PDA

View Full Version : Bills Whitner would like to stop all the laughter

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Donte Whitner is sick of looking across the line of scrimmage and seeing the Patriots and others laughing at the Bills. New England has won 18 of 19 games vs the Bills and Whitner was not here for the one win. The safety said, "By the end of the fourth quarter they're laughing at us and it always happens and not just in Foxboro, It happened last week, the Green Bay Packers were laughing at us, Aaron Rodgers and a lot of those guys were laughing at us towards the end of the football game and that never feels good. We can't keep allowing that to happen because guys go out there and they work too hard and when they don't come out the way you prepared all week. We want to get things turned around, but at the same time it's football teams of grown men laughing at other grown men on the football field and that happened to us in the ballgame last week and it happens every time we play New England."

Read more http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Whitner-would-like-to-stop-all-the-laughter/8201481

ddaryl
09-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Donte, we are all waiting for the punchline

RockStar36
09-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Donte, stop sucking. Thanks.

Jan Reimers
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Here's how to stop the laughing. Make a big play or two. Please.

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 08:33 AM
the bills are the bad news bears except without a happy ending....ever.

whitner has gone from smack talker to cry baby. sweet.

what happened to the preseason talk of, "with jauron people came up to us and said 'we knew what you guys were running every play'?" seems like nothing has changed if the packers keep laughing.

stuckincincy
09-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Lil' Donte is going to blow a fuse when they play BAL. They yak all game long. :mbb:

Beebe's Kid
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM
They played this on WGR yesterday, and I was waiting for the Whitner bashing to begin.

I actually like that he did this. I have liked this sort of motivation for this team. I figured it may be effective.

Of course Whitner will get a bunch of "stfu" and we'll get to talk about Ngata, and all of the wonderful things that we get to rehash over and over every time somebody says Whitner.

Like him or not, the guy is a leader on a team where it seems like few step up. I think people forget how young he is, and that growing in his role is going to come with maturity. I don't like is Twitter activity, I think he should delete the account, but I do like that somebody on this team is going to bring up this point.

The problem is many fans are just piling on, too, so there will be a million posts saying why they are laughing...we all know why.

I think about what he said, and I realize how difficult it would be to say that, and how mad it must make these guys. The D is a problem to many posters...not to me. Just like last year, they haven't been able to get off of the field, and they have played admirably when they were out there. Green Bay started to spiral out of control after the turnovers and short field TD's, but they were held in check pretty well. Brandon Jackson was predicted to go crazy in fantasy, and was held pretty well. Rogers is good and is going to put up points, if we control the ball on offense, that is a different game.

I hope the team takes this and starts rallying around it. I am one of those crazy ****ers that would like to see them win.

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 08:42 AM
beebe's kid, the bills have zero talent. motivational speeches from whitner have failed time and time again. he is also not doing anything spectacular to inspire others.

They are going to get laughed at again. loudly...by the second quarter...the bills won't adjust. the team needed a lot of work this offseason, they did very little. We got maybe 3-5 players on a team that needs a new 53.

RockStar36
09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
They played this on WGR yesterday, and I was waiting for the Whitner bashing to begin.

I actually like that he did this. I have liked this sort of motivation for this team. I figured it may be effective.

Of course Whitner will get a bunch of "stfu" and we'll get to talk about Ngata, and all of the wonderful things that we get to rehash over and over every time somebody says Whitner.

Like him or not, the guy is a leader on a team where it seems like few step up. I think people forget how young he is, and that growing in his role is going to come with maturity. I don't like is Twitter activity, I think he should delete the account, but I do like that somebody on this team is going to bring up this point.

The problem is many fans are just piling on, too, so there will be a million posts saying why they are laughing...we all know why.

I think about what he said, and I realize how difficult it would be to say that, and how mad it must make these guys. The D is a problem to many posters...not to me. Just like last year, they haven't been able to get off of the field, and they have played admirably when they were out there. Green Bay started to spiral out of control after the turnovers and short field TD's, but they were held in check pretty well. Brandon Jackson was predicted to go crazy in fantasy, and was held pretty well. Rogers is good and is going to put up points, if we control the ball on offense, that is a different game.

I hope the team takes this and starts rallying around it. I am one of those crazy ****ers that would like to see them win.

"Where few step up"....

Uh, when has Whitner ever stepped up. The guy runs his mouth, gets burnt, makes a shoulder tackle 15 yards down the field, runs his mouth, and so on.

OpIv37
09-23-2010, 08:52 AM

First, this doesn't annoy me as much as the other things Donte says because he's coming from a position of weakness, rather than talking **** when both him and the team he's on suck.

But that being said, how exactly is Donte a "leader"? People keep saying that but the only example they come up with is letting McKelvin crash on his couch during McKelvin's rookie season. IMO that doesn't constitute leadership- I've personally had two friends from college, my wife's sister, my brother, and even my dad crashing with us at different times so they could find jobs in the area- where are my kudos for my leadership ability?

It's things like this that get repeated over and over again, and no one ever asks how or why they got started. So please, give me at least one concrete example of Donte being a leader- more if possible.

And we all want to see this team win. We just don't see how it's possible given the utter lack of talent they've displayed.

THRILLHO
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Donte, I like you, but you sound like you are crying: "Coooach! The other team is laughing at us!" Ofcourse they are laughing at our team, it is like they are playing a highschool squad.

Guess what, a lot of us are laughing too....

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Packers laughter: "hahahaha, they took YOU with the eighth...hahaha...pick. Oh boy that's hilarious.

New England laughter: "hahahaha, remember in your first game, you had a pick six and then the ref called some bs call and how you were never the same. hahahahaha"

Jet's laughter: "hahaha, we have a dink and dunker and it worked all the way to the AFC championship game. hahahaha"

Titans laughter: "Hahahah, look at our owner, he's giving you two more fingers than wins you'll have all season. hahahaha"

any others i'm missing?

SabreEleven
09-23-2010, 09:11 AM
If you don't like them laughing, do something to shut them up.

ChristopherWalken
09-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Not sure what Whitner is complaining about? The solution is quite simple - execute and win. This team talks so much trash about how hard they've worked and how this year they're better.....BS!

Actions speak louder than words!

RockStar36
09-23-2010, 09:16 AM
First, this doesn't annoy me as much as the other things Donte says because he's coming from a position of weakness, rather than talking **** when both him and the team he's on suck.

But that being said, how exactly is Donte a "leader"? People keep saying that but the only example they come up with is letting McKelvin crash on his couch during McKelvin's rookie season. IMO that doesn't constitute leadership- I've personally had two friends from college, my wife's sister, my brother, and even my dad crashing with us at different times so they could find jobs in the area- where are my kudos for my leadership ability?

It's things like this that get repeated over and over again, and no one ever asks how or why they got started. So please, give me at least one concrete example of Donte being a leader- more if possible.

And we all want to see this team win. We just don't see how it's possible given the utter lack of talent they've displayed.

I'll take the hit for this because I was one of the idiots who backed it at the time.

Maybe his leadership was taking the 15 yard penalty against the Raiders for tackling the guy in the end zone?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-23-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm actually tired of hearing this on bb.com but I have to do it.

"This is a tough game for tough people" Chan Gailey

Jan Reimers
09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Donte may be a leader in the lockerroom, and I think he gives maximum effort on the field. But his abilities don't match, and he is never able to back up his words with his actions on the field.

I don't hate him for this, because he wants very badly to be successful, and for the Bills to be successful. He just doesn't seem to have the talent to make it happen.

OpIv37
09-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Donte may be a leader in the lockerroom,

He may be, but I just want to know how people know that. Everyone says it but no one can point to a teammate or coach calling him a leader, or something he did that exemplifies leadership. He's not even a captain.

SabreEleven
09-23-2010, 09:31 AM
He's a leader.....on Twitter.

doomsdayvirus
09-23-2010, 09:32 AM
it doesn't sound like he's complaining about the laughter as much as he is using it to light a fire under the collective asses of his teammates.

the guy can't draft, can't trade, can't draw up training programs, or game plans, but he can try to motivate his team. that's what leaders do. so i applaud him for doing so...

even if it is futile.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
the bills suck, why wouldn't they be laughing at them? totally understandable.

stuckincincy
09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
it doesn't sound like he's complaining about the laughter as much as he is using it to light a fire under the collective asses of his teammates.

the guy can't draft, can't trade, can't draw up training programs, or game plans, but he can try to motivate his team. that's what leaders do. so i applaud him for doing so...

even if it is futile.

Entering his 5th season, he totals 1 sack, 12 passes defended, and 4 interceptions.

I guess that's because he's busy whacking a player already going down or rushing to a player already under tackle.

TacklingDummy
09-23-2010, 10:40 AM
The Baltimore Ravens laughed when they heard "with the 9th selection in the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select from Ohio State, Donte Whitner"

GreedoII
09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
There is nobody I loathe more than Whitner and Kelsey. I can't wait to see these two losers hit the bricks. I want Whitner to get lit up every week because all he's worth at this point is a good hearty laugh....

stuckincincy
09-23-2010, 10:56 AM
The Baltimore Ravens laughed when they heard "with the 9th selection in the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select from Ohio State, Donte Whitner"

Well, 8th. After saying no to Ngata, they sold off their #2 to grab McCargo, then purchased the services of Youboty and Ko Simpson.

Nice 5th rnd pick, though - Kyle Williams.

Lexwhat
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Although I can't say this with certainty, my guess is that he does not have the *film-room* work ethic of the Defensive superstars in this league.

Examples? Troy Polamalu. Ray Lewis. Patrick Willis.

I like watching other NFL games, and announcers always marvel over the amount of Film these guys watch. This helps "slow down" the game for them. Combine that with supreme physical ability, and you have Defensive players that are a force to reckon with, every single game.

Anyways, my point is that Whitner is a great athlete, and if he took the same initiative watching film (and also acted like a leader by forcing his teammates to join him), he could be a superstar in this league. Instead, Whitner can go invisible for games at a time.

An analogy? I am currently in med school, so most people here would be considered "intelligent." There's people who flunk out / have to repeat a year / fail the USMLE the first time, simply because they don't put in the time needed to be successful (maybe they spend too much time on Facebook... Sound familiar, Whitner?). Then there's the "Troy Polamalu's" of med school -- those students who work non-stop, everyday, and do well no matter how difficult an exam is.

I'm sorry to say that if Whitner doesn't have those habits now, he never will.

billz83
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA thas sum funny ****!! if i played against a team as pathetic as ours id be laughing too!! how could u not?! we average 178 yards of offense a ****** GAME! This team SUCKS and deserves every ounce of criticism and all the jokes..tell old man wilson to sell the team and stay his *** in detroit! and then maybe we wont be the butt of all jokes..until then get used to it.

justasportsfan
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Whitner should not worry about other teams laughing at them. He should worry about Bills fans laughing at their own team

Mr. Pink
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
"Where few step up"....

Uh, when has Whitner ever stepped up. The guy runs his mouth, gets burnt, makes a shoulder tackle 15 yards down the field, runs his mouth, and so on.

HEY!

He did tackle Johnnie Lee Higgins 7 yards deep in the endzone a couple years back against the Raiders.

X-Era
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
If Whitner wants people to stop laughing at him, he should quit looking like a clown.

Turf
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
At least without brainless and gutless at QB, we have a remote chance.

Billz_fan
09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Wahhh wahhh, coach they are laughing make em stop. Donte they are laughing because we suck. Someday we will have some real players and a real coach and then they will pay. Until then make a GD play once in awhile. When a ball hits you in the hands on the goal line and you have 98 yards of open space between you and a touchdown, catch the GD thing !!