PDA

View Full Version : Bills Look to End Losing Ways Versus Patriots

Michael82
09-25-2010, 01:25 PM
After a second straight week of the offense stinking it up, Chan Gailey decided to pull the plug on Trent Edwards. It was applauded by Bills fans all over the country, but some still wonder if his replacement, Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to do any better.

I think Fitzpatrick will be an improvement because he's willing to stretch the field and throw the ball up for his receivers to get. The Bills also need to run the ball consistently and have the backs finish with a total of 30-40 carries. CJ Spiller needs to become a bigger focus on offense, along with both Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch.....

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/bills_look_to_end_losing

:feedback:

Dujek
09-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I think 24 points is a bit optimistic, but if the Bills do put up 24 points, even in a losing effort, I'll be much happier than I was in the first two weeks of the season.

Ingtar33
09-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Fitzpatrick averaged fewer yards per attempt then Edwards did last year... and that's frankly amazing considering his 90+ yard td to Owens.

Edwards also threw more passes 35y+ then Fitzpatrick did last year...

so this "fiction" that Fitzpatrick stretches the field has to end.

What Fitzpatrick does do better then Edwards (when he's not throwing it 5 yards short or 10 yards over the head of his targets) is get the ball to his WRs outside the hash marks.

no.. this is pretty much a wash. about the only thing fitz has going for him this weekend is the NE secondary is absolutely atrocious this year, and the rest of the defense isn't much better. if we're going to score more then 20 points in a game this year this might be our chance. only problem is, the pats will probably hang 40 on us.

Michael82
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I think 24 points is a bit optimistic, but if the Bills do put up 24 points, even in a losing effort, I'll be much happier than I was in the first two weeks of the season.
So would I. It's a little bit of an optimistic view, but I think the Patriots will look ahead to next week against the Dolphins, plus their defense is not good at all.

Crisis
09-25-2010, 01:47 PM
31-0 was amazing but it's definitely not worth what's happened since.

somebody sold their soul for that game....just end this stupid streak already.

Michael82
09-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Fitzpatrick averaged fewer yards per attempt then Edwards did last year... and that's frankly amazing considering his 90+ yard td to Owens.

What Fitzpatrick does do better then Edwards (when he's not throwing it 5 yards short or 10 yards over the head of his targets) is get the ball to his WRs outside the hash marks.

no.. this is pretty much a wash. about the only thing fitz has going for him this weekend is the NE secondary is absolutely atrocious this year, and the rest of the defense isn't much better. if we're going to score more then 20 points in a game this year this might be our chance. only problem is, the pats will probably hang 40 on us.

Fitzpatrick seems to take more chances with the ball. Plus he isn't a pussy out there like Edwards is and he does move around a bit in the pocket, unlike Edwards. I think we might see the slants come back now that Fitzpatrick is back in too.

Trust me, I'm not excited that Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting. I'm more relieved that Trent Edwards is not. And I'm ready to see what Brian Brohm can do too.

Michael82
09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
31-0 was amazing but it's definitely not worth what's happened since.

somebody sold their soul for that game....just end this stupid streak already.
I enjoyed that 31-0 game so much. I really wish we could take it back, if it meant winning some of these other games against the Pats. The 0-13 streak really pisses me off and it's the main reason why the Patriots are my most hated team now.

better days
09-25-2010, 05:32 PM

The only thing that needs to end is using stats to defend Trent. ANYONE with two eyes will tell you Fitz threw the ball downfield last year much more than Trent attempted to.