PDA

View Full Version : Notes and observations from tonight's game

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Believe it or not, this was my first ever pre-season Sabres game. I usually do not go, but got freebies for renewing my Bandits tickets and since it was a Saturday night and I had no plans (shocking!!!!) I went.

Being fully aware it is pre-season game #1 and that pre-season hockey might mean less than pre-season football, here are some things I noted during the game tonight:

1. Zash Kassian played well. He had a nice set-up for Ennis' goal on a 2 on 1. He played physical. A few times I thought he was trying too hard to get into a scrap. But that is minor and is to be expected from a young guy trying to make the team.

2. Luke Adam did not look ready. His skating did not appear to be at NHL level most of the game.

3. Sekera, for the most part, played well.

4. Ryan Miller was very sharp. So was Enroth.

5. Roy was captain. Assistants were Connolly and Neidermayer. I thought Neidermayer was interesting because Gaustad played.

6. Ennis looked very good.

7. Roy played very hard, especially considering it was a pre-season game.

8. Vanek absolutely punch a Leafs player in the mouth. Hard too. He could not figure out why he got a penalty for it.

9. They were out of large Myers 3rd jerseys. :(

10. The hot roast beef sandwich at Washington Square Lounge was good. But they had 3 TVs there. One had the Yankees game and 2 had the ND game. While the ND and Yankees games were enjoyable, I wish the Arkansas game had been on one of them.

11. Drew Stafford played well and played with a bit of mean streak. They said on the postgame that he has dropped ten pounds from last year. Ennis has gained 7-10 pounds. Stafford also killed penalties as did McCormick

12. The PP was meh. The first one was decent, although they did not score. It is really hard to evaluate ST in pre-season though. The PK did its job.

If I think of more I will add it.

SabreEleven
09-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Dear NHL Network,

1) if you are going to show a tape delay game (especially the same day), please don't show the score for that game on your ticker.

2) If you are going to show the score, use the right logo.

Thanks,
The Fans.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
A few others:

Myers is playing more physical this year.He is clearly stronger and more confidant.

Gerbe got the hit of night. It was after the whistle, but he did knock a Leaf on his ass (and also went down)

Morissonn had a monster shift knocking Leafs all over the place.

Bufftp
09-26-2010, 10:05 AM
since it was a Saturday night and I had no plans (shocking!!!!) I went.

Sorry Dave was busy.
But good review I appreciate it.

SkateZilla
09-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Dear NHL Network,

1) if you are going to show a tape delay game (especially the same day), please don't show the score for that game on your ticker.

2) If you are going to show the score, use the right logo.

Thanks,
The Fans.

If Your Gonna Advertise "HDTV" on the Guide INFO, and show TOR@PHI AND PHI AT TOR the two nights before in HighDef. Dont Bring the Sabres Game in downconverted 480P Pillarboxed garbage.

SkateZilla
09-26-2010, 11:13 AM
A few others:

Myers is playing more physical this year.He is clearly stronger and more confidant.

Morissonn had a monster shift knocking Leafs all over the place.

Morrisson is already rubbing off on Myers.