PDA

View Full Version : Edwards surprised, but committed to team

G Wolly
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
The Bills quarterback that won the team’s competition at the position this offseason admitted he was caught off guard by the decision made by head coach Chan Gailey on Monday to go with Ryan Fitzpatrick as his starter for the foreseeable future. Trent Edwards wasn’t expecting to be taking a seat on the bench so soon, but he made it clear he’s committed to the team no matter his role.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Edwards-surprised-but-committed-to-team/228ba1e4-3a47-4696-8f01-5bb8e2d465d1?module=HP_headlines

So not only can't he play QB well enough to stay a starter on the 32nd ranked offense thus far, but apparently he also didn't expect to be demoted.

FlyingDutchman
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
well surprised would be an emotion...and thats more than ive seen from his a$$ so far

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
That's right, take it like a ***** Trent.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised that Trent was surprised. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

BillsWin
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
What a loser.

If that was me I'd be pissed. Of course, I'd never puss out and check down like a ***** time and time again when my job is on the line. So my job wouldnt be in question in the first place.

Thief
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I think he handled it with class.

better days
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm surprised that Trent was surprised. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I'm not surprised at all. Trent probably thought he was playing great. "Benched? Why? I didn't have a single int against Miami & only 2 against the Pack."

FlyingDutchman
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Billswin love the signature man! UDel alumni baby! Go Devlin go Hens!

2Smooth
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I think he was surprised he wasn't benched after the first game and i was surprised he wasn't cut from the team.

Commissioner
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
It would be nice to know if Chan ever told Trent... . pull the trigger and throw the ball down field.

Or said, "Why the F#*K did you just run out of bounds with nothing to lose?"

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2010, 04:17 PM
It would be nice to know if Chan ever told Trent... . pull the trigger and throw the ball down field.

Or said, "Why the F#*K did you just run out of bounds with nothing to lose?"

Depth Charts speak louder than words.

Commissioner
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Depth Charts speak louder than words.

I'm just interested .. if Chan said, this is what you did wrong and this is why you are being benched.

Instead of... we are just trying to spark the offense.

Novacane
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Of course Trent is supprised. He is used to playing for a coach who would let him keep his job no matter how bad he played.

starrymessenger
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Actually even Dick (like Chan) accused Trent of being unwilling/unable to take his shots last year when things started to come undone. Heres a guy with his career on the line. He needs to throw the ball downfield to have any chance of salvaging it, and he just won't do it. The words that come to mind are "incomprehensible", "unfathomable" etc...Running out of bounds to end the game in Green Bay was not going to affect the outcome in any way, but even, and I might say especially when you've been beaten like a rented mule you need to be defiant and unaccepting of the result. Its about attitude and the message that you are giving your teammates as the leader of the offence. Trent just doesn't get it. I'll bet Chan's jaw dropped.

Commissioner
09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Actually even Dick (like Chan) accused Trent of being unwilling/unable to take his shots last year when things started to come undone. Heres a guy with his career on the line. He needs to throw the ball downfield to have any chance of salvaging it, and he just won't do it. The words that come to mind are "incomprehensible", "unfathomable" etc...Running out of bounds to end the game in Green Bay was not going to affect the outcome in any way, but even, and I might say especially when you've been beaten like a rented mule you need to be defiant and unaccepting of the result. Its about attitude and the message that you are giving your teammates as the leader of the offence. Trent just doesn't get it. I'll bet Chan's jaw dropped.

What gets me about Trent... is as a competitor and an NFL QB... you should get your thrills off of throwing the ball around and taking shots down the field.

What kind of QB are you if you are satisfied with making the safe play? Why do you even play the sport?

better days
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
What gets me about Trent... is as a competitor and an NFL QB... you should get your thrills off of throwing the ball around and taking shots down the field.

What kind of QB are you if you are satisfied with making the safe play? Why do you even play the sport?

He plays because he gets paid for it (not much longer). In interviews he has said he has a passion for golf.

SabreEleven
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Someone should show him where the film room is

Hogwasher
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
He also said Dakota Fanning is his favorite actress. She is legal in California, maybe they will settle down together.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-23-2010, 04:28 AM
If Trent is surprised he is getting benched there is no way he watches game tape.

TMu11
09-23-2010, 04:32 AM
He would rather sing for a bunch of 16 year old girls with his Bieber haircut.
I can't believe this is anything other than normalcy for him. Did he think he was playing well? If so, maybe he should be re-examined for a permanent head injury.

Cleve
09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
The fact that Edwards is 'surprised' shows how naive and incompetent he in fact is. Look at how awful his QB rating was from the past two games.... why would it surprise any knowledgeable professional quarterback that he would be benched given his awful stats?

ChristopherWalken
09-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Much like his ability to feel the defensive pass rush...he never saw it coming.

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
i wonder how entrenched he is in the idea that he was right? Does he know he isn't trying to make plays down field, or does he think, "no one is open. i'm taking what's available?"

its not that important now. it's nice to hear what he had to say. he handled it with class and a bit of truth. i liked that he said, "i internalize a lot and i'm disappointed, but i'm a team player and will be here."

That's the best answer you could expect.

better days
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
i wonder how entrenched he is in the idea that he was right? Does he know he isn't trying to make plays down field, or does he think, "no one is open. i'm taking what's available?"

its not that important now. it's nice to hear what he had to say. he handled it with class and a bit of truth. i liked that he said, "i internalize a lot and i'm disappointed, but i'm a team player and will be here."

That's the best answer you could expect.

I would be all for just cutting him today. What is the point of keeping him? his contract is up at the end of the year anyway. Cut Trent & pick up another QB from some teams PS.

DynaPaul
09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Is he surprised that he was demoted or surprised that he sucks so much?

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
they should literally have fitz and brohm split series at this point.

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
cutting trent and still paying him the remainder of his salary kinda sucks. why not have him be the whipping boy for practice. if we are down to two qb's, we'll be using roscoe for a handful of games. which is awesome that ournew number 2 WR is also able to be our #1 QB.

I hate this team.

better days
09-23-2010, 12:53 PM
cutting trent and still paying him the remainder of his salary kinda sucks. why not have him be the whipping boy for practice. if we are down to two qb's, we'll be using roscoe for a handful of games. which is awesome that ournew number 2 WR is also able to be our #1 QB.

I hate this team.

Well, Trent is a good practice player, but he has no future in Buffalo. Probably no future anywhere in the NFL. Why not bring in another young guy with potential? JMO

Historian
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
So not only can't he play QB well enough to stay a starter on the 32nd ranked offense thus far, but apparently he also didn't expect to be demoted.

So he's lousey and stupid?

STRONG_BAD
09-23-2010, 01:05 PM
He also said Dakota Fanning is his favorite actress. She is legal in California, maybe they will settle down together.

He's recently updated his bio.........his new favorite actress is Elle Fanning

Bangarang
09-23-2010, 01:53 PM

I hate this team.

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/first-i-lold.jpg

BADTHINGSMAN
09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
the guy cant play on the worst offense in the nfl, so of course he will be a team player. if he complains and got released what other team would want him?

billz83
09-25-2010, 02:54 AM
i dont get how the QB of the offense that is ONLY producing a TERRIBLE 178 yards a game in total offense could be SUPRISED he's bein benched?! He sucks just like the ones before him..for sum reason the bills really dont know what a talented QB is..like 95% of the fan base KNEW without a doubt Edwards sucked..he would not be starting if ANY of us had a say in the decision making..and yet these football minds sumhow figured edwards could be a NFL QB hahaha..knowing Ralph Wilson watch him resign him..u know with that senile man this is a possibility..

Turf
09-25-2010, 06:43 AM

Agreed. I also think Trent is surprised when he sits down to eat some soup and puts the spoon in his mouth and burns his tongue, I think he does it over and over again.