PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe they're not moving Lynch now

Mr. Miyagi
09-25-2010, 08:59 AM
They're rather let him walk at the end of the season than stock piling draft picks. Get a 3rd for him is better than zero. It's not like we're going to the playoffs this season so why not count this as a off year and cut your losses for the future.

****** idiots. God I HATE being a Bills fan.

malo
09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
We need the depth at rb. An injury can hurt our playoff chances down the stretch. :rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
09-25-2010, 09:05 AM
We need the depth at rb. An injury can hurt our playoff chances down the stretch. :rolleyes:
Now you're getting the spirit!

Billz_fan
09-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Yep, he will walk and they will claim they tried to move him. The part they won't tell you is they asked an insane price.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Fred Jackson will be 30 in February, and it's still to be determined whether Spiller can be an every down RB in this league. Joique Bell is with the Eagles and our only PS RB is Andre Anderson.

We need to get a fairly high pick for Lynch before we destroy our depth at one of the few positions where we actually have some depth.

Thundering Buffalo
09-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I think Nix feels as the season goes on and teams start to position themselves the value of Lynch will go up when your desperate. The problem is if Lynch gets hurt we're screwed. I think he's gone by the 6-8th game

Joe Fo Sho
09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I think Nix feels as the season goes on and teams start to position themselves the value of Lynch will go up when your desperate. The problem is if Lynch gets hurt we're screwed. I think he's gone by the 6-8th game

Trade deadline is week 6

JCBills
09-25-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't get why so many people want to move Lynch.

He's 24, shown he's durable, and has a pair of 1,000 yd seasons under his belt. Pound for pound, nobody runs as hard as Lynch. He's only a year older than Spiller.

This is a two back league, with some teams able to effectively use 3. Like people have said, Fred is almost 30, and we don't know what will happen when he hits that. Why get rid of the chance to have the best young RB duo in the league? They'll complement each others style and could be good for us for a long time if the situation is handled properly.

Mr. Miyagi
09-25-2010, 09:55 AM
They trade Jackson for all I care, but Jackson's value is higher to us (he can play) than the rest of the league will pay us for (he's old). That's why trading Lynch makes the most sense because we can get more for him.

Dujek
09-25-2010, 09:59 AM
When Lynch has his head properly in the game he is one of the best power runners in the league. If the Bills can find a way to keep him and use him with Spiller as a Thunder and Lightning combination then I'm all for not trading him. If they're not going to try and keep him though they should trade him soon.

JCBills
09-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Made these years ago, but here's a reminder of what Beast Mode looks like when at full speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6x_CpOfyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg&feature=related

mikemac2001
09-25-2010, 10:17 AM
They're rather let him walk at the end of the season than stock piling draft picks. Get a 3rd for him is better than zero. It's not like we're going to the playoffs this season so why not count this as a off year and cut your losses for the future.

i thought he had 2 years left am i wrong?

mikemac2001
09-25-2010, 10:18 AM

7/27/2007: Signed a six-year, $18.935 million contract. The deal contains $10.285 million guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus. 2010: $885,000, 2011: $1.14 million, 2012: $1.14 million (Voidable Year), 2013: Free Agent

sick of spazzing ass people get your facts right and then talk, he is signed until 2012

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=4186

Buffalo Thriller
09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Play off? wow dude get your ass out of your cave and wake up..

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Shoulda been traded during the offseason.

JCBills
09-25-2010, 10:37 AM
i thought he had 2 years left am i wrong?

Yeah I was gona say...

Some places have his contract listed as 5 years but rotoworld is usually right.

mikemac2001
09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah I was gona say...

Some places have his contract listed as 5 years but rotoworld is usually right.

it was what i found but i knew for fact we had another year after this. so trading him and walking isn't a possibility which makes this post idiotic

better days
09-25-2010, 10:46 AM
it was what i found but i knew for fact we had another year after this. so trading him and walking isn't a possibility which makes this post idiotic

Even if he were to leave in FA, the Bills would get a 3rd rnd comp pick, so it is STUPID to trade him for less than a 2nd.

madness
09-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Let's package him with McKelvin. I'm positive we can get a couple mediocre starters in return.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 11:16 AM

The "great" Nix gaffes yet again. LOL :zonelunch

Relax friend, Nix will simply burn our # 1 next season on yet another RB. What a dope he is turning out to be...

Beebe's Kid
09-25-2010, 01:57 PM
The "great" Nix gaffes yet again. LOL :zonelunch

Relax friend, Nix will simply burn our # 1 next season on yet another RB. What a dope he is turning out to be...

Tell me about it... How many years are we going to let Buddy Nix keep driving this franchise into the ground?

I'll type it a little bigger, since you guys must have missed it the first time...

Lynch is not a free agent at the end of the year. He is signed through the end of 2012. The trade deadline is week 6.

While Nix has undoubtedly let us down...he has a "big-boy" job to do. "Big-boy" jobs are what you get in the real world. He can't just turn on the Playstation and trade Lynch for whoever/whatever he wants. He needs a partner to trade with, and the the trade has to be viewed as a good value.

Lynch is a real RB, despite what ever little hard-on you have for him. This, boys, is what we call VALUE. When you are trading in the NFL, you would like to trade VALUE for VALUE.

Hold on to your hats, because this next part is really hard to follow. You may even like to get a little leg up on the competition. How would you do this, you may ask? Well, fellas, it's called SUPPLY AND DEMAND. If there is a limited supply, the demand will be greater.

How would this fancy SUPPLY AND DEMAND work in football, you may ask, I doubt it, you are probably all agreeing with each other about your incorrect, although very definitive, but still incorrect statements above... See, in football, when you have more than one player at a position, it is called depth. When you have a player get injured, you no longer have this fancy thing called depth. Well it would just be plain silly if the next week you lost another player at the same position, because you would then have nobody, or what we might call a void. Every week players get hurt in the NFL, subsequently causing more needs. There are not unlimited quality NFL starters out there, so the more vacancies, the more the phone rings. This is a higher demand, which will yield a higher return.

I know everybody is positive that we had an awesome deal worked out with Green Bay...because they read it on a message board and want it to be true. This very well may be the case. This is where we are going to lose you...that was last week. This week, maybe the phones were a little busier...GB still had an iron in the fire, because Grant is gone for the year, and maybe another team called. Nix might talk to them, then he is going to call GB again, as a courtesy, to see if they are willing to up the ante.

It's like a game within the game. If he waits until after this week there maybe 3,4, or even 5 teams calling!!!

If he does make a deal, make sure to log onto the Zone right away and complain about...that will be awesome. Don't bother with any research on the deal, or remember that you cried like a little ***** for them to just make a trade, just piss and moan about the trade.

Oh...I almost forgot. You should try to start 13-14 threads on this, and every other misinformed piece of speculation that you can.

Go Bills...

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
An average NFL RB who's one misstep away from getting a year long vacation is a highly valuable commodity these days?

Value for him would have been the reported 3rd round pick that was offered on draft day.

It's just another case where people around here and the front office overvalue the "talent." Personally I don't think he's traded before the deadline.

But hey, having 3 backs is very necessary on a team that doesn't have one OT, or QB, or TE, or OLB, right?

better days
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
An average NFL RB who's one misstep away from getting a year long vacation is a highly valuable commodity these days?

Value for him would have been the reported 3rd round pick that was offered on draft day.

It's just another case where people around here and the front office overvalue the "talent." Personally I don't think he's traded before the deadline.

But hey, having 3 backs is very necessary on a team that doesn't have one OT, or QB, or TE, or OLB, right?

ONCE AGAIN WHY TRADE HIM FOR A 3rd when the Bills WILL GET a 3rd COMP PICK FOR HIM?

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 05:44 PM
ONCE AGAIN WHY TRADE HIM FOR A 3rd when the Bills WILL GET a 3rd COMP PICK FOR HIM?

That's only if the Bills do not sign someone of equal value after the 2012 season.

And a pick in 2010, which should have been done, is better and quicker than a pick in the 2013 draft. Regardless a pick in the 2011 draft is better than a pick in the 2013 draft. Why?

It adds talent to them, theoretically, quicker.

better days
09-25-2010, 05:50 PM
That's only if the Bills do not sign someone of equal value after the 2012 season.

And a pick in 2010, which should have been done, is better and quicker than a pick in the 2013 draft. Regardless a pick in the 2011 draft is better than a pick in the 2013 draft. Why?

It adds talent to them, theoretically, quicker.

Well at this point the Bills don't need talent quicker. It may be better to lose more this year than not.

Do you really expect them to sign someone of equal value after 2012? I don't but if they do, I say great, that player should be better than a 3rd rnd pick.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Well at this point the Bills don't need talent quicker. It may be better to lose more this year than not.

Do you really expect them to sign someone of equal value after 2012? I don't but if they do, I say great, that player should be better than a 3rd rnd pick.

The quicker you obtain talent, the quicker you become relevant.

Apparently the 10 year wait hasn't been long enough for you yet though.

better days
09-25-2010, 06:39 PM
The quicker you obtain talent, the quicker you become relevant.

Apparently the 10 year wait hasn't been long enough for you yet though.

10 years is plenty long enough, BUT trading Lynch would not have put the Bills in the Super Bowl.

IF they could have received value for him, I think they would have traded Lynch at the time of the draft, but unlike some people on this board Nix is not stupid enough to give him away for peanuts.

OpIv37
09-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Fred Jackson will be 30 in February, and it's still to be determined whether Spiller can be an every down RB in this league. Joique Bell is with the Eagles and our only PS RB is Andre Anderson.

We need to get a fairly high pick for Lynch before we destroy our depth at one of the few positions where we actually have some depth.

to what end? Being 4-12 instead of 2-14? We're not re-signing Lynch in the off-season and RB's are a dime a dozen in the draft.

mikemac2001
09-25-2010, 07:07 PM
to what end? Being 4-12 instead of 2-14? We're not re-signing Lynch in the off-season and RB's are a dime a dozen in the draft.

What free agent year won't we sign him 2013? That's fine I'd rather have him Not costing is anything and ooooo a 3rd or 4th won't help much more

People want to dish this guy bc of attitude and I'd rather have 3 solid backs instead of unproven rookie and aging rb

Novacane
09-25-2010, 07:42 PM

He'd better be or we have another bad first round pick. I really don't understand what they are trying to do with the RB's right now. I'm starting to not like the Spiller pick and it has nothing to do with him. If he's going to be part of a 3 way rotation we should have picked a player at a posistion that we actually needed.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Unbelievable that we have some Bills fans around here who have the mentality, after two games, to say something as idiotic as "it may be better to lose more this year than not". Sheesh. Newsflash: You play the game to win. Always.

Lynch is one play away from being out of the league or at least hampered by a serious injury.

mightysimi
09-25-2010, 10:53 PM

In fairness, the comp is at the end of the 3rd. If you could get a high 3rd, then you might talk. Personally I don't think you trade him. He makes very little money so what does it cost to keep him. Maybe getting a pick that maybe we can hit on which given our history of talent evaluation isn't a sure bet.

better days
09-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Unbelievable that we have some Bills fans around here who have the mentality, after two games, to say something as idiotic as "it may be better to lose more this year than not". Sheesh. Newsflash: You play the game to win. Always.

Lynch is one play away from being out of the league or at least hampered by a serious injury.

IDIOTIC is calling for the GM to be fired after only two games.

I am not saying the Bills should play to lose, I'm just saying they don't need a draft pick for Lynch today because it will not matter.

And yes while I want the Bills to win every time they take the field, it would probably be better if they get a high pick in the draft this year.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM

****** idiots. God I HATE being a Bills fan.lol yes, trading Lynch now is the answer to all the teams problems. Brilliant, I don't know how anyone missed that. There is a reason why teams don't listen to fans when making decisions and this is one of them. JMO

better days
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, after today who wants to trade Lynch? He should have helped his value in a trade today, but I want him to be a Bill for the next 7-8 years myself.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Well, after today who wants to trade Lynch? He should have helped his value in a trade today, but I want him to be a Bill for the next 7-8 years myself.

Still completely useless on this team, we've seen in the past Fred can do the same thing and Fred isn't one strike away from getting a lengthy suspension.

ddaryl
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Lynch is playing with some heart... Somethign he lacked last year, and this offseason...

but I'm impressed with Lynch so far, and he looks big for a RB... and he is showing some nifty little moves for a big RB.

After watching Lynch the last 2 weeks I would like to keep the guy... I still worry about his offseason issues...

Stewie
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM

A third is precisely the compensation we can expect to receive if he walks and signs somewhere else. They're not as dumb as you'd like to think.

psubills62
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Here's hoping the Rams call soon. Jackson was injured. While it wasn't serious, they have no one behind him. Though as bad as they are, they probably don't want to be giving up relatively high draft picks.

Yasgur's Farm
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
i thought he had 2 years left am i wrong?He does have another year remaining... People ignore facts when they're blowing their buggle.

Yasgur's Farm
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Tell me about it... How many years are we going to let Buddy Nix keep driving this franchise into the ground?

I'll type it a little bigger, since you guys must have missed it the first time...

Lynch is not a free agent at the end of the year. He is signed through the end of 2012. The trade deadline is week 6.

While Nix has undoubtedly let us down...he has a "big-boy" job to do. "Big-boy" jobs are what you get in the real world. He can't just turn on the Playstation and trade Lynch for whoever/whatever he wants. He needs a partner to trade with, and the the trade has to be viewed as a good value.

Lynch is a real RB, despite what ever little hard-on you have for him. This, boys, is what we call VALUE. When you are trading in the NFL, you would like to trade VALUE for VALUE.

Hold on to your hats, because this next part is really hard to follow. You may even like to get a little leg up on the competition. How would you do this, you may ask? Well, fellas, it's called SUPPLY AND DEMAND. If there is a limited supply, the demand will be greater.

How would this fancy SUPPLY AND DEMAND work in football, you may ask, I doubt it, you are probably all agreeing with each other about your incorrect, although very definitive, but still incorrect statements above... See, in football, when you have more than one player at a position, it is called depth. When you have a player get injured, you no longer have this fancy thing called depth. Well it would just be plain silly if the next week you lost another player at the same position, because you would then have nobody, or what we might call a void. Every week players get hurt in the NFL, subsequently causing more needs. There are not unlimited quality NFL starters out there, so the more vacancies, the more the phone rings. This is a higher demand, which will yield a higher return.

I know everybody is positive that we had an awesome deal worked out with Green Bay...because they read it on a message board and want it to be true. This very well may be the case. This is where we are going to lose you...that was last week. This week, maybe the phones were a little busier...GB still had an iron in the fire, because Grant is gone for the year, and maybe another team called. Nix might talk to them, then he is going to call GB again, as a courtesy, to see if they are willing to up the ante.

It's like a game within the game. If he waits until after this week there maybe 3,4, or even 5 teams calling!!!

If he does make a deal, make sure to log onto the Zone right away and complain about...that will be awesome. Don't bother with any research on the deal, or remember that you cried like a little ***** for them to just make a trade, just piss and moan about the trade.

Oh...I almost forgot. You should try to start 13-14 threads on this, and every other misinformed piece of speculation that you can.

Go Bills...
2012 is voidable by Lynch... But 2011 is ours!