PDA

View Full Version : Should Nix be fired for ignoring the QB and OL this past offseason??

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 06:48 AM
In my opinion, it is inexcuseable that the QB and OL positions were virtually ignored this offseason. We can argue about what should have been done and who was available through he draft, free agency, trade or even the waiveer wire - but the fact remains Nix choose to do nothing which simply amazing. He has assued us of yet another season of misery with this gaffe.
Vote now!

Prov401
09-25-2010, 07:04 AM
We weren't getting Mcnabb.

The Eagles weren't letting go of Vick or Kolb.

Cambell is a hair better than Edwards.

Bradford was the only, I repeat, only QB worth taking in this year's draft. We weren't getting him.

So, as for QB, I stand by Nix hoping Gailey would turn noodle arm Edwards into a serviceable QB for 2010. And 2011's class is looking to be very, very strong, with us at the top of the draft.

As far as 'OL'... Our interior was our stregnth last year. Everybody wanted to trade for Brown/Gaithier, including myself, to man the LT spot. However, I'm still trying to figure out why people are complaining about Bell. He's played fairly well, and above my expecations for sure.

As for the RT spot. Nix seriously f***** up signing Green.

So, IMO, no... He shouldn't be fired Taylor.

malo
09-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Fired for ignoring ol, qb, wr, and te. Fired for ignoring offense entirely.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 07:13 AM
We weren't getting Mcnabb.

The Eagles weren't letting go of Vick or Kolb.

Cambell is a hair better than Edwards.

Bradford was the only, I repeat, only QB worth taking in this year's draft. We weren't getting him.

So, as for QB, I stand by Nix hoping Gailey would turn noodle arm Edwards into a serviceable QB for 2010. And 2011's class is looking to be very, very strong, with us at the top of the draft.

As far as 'OL'... Our interior was our stregnth last year. Everybody wanted to trade for Brown/Gaithier, including myself, to man the LT spot. However, I'm still trying to figure out why people are complaining about Bell. He's played fairly well, and above my expecations for sure.

As for the RT spot. Nix seriously f***** up signing Green.

So, IMO, no... He shouldn't be fired Taylor.

There were other options at QB. Clausen, who was expected to go in the first, fell into our laps in the 2nd and was worth the risk in taking.
Green is a joke.

Sorry, his lack of attention to our two biggest needs is inexcuseable. You don't plan on "next year's draft" to build a team. If nothing else you think boldy with a trade, free agent, etc.

I'm still questioning the Gailey selection, but am willing to give it time...however my patience is not endless and it would seem Nix has set up Gailey for failure by not addresssing the QB and OL.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Fired for ignoring ol, qb, wr, and te. Fired for ignoring offense entirely.

Don't forget, he did "address" our RB situation. LOL. The RB position was probably the one area we didn't need help. How pathetic.

SabreEleven
09-25-2010, 07:23 AM
This offense has sucked for so long, he wasn't going to be able to fix everything in one off season. It's going to take time.

malo
09-25-2010, 07:34 AM
This offense has sucked for so long, he wasn't going to be able to fix everything in one off season. It's going to take time.
True, but doing nothing will take even more time.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 07:36 AM
True, but doing nothing will take even more time.

Exactly.

Luisito23
09-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Chan blows!...We got worst, and still have the exact needs next draft. :censored:

better days
09-25-2010, 07:46 AM
There were other options at QB. Clausen, who was expected to go in the first, fell into our laps in the 2nd and was worth the risk in taking.
Green is a joke.

Sorry, his lack of attention to our two biggest needs is inexcuseable. You don't plan on "next year's draft" to build a team. If nothing else you think boldy with a trade, free agent, etc.

I'm still questioning the Gailey selection, but am willing to give it time...however my patience is not endless and it would seem Nix has set up Gailey for failure by not addresssing the QB and OL.

Clausen was expected to go in the 1st by Kiper. Shows how much he knows.

Nix & the Bills decided it was better to take a NT in the 2nd than gamble on Clausen. I agree with that myself.

Do you think the Bills would have won more games this year with Clausen at QB? Watch the Panthers Sunday for the answer to that question.

THRILLHO
09-25-2010, 07:48 AM
For your next stupid poll I suggest:
Should Chan Gailey be fired for losing the first two games?

Seriously, it is going to take time. They obviously have some sort of plan. Just because you dont know what it is right now means the guy should be fired? I cant even believe I am wasting my time discussing firing someone that hasnt been around long. Whats next? Want to release Spiller? He has been ignoring TDs since he got here.

dannyek71
09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Not fired just yet, but seriously negged. It beguiles me how he could have ignored the OL.

Luisito23
09-25-2010, 07:55 AM
They obviously have some sort of plan.

It amazing how some people still believe in this franchise...Right now the only way we're even competing is pure luck...Sorry if I don't get tired of waiting for that POS "plan" to come through.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2010, 07:55 AM
No.

I think the feeling was that we had three good, young, developing O-linemen in Wood, Levitre and Bell, a competent center in Hangartner, and at least a serviceable veteran in Green. While the FO missed on Green, the rest of the line is coming along, including Bell. We probably would have taken Okung if he had been available, but I don't think we had the other tackles rated that highly.

Similarly, I think Bradford was thought to be the only franchise QB, and the Clausens, Tebows and McCoys were thought to be too much of a reach.

THRILLHO
09-25-2010, 07:58 AM
It amazing how some people still believe in this franchise...Right now the only way we're even competing is pure luck...Sorry if I don't get tired of waiting for that POS "plan" to come through.

I dont believe in it. I just assume and hope it is there. It has to be. Right?

RIGHT!?!?!?!?

Beebe's Kid
09-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I would be damned if they didn't tell us this was going to take a little while...

Many posters have been sure to strike down anybody with a positive view of the Bills, quickly admonishing them for being positive about any kind of success, when we are rebuilding.

Now, a whole 2 games into the season...we have Troll Polls about firing Nix.

Have you ever watched Nix in a press conference? Take five minutes from starting new threads and watch, or god forbid, read something that he man has said.

I know you think you are on a roll...you think you sound like a polished vet, since you are regurgitating the usual negative bull****, at a rate rarely seen before. The problem in that the people that have been banned before you did the same thing. So the people that come here looking to have intelligent conversation about the team, get to see you present your stale, poorly constructed, uneducated arguments 243 time/day.

Should Nix be fired? What did you have for breakfast, paint chips?

Why don't we give him 4 games? That should be fair to judge him on, right? Actually if we give him an entire 4 games, then firing may not be harsh enough... a public stoning should suffice. He had better make some stupid, lopsided trade, with any team with a QB not named Brohm, Fitz, or Edwards, because you've had it, and you get Bills stuff for Xmas so you are tired of having you family spend their hard earned money on this team, for you to get no satisfaction.

OpIv37
09-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Obviously I'm not happy about our QB situation, but I have to give Nix a pass on that one. There just weren't any good options. McNabb had a no trade clause and didn't want to come here. There wasn't anyone who isn't washed up available in FA, and all the rookies still available when we drafted were big risks and probably wouldn't have helped much this season anyway (Tebow, Claussen).

That being said, my hope was he'd do something about the OL and/or WR, then we'd be ready for our new QB in the coming off-season. We could put someone back there and not get them killed. But not addressing OL or WR this off-season was an epic failure.

split71
09-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Let's see this poll in 2 years...not 2 games.

OpIv37
09-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I would be damned if they didn't tell us this was going to take a little while...

Many posters have been sure to strike down anybody with a positive view of the Bills, quickly admonishing them for being positive about any kind of success, when we are rebuilding.

Have you ever watched Nix in a press conference? Take five minutes from starting new threads and watch, or god forbid, read something that he man has said.

I know you think you are on a roll...you think you sound like a polished vet, since you are regurgitating the usual negative bull****, at a rate rarely seen before. The problem in that the people that have been banned before you did the same thing. So the people that come here looking to have intelligent conversation about the team, get to see you present your stale, poorly constructed, uneducated arguments 243 time/day.

Why don't we give him 4 games? That should be fair to judge him on, right? Actually if we give him an entire 4 games, then firing may not be harsh enough... a public stoning should suffice. He had better make some stupid, lopsided trade, with any team with a QB not named Brohm, Fitz, or Edwards, because you've had it, and you get Bills stuff for Xmas so you are tired of having you family spend their hard earned money on this team, for you to get no satisfaction.

Fired might be too strong an action, but criticism of Nix is absolutely not "the usual negative bull****." We had 5 major holes this off-season- QB, OT, 3-4 NT, WR, LB. We sufficiently filled NONE of them. For QB, we did nothing. For OT, we brought in the TERRIBLE Cornell Green. For NT, we brought in a 2nd round rookie who looks pretty average. For WR, we drafted a 4th round rookie (who's hurt, although that's not the FO's fault), and brought in a bunch of UDFA's. For LB, a couple more rookies and an aging vet in Davis who hasn't done much. Getting all of these positions in one off-season would be too much to ask. Getting NONE of them is simply inexcusable.

Yes, it's going to take a little while. But right now, we're better than last year at RB.... and RB (and so far, that RB improvement has only been on paper and not on the field).

Getting better at ONE position a year is more than "taking a little while." It's downright failure.

bigbub2352
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
u can add keeping kelsay and whitner and starting them

signing Cornell Green instead of ANYONE else

and not trading lynch for picks after drafting spiller...using those picks for a OLB or Oline or Dline man

Not bringing in any other vets to compete with our horrible TE's

Giving a contract EXT to a terrible FB when better options were out there

Not bringing in any TE's worth a damn

and allowing Gailey to hire no name coachs for his staff

malo
09-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I completely understand that a lot of time is needed to un**** this team.

But and a big but. Nix did NOTHING yet. He hasn't taken steps in the right direction. He's made the team worse. I have no confidence in Nix after he essentially took his first year off.

Remember too that Nix was with this org for 2 years. He's not brand new.

X-Era
09-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm not voting due to the lack of a viable "no" answer.

Look, This team is so bad it will take years to fix. That's the facts. So, he gets a few years before he should be judged.

I'm also willing to give him this season without a QB. I can understand that we wanted to see what we had in who we have. Would I have liked us to move up to get Bradford, yes. And I argued that. But, choosing to not do that and spend the picks elsewhere is also a sound move if you know your going to need years to get it right.

However, no one in the FO has any excuse for not seeing that QB is our number one need now. We will be picking high and if we dont get our franchise guy in this off-season, it will be a significant strike against him IMO. There is just no excuse anymore. I dont think its wise to wait yet another year due to the time it will take to develop one, and Gailey only has 3 years to turn it around.

No, Nix is on a short leash this off-season to put an answer into the QB question. Way to much is riding on this, he better not screw it up.

But, should he be fired yet? NO.

X-Era
09-25-2010, 08:49 AM
I completely understand that a lot of time is needed to un**** this team.

But and a big but. Nix did NOTHING yet. He hasn't taken steps in the right direction. He's made the team worse. I have no confidence in Nix after he essentially took his first year off.

Remember too that Nix was with this org for 2 years. He's not brand new.

I love the Spiller pick, but many of the rest of the picks I question. I hope they work out but I have reservations.

Billz_fan
09-25-2010, 09:06 AM
While I don't think he should or will be fired, I do not think the guy should have ever been hired. so I obstain from voting :D

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2010, 09:10 AM
There have been some dumb threads over here, but this one might just take the cake. I won't even bother reading the actual responses to this question.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2010, 09:27 AM
There have been some dumb threads over here, but this one might just take the cake. I won't even bother reading the actual responses to this question.
It kind of goes with all the other "After 2 games" threads, i.e., "Gailey is a horrible coach," "our draft was terrible," "Troup is a bust," etc., etc.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Next year at this time you can have more of a basis of to fire Nix or Gailey...

If we draft another RB in Rd 1, then Nix should absolutely be fired.

If this horrendous team we've seen the past two weeks looks the same next year at this time, then Gailey should absolutely be fired.

This is assuming there is football next year.

JCBills
09-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Wait, this is a serious thread?

Fire someone for not taking a major risk in their first season of a multi-year rebuild? We're not the Jets, we won't trade away 27 picks to make a splash.

JCBills
09-25-2010, 10:43 AM
In my opinion, it is inexcuseable that the QB and OL positions were virtually ignored this offseason. We can argue about what should have been done and who was available through he draft, free agency, trade or even the waiveer wire - but the fact remains Nix choose to do nothing which simply amazing. He has assued us of yet another season of misery with this gaffe.
Vote now!

Oh wise one, grace us with your fountain of knowledge and map out how a GM should operate, drawing from your own experience.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Clausen was expected to go in the 1st by Kiper. Shows how much he knows.

Nix & the Bills decided it was better to take a NT in the 2nd than gamble on Clausen. I agree with that myself.

Do you think the Bills would have won more games this year with Clausen at QB? Watch the Panthers Sunday for the answer to that question.

Could we have looked any worse with Clausen? You look for upgrades 24/7. You do not sit on your hands. Anyhows, Clausen was not the only option - free agency, trade, or even a pickup off the waiver wire would have been as good as what we have. We already knew that Edwards sucked eggs. Denying the obvious is foolhearty.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I love the Spiller pick, but many of the rest of the picks I question. I hope they work out but I have reservations.

Spiller should end up being great. But why would you "love" burning a # 1 on a position we already were solid at?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Oh wise one, grace us with your fountain of knowledge and map out how a GM should operate, drawing from your own experience.

Oh smart alec one, try to see the forest through all those trees. LOL.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Wait, this is a serious thread?

Fire someone for not taking a major risk in their first season of a multi-year rebuild? We're not the Jets, we won't trade away 27 picks to make a splash.

Wait, this is a serious response?

Stick our heads in the sand and do nothing to fill our two biggest needs. Jets were one game away from the Super Bowl last season all knowing one, how close did we get? Better yet, are we an improved team over last season's mediocre team? The answer is obvious. Again, open your eyes and see if you can pick out the forest through all those trees.
Nix gaffed big time in doing nothing in improving the QB and OL. Fact.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:57 AM

"Dumb thread"? How so? No reason for insults pal. Looks like over half the members of the board agree with me thus far.

You guys who rally around every move Nix makes baffle me. Sheesh.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 11:00 AM
For your next stupid poll I suggest:
Should Chan Gailey be fired for losing the first two games?

Seriously, it is going to take time. They obviously have some sort of plan. Just because you dont know what it is right now means the guy should be fired? I cant even believe I am wasting my time discussing firing someone that hasnt been around long. Whats next? Want to release Spiller? He has been ignoring TDs since he got here.

Amazing how some around here get mighty insulting with anything challenging our status quo. So what's the obvious "plan" guy? To continue to burn # 1 picks on RB's and ignore filling our biggest needs??? LOL.
Get real. I can't even believe I'm wasting my time responding to someone has a whopping 400 posts under his belt. LOL.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 11:01 AM

Well said.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 11:11 AM

LOL. How some of you are so quick to defend our FO on every "great" move they make is a hoot. This is no "troll poll" pal, to state otherwise is nothing more than a personal attack. You may think things are just swell at OBD and all their decisions are fantastic. You may be willing to wait years and years until we draft a bunch of furture all pro types and hire the next Vince Lombardi. Many of us are sick of the status quo and and actually remember our glory years. Sorry, Nix is now in his second year and we look worse this year then we did next year. Sure its early, but most around here only see us winning about 3 games. That may be aok with you, but is unacceptable to many of us.
Knock off the insults. We can agree to disagree in a respectful manner. Unreal.

malo
09-25-2010, 11:51 AM
This "give him time" stance will bite you all in the ass. 3 years from now, you'll be saying the new GM will need time to fix Buddy Nix's mess. And 6 years from now... you get the point.

I'd be perfectly fine if we were 0-2 at this point, IF Nix did anything to upgrade the team this offseason. He did NOTHING!!!! Nada. Zilch. He actually made the team worse (WR ). ignored important needs (OL & TE). If he busted his ass to at least get the re-building underway, I'd be patient. If he at least filled one hole, or even tried, I'd be patient.

Sorry, but Buddy Nix is more of the same.

G Wolly
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
He's coached 2 regular season games.

And half of you people are already calling him out for not making moves in his first offseason?

JCBills
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Wait, this is a serious response?

Stick our heads in the sand and do nothing to fill our two biggest needs. Jets were one game away from the Super Bowl last season all knowing one, how close did we get? Better yet, are we an improved team over last season's mediocre team? The answer is obvious. Again, open your eyes and see if you can pick out the forest through all those trees.
Nix gaffed big time in doing nothing in improving the QB and OL. Fact.

Sorry bub but until you take the blinders off I'd just be wasting my time.

Pinkerton Security
09-25-2010, 12:01 PM
this thread is idiotic...

ZEUS
09-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Vote now!

This is a pretty stupid poll. They wanted Tebow, but when he got snagged by Denver there was no other QB worth taking high. Better to go with what we had and see what the future has.

I think there should be no mare talk of going back to those rediculous looking old helemts and uniforms. Period, end of discussion.

YardRat
09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
QB-status quo
LT, RT-Cornell Green, Wang
TE-status quo
WR-Jackson, Easley, Nelson

QB gets a pass, considering who was available to us in FA and I'm more than OK with passing on any in the draft because we weren't going to get Bradford without a king's ransom.

LT, RT-Green is looking like a huge mistake, and Wang was a mid-round pick. Out of any position on the offense to be most critical of for me, this is it. Don't know what they tried and couldn't pull off, but I'd feel a lot better if we picked up a legit LT and had Bell on the right side.

TE-Nelson being a dumb-ass didn't help any, but again it would've been nice if we could've acquired a strong blocker.

WR-Jackson had a shot, Nelson is going to be a steal, and if Easley recovers OK he could be also.

NT-Troup
DE-Carrington, Edwards
LB-Davis, Torbor, Ayodole, Moats, Batten

I like the Troup pick...I was on his Bandwagon early. Carrington and Edwards were nice pick-ups. The LBers are at least serviceable to fit the new system, but we really need a stud both inside and outside.

Really, if one shares the philosophy that you build from the trenches out and win with defense, Nix and Co. focused on the most important positions pretty well, except for offensive tackle.

I'm good with that for the first season.

malo
09-25-2010, 12:11 PM
He's coached 2 regular season games.

And half of you people are already calling him out for not making moves in his first offseason?

nix is the gm, not coach

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2010, 12:16 PM
"Dumb thread"? How so? No reason for insults pal. Looks like over half the members of the board agree with me thus far.

You guys who rally around every move Nix makes baffle me. Sheesh.

I attacked the post, not the poster.

Who is "rallying around Nix's moves" I think this is a stupid thread because you are calling out a GM because he didn't get a QB or OL? I am one who really wanted Claussen in that second round slot, but it didn't happen, get over it. I have no choice but to see what this guy will do in the future because no matter how many times you hope it or wish it, the guy is not getting fired as long as Ralph is alive or the team doesn't make the playoffs in another 5 years. I will call out all of the idiots who thought this was a playoff team when this guy took over. I also call out the idiots that think if Nix would have drafted a QB or an OL that this team would be much better than it is.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I attacked the post, not the poster.

Who is "rallying around Nix's moves" I think this is a stupid thread because you are calling out a GM because he didn't get a QB or OL? I am one who really wanted Claussen in that second round slot, but it didn't happen, get over it. I have no choice but to see what this guy will do in the future because no matter how many times you hope it or wish it, the guy is not getting fired as long as Ralph is alive or the team doesn't make the playoffs in another 5 years. I will call out all of the idiots who thought this was a playoff team when this guy took over. I also call out the idiots that think if Nix would have drafted a QB or an OL that this team would be much better than it is.

BS, you attacked yours truly in my original post and did it again in your reply above. No big deal, but at least be honest about it please.

It was idiotic to ignore the biggest gaping hole this team has on the roster. Some of you guys are maddening to debate with as you do nothing but tote the company line and attack those who challenge the status quo.
Why you wouldnt be ticked off when Clausen fell into our laps in the 2nd, when he was slated to go in the first is beyond me. Keep waiving the pom poms guy, and I will keep calling them like I see them.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 12:24 PM
this thread is idiotic...

Gee, thanks for your profound thoughts. Are all 4000 plus posts of yours this enlightening to read? LOL.

Go Bills!

G Wolly
09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
nix is the gm, not coach
My bad. Majority of threads on here are calling out Chan already, I misread somewhere I guess.

:peace:

Dujek
09-25-2010, 12:32 PM
BS, you attacked yours truly and the post and did it again on your reply above.

It was idiotic to ignore the biggest gaping hole this team has on the roster. Some of you guys are maddening to debate with as you do nothing but tote the company line and attack those who challenge the status quo.
Why you wouldnt be ticked off when Clausen fell into our laps in the 2nd, when he was slated to go in the first is beyond me. Keep waiving the pom poms guy, and I will keep calling them like I see them.

Clausen couldn't throw the length of himself if the wind got up in RWS.

There is a middle ground between toeing the company line and screaming "Fire the coach" or "Fire the GM" 2 games into their first season. You fall into the trap of blaming the current coach and GM for the decade of **** that has gone before, while I see a team that has switched defensive formations, and therefore spent more of the draft and offseason on trying to find people to fit the new scheme rather than over-paying or reaching on QBs who either weren't worth the effort (everyone available not called McNabb) or wouldn't come here (McNabb).

In an ideal situation we would have upgraded our OT position, but Bell has looked solid this year, and while Cornell Green has sucked balls we can only hope that when Bell is fully fit Meredith will move to RT and Green will spend most of his time on the bench.

As far as calling it like you see it, well it's not your fault you're so short sighted.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2010, 12:34 PM
BS, you attacked yours truly in my original post and did it again in your reply above. No big deal, but at least be honest about it please.

Please o'wise one, explain to me where I attacked you personally in my first post:

Why am I arguing, this thread isn't getting any better, even with me trying to make it better.

X-Era
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Spiller should end up being great. But why would you "love" burning a # 1 on a position we already were solid at?

Because I like taking the best player available and thats, IMO, what we did.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM

So next year, when Mark Ingram is BPA, should we take him too?

Just because a guy is BPA doesn't mean you should always take him.

I disagree with Spiller was BPA but that's besides the point.

better days
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM

OK then, who was BPA at #9 if not Spiller?

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2010, 07:48 PM
worst thread ever

Discotrish
09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Seems like they've ignored the offensive line for a decade, at least.

:2cents:

Patti

X-Era
09-25-2010, 08:41 PM

I highly doubt Ingram is the BPA available that fits a need when we pick very high next year. I think we have enough holes on the DL, and at QB where we could easily pick either over Mark Ingram and have it be a smart pick.

tampabay25690
09-25-2010, 08:43 PM
I highly doubt Ingram is the BPA available that fits a need when we pick very high next year. I think we have enough holes on the DL, and at QB where we could easily pick either over Mark Ingram and have it be a smart pick.

Richardson may be the best RB on that team NFL ready anyway...
Both backs will be 1st round picks....
X-Era you are right though BPA will not be a back......

X-Era
09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Richardson may be the best RB on that team NFL ready anyway...
Both backs will be 1st round picks....
X-Era you are right though BPA will not be a back......

I'm waiting for someone to call me out on why not a LT. Honestly I dont see none worthy of a top 10 pick at this point.

Yet, at DL, and QB I can see a few that are... I consider both to be needs, DE more than DT, but QB the number 1 priority.

Its a matter of looking at who seems worthy of the top 10 or 5, and what positions are our biggest needs. And at that point, we are very likely to have players sitting there that can fit needs and be worthy of the pick, IMO.

tampabay25690
09-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm waiting for someone to call me out on why not a LT. Honestly I dont see none worthy of a top 10 pick at this point.

Yet, at DL, and QB I can see a few that are... I consider both to be needs, DE more than DT, but QB the number 1 priority.

Its a matter of looking at who seems worthy of the top 10 or 5, and what positions are our biggest needs. And at that point, we are very likely to have players sitting there that can fit needs and be worthy of the pick, IMO.

I dont see a OT at all in the top 20 or even farther..........
QB is by far the biggest need on this team and maybe a TE, WR........
THE O has to be the priority going into next year.......OH WAIT we will probably not even see the NFL next year anyway.....

QB has to be the 1st pick though

feldspar
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Nix should be fired after two games into his first year, after trying to pick up the pieces of a disaster of a team. Make the wrong move, especially at QB, and it sets your team back YEARS. Reach for a player in the draft, and matters get worse. This is a work in progress, and it's going to take a while. Don't hand me the "this is inexcusable" garbage. The things that were inexcusable got us to this point in the first place, and those people are gone, for the most part.

Nobody was going to fix this team this year. Nobody.

X-Era
09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, Nix should be fired after two games into his first year, after trying to pick up the pieces of a disaster of a team. Make the wrong move, especially at QB, and it sets your team back YEARS. Reach for a player in the draft, and matters get worse. This is a work in progress, and it's going to take a while. Don't hand me the "this is inexcusable" garbage. The things that were inexcusable got us to this point in the first place, and those people are gone, for the most part.

However, this team will be hunting for a face for this franchise at QB and its likely to come through the draft. And, that makes this a very critical year for us in the draft.

If Nix picks the wrong guy, we may be screwed for many more years to come. I hope he gets it right.

tampabay25690
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
And we wonder why no other coach wanted to come here....

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 09:34 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Using your logic, we could end up with 11 RBs in 11 years, all number one picks and all "the best player available". LOL.

tampabay25690
09-25-2010, 09:37 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Using your logic, we could end up with 11 RBs in 11 years, all number one picks and all "the best player available". LOL.

We will not draft a RB in this upcoming draft....

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 09:37 PM

Okay, so I'll put you down as one of those guys who think Buddy's doing a great job. Thanks for your thoughts.

tampabay25690
09-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Okay, so I'll put you down as one of those guys who think Buddy's doing a great job. Thanks for your thoughts.

I will be honest i think he is sitting back as well........
I have no idea what they think at OBD sometimes....

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Sorry Nix fans, thus far by a margin of 17-14 most board members agree with yours truly that Nix's ignoring the QB and OL position this offseason was inexcuseable.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I will be honest i think he is sitting back as well........
I have no idea what they think at OBD sometimes....

I hear you brother. Nuts isnt it??

X-Era
09-25-2010, 10:04 PM

You assume the BPA is always a RB. Id be surprised if thats the case even the majority of the time. I think it would be in fact highly unlikely for the BPA at the Bills pick to be a RB more than two years in a row. For example, I cant see it being likely at all this year when we pick top 10... probably 5.

X-Era
09-25-2010, 10:07 PM

I only think your take is one or two years too early. I dont think its fair, or even right to say this after year one.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:07 PM
You assume the BPA is always a RB. Id be surprised if thats the case even the majority of the time. I think it would be in fact highly unlikely for the BPA at the Bills pick to be a RB more than two years in a row. For example, I cant see it being likely at all this year when we pick top 10... probably 5.

You are making assumptions as well my friend. Bottom line is you feel that you should acquire the best talented player as opposed to filling your biggest roster needs. I respectfully disagree.

Do you use the same logic when it comes to going after free agents?

X-Era
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
You are making assumptions as well my friend. Bottom line is you feel that you should acquire the best talented player as opposed to filling your biggest roster needs. I respectfully disagree.

Do you use the same logic when it comes to going after free agents?
IN this argument it may seem that way, but in fact thats not how I think at all. I think our draft should go like this:

1) BPA at a top need
2) BPA at any need
3) BPA

In that order.

A quick search of my posts will show I want a QB first and foremost. But, I dont want us to reach at any pick regardless of what we need. Especially when it will likely take 3 years and 3 drafts.

To me, Spiller was rated higher than the place where we picked him and, I can see an argument that there wants anyone at QB or OT worthy of that pick when we picked.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM
IN this argument it may seem that way, but in fact thats not how I think at all. I think our draft should go like this:

1) BPA at a top need
2) BPA at any need
3) BPA

In that order.

A quick search of my posts will show I want a QB first and foremost. But, I dont want us to reach at any pick regardless of what we need. Especially when it will likely take 3 years and 3 drafts.

To me, Spiller was rated higher than the place where we picked him and, I can see an argument that there wants anyone at QB or OT worthy of that pick when we picked.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2010, 12:12 AM
can i put you down as an ignorant fan? buddy is not a genie in a bottle. he is not capable of snapping his fingers and magically fixing this team in one year. this thread sucks my turds.

edit: how has drafting for need helped us this past tens years? it made us the ****ty team we are today.

Dujek
09-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Sorry Nix fans, thus far by a margin of 17-14 most board members agree with yours truly that Nix's ignoring the QB and OL position this offseason was inexcuseable.

No, the majority of people who disagree with you have refused to answer the question because of the way you loaded it.

Now **** off and troll some other board.

Dujek
09-26-2010, 04:20 AM
can i put you down as an ignorant fan? buddy is not a genie in a bottle. he is not capable of snapping his fingers and magically fixing this team in one year. this thread sucks my turds.

edit: how has drafting for need helped us this past tens years? it made us the ****ty team we are today.

I can't believe that I'm in complete agreement with you. Just goes to show how annoying these trolls are.

YardRat
09-26-2010, 06:24 AM

The choices were limited and very poorly worded.

Throw up a third, like "It would've been nice to fix QB and OL this off-season, but this team is so broken it's going to take more than one year to address all of the needs" and the results would be much different.

It's currently 17-17, BTW.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 06:51 AM
No, the majority of people who disagree with you have refused to answer the question because of the way you loaded it.

Now **** off and troll some other board.

The results speak for themselves pal. Sad that a handful of you guys resort to namecalling and insults when others simply state their opinion regarding our team and/or ask for the opinions of others. I believe namecalling is a violation of forum rules. While I have mighty thick skin, the rules apply to everyone, even those who have thousands upon thousands of posts. If you want to disagree, try doing so in a respectful manner please.

Oh and for the record, I have been a Bills fan for probably longer than you've been born.

Nix was foolish to ignore our two biggest holes this offseason.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 06:57 AM

No reason for the insults please. Your point is valid. We have sucked eggs in drafting over the past 10 years. A capable front office would cure our drafting woes, along with fill our roster needs through trades and free agency. Nix blew it this offseason big time, which is the point of my poll.

I'm new around here, been a lifelong fan. I'm not going to excuse away or wave pom poms at bonehead moves made by OBD. If that ruffles the feathers with some around here, so be it.

Regardless, Go Bills!

better days
09-26-2010, 08:15 AM
No reason for the insults please. Your point is valid. We have sucked eggs in drafting over the past 10 years. A capable front office would cure our drafting woes, along with fill our roster needs through trades and free agency. Nix blew it this offseason big time, which is the point of my poll.

I'm new around here, been a lifelong fan. I'm not going to excuse away or wave pom poms at bonehead moves made by OBD. If that ruffles the feathers with some around here, so be it.

Regardless, Go Bills!

Well, I for one totally disagree with your premise. Nix had a very good draft. He drafted a number of players that will help this team for years to come.

The plan this year was fix the defense first because of the switch to the 3-4 players were needed to play in that rather than the 4-3. That is the reason for Troup rather than gamble on Clausen. Nix also got a few solid FA players that can play the 3-4.

Nix & Chan both have said it would take more than a year to fix this mess, so to call for their firing after playing two games against two very good teams is just ignorant IMO.

X-Era
09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Oh and for the record, I have been a Bills fan for probably longer than you've been born.

How long is that? Like 8 hours? maybe 20 hours for someone with a long labor?

X-Era
09-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Well, I for one totally disagree with your premise. Nix had a very good draft. He drafted a number of players that will help this team for years to come.

The plan this year was fix the defense first because of the switch to the 3-4 players were needed to play in that rather than the 4-3. That is the reason for Troup rather than gamble on Clausen. Nix also got a few solid FA players that can play the 3-4.

Nix & Chan both have said it would take more than a year to fix this mess, so to call for their firing after playing two games against two very good teams is just ignorant IMO.

I agree.

Dujek
09-26-2010, 08:56 AM
The results speak for themselves pal. Sad that a handful of you guys resort to namecalling and insults when others simply state their opinion regarding our team and/or ask for the opinions of others. I believe namecalling is a violation of forum rules. While I have mighty thick skin, the rules apply to everyone, even those who have thousands upon thousands of posts. If you want to disagree, try doing so in a respectful manner please.

Nix was foolish to ignore our two biggest holes this offseason.

I didn't call you a name at any time. I simply said you were trolling. Which you are.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 08:56 AM
How long is that? Like 8 hours? maybe 20 hours for someone with a long labor?

Going back to the Joe Ferguson years. Long enough? How about you?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I didn't call you a name at any time. I simply said you were trolling. Which you are.

Far from it pal. Your personal attack is as much unfortunate as it is inaccurate. Pathetic.

Dujek
09-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Far from it pal. You personal attack is as much unfortunate as it is inaccurate. Pathetic.

No, I'm reasonably certain I hit the nail on the head.

You posted a poll with one answer that was your point of view and another that was pretty much insulting to anyone who would pick it, and every other thread you have started has been basically an effort to pick a fight. That is the exact definition of a troll.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 09:12 AM

You posted a poll with one answer that was your point of view and another that was pretty much insulting to anyone who would pick it, and every other thread you have started has been basically an effort to pick a fight. That is the exact definition of a troll.

Actually you are way off the mark. Attacking the messenger mentality is in affect for the likes of you. I supposed you justify your pompous "all knowing" stance given the 6000 plus posts under your belt. Good for you. LOL.
:bs:

YardRat
09-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Going back to the Joe Ferguson years. Long enough? How about you?

Oh hell, you're still a puppy, especially if it was the latter part of his career.

Try Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh, or Jack Kemp on for size.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh hell, you're still a puppy, especially if it was the latter part of his career.

Try Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh, or Jack Kemp on for size.

LOL. I only wish I was a puppy! I was a youngster during Kemp's final years, but do remember all of the Ferguson era.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Vote now!
In my opinion, it is inexcusable for a fanbase to be so ignorant of the circumstances at hand as to rush into a judgment that isn't theirs to make in the first place. Some people need to grow up.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Regardless, Go Bills!

ignorant means being without knowledge. which, you most certainly are.

Bangarang
09-26-2010, 11:53 AM
And with the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Mark Ingram....

AndreReed83
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Nope. We weren't a fix or two away from a playoff spot. Absolutely sucking this year and getting the top draft spot will help a lot more than signing a stopgap QB that managed to lead us to 4 or 5 or 6 victories so we can have the 10th pick again.

I actually applaud the Bills a bit here. They've needed to start a rebuild for at least 4 years now. But every year they try some measure to make the team better and instead it stunts the team's growth. This year they finally got it right.

CoolBreeze
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM

That's exactly right.. I wouldn't vote on that poll simply because how it was worded. Nix should not be fired... This team is a mess, and it takes more than a few weeks to fix it. A group of rookies aren't going to change it in 1 year. I am convinced that this team will be noticeably better later, rather than sooner, but that is what rebuilding is.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
And with the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Mark Ingram....

:lol: :roflmao: Thanks for the hearty chuckle my friend.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
:lol: :roflmao: Thanks for the hearty chuckle my friend.lol hey, I wouldn't put it past Nix about drafting Ingram. If Lynch or Jackson are off the team before the draft, as sad of a scenario as that sounds, the Bills could end up drafting RB again. Nothing surprises me with this team anymore.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-27-2010, 06:48 AM
lol hey, I wouldn't put it past Nix about drafting Ingram. If Lynch or Jackson are off the team before the draft, as sad of a scenario as that sounds, the Bills could end up drafting RB again. Nothing surprises me with this team anymore.

Would that not be a crock of dung or what??! :cuss: :roflmao:

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Would that not be a crock of dung or what??! :cuss: :roflmao: It just brings to life a very interesting question here, are you all sure you want them trading Lynch? lol

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-27-2010, 07:40 AM
It just brings to life a very interesting question here, are you all sure you want them trading Lynch? lol

Something to consider...

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Edwards now being jettisoned is yet further proof that Nix gaffed big time when ignoring the QB and OL this offseason.

Nighthawk
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, but Nix is about to lock up a great defensive player in Kelsay!

BertSquirtgum
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
get your thumb out of your ass. this is his first year. i can't believe the stupidity of some fans. you've supposedly been a fan for so long you should know that ralph and marv picked trent. i would bet all of the money in my checking account that ralph was forcing trent down chans throat. ralph old stupid and arrogant and i'm sure he didn't want to admit his mistake. trents first two putrid performances was enough ammo to convince the senile old man that trent is useless.

edit: i do not know what nix was thinking with the kelsay move though.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-27-2010, 09:04 PM
get your thumb out of your ass. this is his first year. i can't believe the stupidity of some fans. you've supposedly been a fan for so long you should know that ralph and marv picked trent. i would bet all of the money in my checking account that ralph was forcing trent down chans throat. ralph old stupid and arrogant and i'm sure he didn't want to admit his mistake. trents first two putrid performances was enough ammo to convince the senile old man that trent is useless.

edit: i do not know what nix was thinking with the kelsay move though.

Cease the crude language, I find it offensive.
I don't give a rat's a$$ who brought Trent in, Gailey and Nix would have to have been blind to not realize this cat was garbage. Still Nix did nothing and ignored the OL as well. Not sure why it took Gailey until today to dump Trent. Wasted an entire training camp and lost 2 games before he woke up and realized he was garbage??!

Oh yeah, Nix made another "brilliant" move with Kelsay. LOL

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Obviously I'm not happy about our QB situation, but I have to give Nix a pass on that one. There just weren't any good options. McNabb had a no trade clause and didn't want to come here. There wasn't anyone who isn't washed up available in FA, and all the rookies still available when we drafted were big risks and probably wouldn't have helped much this season anyway (Tebow, Claussen).

That being said, my hope was he'd do something about the OL and/or WR, then we'd be ready for our new QB in the coming off-season. We could put someone back there and not get them killed. But not addressing OL or WR this off-season was an epic failure.

Actually, had Gailey not pulled the trigger so fast on Easley, we might have seen a good young talent opposite Evans from time to time. David Nelson has promise too, but as a young receiver, production doesn't always come immediately. Sure, some contribute quickly, but many more are like Moulds who take a bit of seasoning to really blossom.

WR might not be a problem with these guys down the road. Addressing the Offensive Tackles is again something they would have loved to have done, but the top rated ones were gone. Those left aren't faring too well yet.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Actually, had Gailey not pulled the trigger so fast on Easley, we might have seen a good young talent opposite Evans from time to time. David Nelson has promise too, but as a young receiver, production doesn't always come immediately. Sure, some contribute quickly, but many more are like Moulds who take a bit of seasoning to really blossom.

WR might not be a problem with these guys down the road. Addressing the Offensive Tackles is again something they would have loved to have done, but the top rated ones were gone. Those left aren't faring too well yet.

Time will tell if the moves made pan it. Too many gaping holes, with the QB and OL the biggest. Nix choose to do nothing to address. Inexcuseable.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Time will tell if the moves made pan it. Too many gaping holes, with the QB and OL the biggest. Nix choose to do nothing to address. Inexcuseable.

Didn't you get the memo?

Brian Brohm is the answer!

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Didn't you get the memo?

Brian Brohm is the answer!

:banghead: :crap:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Let's see where sentiment now stands after yet another debacle today.

malo
10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Nix is a POS. Southern boy is in over his head.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Nix is a POS. Southern boy is in over his head.

At this juncture, I agree. My grace period for Gailey is officially over.