PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the Bills' QB situation

RockStar36
09-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hilarious, yet depressing, at the same time.

With his team at a now-familiar 0-2 and ranked dead last in passing yards, on Monday Bills coach Chan Gailey -- following a time-honored tradition in Buffalo that dates back to 1997 -- yanked his starting quarterback Trent Edwards in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick, the 250th player taken in the 2005 draft, marking the fifth in-season QB change for the Bills in the past six seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/100923&sportCat=nfl

ChristopherWalken
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Barf

justasportsfan
09-23-2010, 12:24 PM
that was funny

trapezeus
09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
the only way this could hvae been funnier is if the micro machine fast talker guy read the whole thing in under 2 minutes.

that article should be pasted on the door of every bills employee, player and owner. PATHETIC followed by more Pathetic

stuckincincy
09-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Good article - it's as if he was describing a pinball machine with qbs as the balls, that constantly tilted.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Having no QB could be a good reason why this past decade has sucked.

OpIv37
09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
That gave me a headache. I'm not kidding- it literally caused me physical pain. But it's funny and extremely accurate.

RoscoeMagic
09-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I remember when we used to say, "Hey, we won 7 games, at least we're not the Lions!"

Now, not so much. Teams like the Cardinals are going, "Hey at least we're not the Bills!"

Extremebillsfan247
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM

Nothing that has happened to this point should really come off as a surprise. At least it doesn't to me. I mean, anyone with at least some sense knew coming into this season that this team wasn't exactly playoff contender ready any way. A rebuild year is not usually a good one. Sometimes teams get lucky but for most it ends in a pretty somber year.

This team has a lot of question marks that Gailey is in the process of figuring out. 10 years of losing football games means there is a big mess to clean up here. I'm going to use a Nixism here, The best thing Gailey can do is to sort of throw it against the wall and see who sticks. lol He essentially has all season long to find out if he has any real players on this team he can start to build with. This is just a starting point, not a finished product.

I wouldn't concern myself over who he pulls from a game, or who he decides to start over who, at least not yet. There is still a long way to go in this rebuilding process. We all know this teams franchise QB isn't here yet, and it wont be long before we see a completely different Bills team take that field on Sundays. Patience is something unfortunately that will have to be stretched here by everyone who follows this team. It's the reason they fired Jauron to begin with, to get better, and I think in time they will get there. I can wait. JMO..

billz83
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Just like most of us predicted we now have become the worst team in the league surpassing the likes of the cardinals, rams, raiders, lions, browns, chiefs, etc...ralph wilson is the most predictable owner in the history of sports..whatever it takes to lose is his M.O.

malo
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
funny i had a co-worked interrupt me several times when I was reading this. i told her i was reading a sentence. each time i told her i want to finish the sentence i was reading. kinda one of those you had to be there funny things that you probably don't think is funny at all.

Canadian'eh!
09-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Remember when we had Drew Bledsoe and our O was actually pretty good for a while but the D couldn't stop a team of Girl Guides from scoring?

craziness.

ServoBillieves
09-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I could've saved that guy some trouble on his article.

"Breaking down the Bills' QB situation:

They suck.

Written by HargroveforMVP"

adamprez
09-24-2010, 05:02 PM
That gave me a headache. I'm not kidding- it literally caused me physical pain. But it's funny and extremely accurate. you just nailed it. congrats though. You picked the perfect season to have a bad year. You have two legitimate once every five years prospects in Luck and Mallett that should be available next year. So long as you dont blow it and win five or six games you should finally get your long needed franchise QB. After that its simply building an offensive line so that that he doesnt become David Carr.