the trifecta and demote Chris Kelsey as well...
or even better, just cut his worthless ass.

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Saw this coming alot on this site still have wood over Stevie J....
I dont see it at all......
D Nelson will be ahead of Stevie soon..

People had wood over johnson. :nsfw:

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 06:30 PM

To what? we already have a towelboy.

doomsdayvirus
09-22-2010, 06:43 PM
i don't know how you judge the WR's with the last two weeks of play from the QB. but steve was the cause of one of the interceptions. that has to suck as a coach to know you got a timid qb and the one time he throws it 10 yards, the receiver pops it up for an easy pick.

this.

ServoBillieves
09-22-2010, 08:26 PM
So two midgets on the outside. 2 small targets for our new quarterback behind a shoddy line.

Man I love the Bills.

You know you're not going to win, why not start the developmental guys so they will be ready for when this team IS going to win?

I would be fine with a Bell/Howard/Wood/Levitre/Meredith line, Brohm at QB, the backfield the same, Evans/Nelson at WR, ANY TE but the ones we have, and the D just strugglin' along as long as these guys are learning how to play at a ****ing NFL level while the ones who've continued to fail can sit the bench.

Mad Max
09-22-2010, 10:28 PM
So two midgets on the outside. 2 small targets for our new quarterback behind a shoddy line.

Man I love the Bills.

You know you're not going to win, why not start the developmental guys so they will be ready for when this team IS going to win?

I would be fine with a Bell/Howard/Wood/Levitre/Meredith line, Brohm at QB, the backfield the same, Evans/Nelson at WR, ANY TE but the ones we have, and the D just strugglin' along as long as these guys are learning how to play at a ****ing NFL level while the ones who've continued to fail can sit the bench.

The problem is coaches in the NFL don't get paid to develop guys, they get paid to win.

You don't have to look very far to see evidence of that. Fitz is not the future of the franchise, Gailey knows this, yet he starts him in favor of a guy that could be, in Brohm.

Why? Because even though it's an almost certainty that Fitz will only lead the team to a handful of wins (max 5-6), he will at least win a few, whereas in trying to develop Brohm on the fly, although it could be better for the team in the long run could mean a 1-2 win season or worse.

As fans most of us would be ok with a 1-2 win season (ultimately the same as a 5-6 win season) if it meant that we were bringing along some guys that would help us win 11-12 in a year or two. Problem from the coaches perspective though is those developmental losing seasons are going to get him canned.

jlgarsh
09-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Parrish is the second best WR on the team...so it would make sense to start him considering Steve Johnson doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster.

Amen, Steve Johnson sucks! What has he ever done to help us win?

Bravo82
09-23-2010, 03:50 PM

:monkeyp: :afro:

:clown: