PDA

View Full Version : It's Time To Check out of Billsville

raphael120
09-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Today marks just the third game of the season, and already I am ready for it to end. Unlike a younger generation, I can remember when the team brought entertainment, anticipation, excitement and civic pride. But that seems like a long time ago.
I hope I am wrong, but it seems that our sorry fate is to be stuck with a bad team, until we have no team at all. I am not sure which alternative is worse.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/columns/donn-esmonde/article201681.ece

baalworship
09-26-2010, 09:35 AM
The only reason I am watching these games is to see the younger players develop.

If CJ Spiller, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis and others don't get more playing time soon I will be checking out as well.

Jan Reimers
09-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Donn Esmonde can check out if he wants. I've been a fan for longer than he has, so I'll just hang in there as I have through all the tough seasons.

OpIv37
09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Depressing but it echoes my thoughts exactly

YardRat
09-26-2010, 09:45 AM
**** Donn Esmonde. He couldn't handle sports to begin with, and switched over to Lifestyles and community.

Bufftp
09-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Donn Esmonde can check out if he wants. I've been a fan for longer than he has, so I'll just hang in there as I have through all the tough seasons. Being a real Bills fan is like a marriage, for better or for worse....

Beebe's Kid
09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I am just hollow...I don't know if I'll be able to go on without Donn...

Yardie, he spells his ****ing name with two N's...that would explain his move to lifestyle.

Ralph can't run a business? On the contrary there, Donn...nnnn.nnnn. He paid 50k for a team worth 600+ Million... I don't know how your paper route is doing, old boy, but that doesn't sound like a business failure to me.

Did he fail you, Donn? Maybe he did, and for this I would never forgive him. I didn't start liking this team when I was 5 or 6 because I did a lot of research on the ownership, and really felt it gave us the best chance to succeed.

It is like a marriage, and if you're gone after two weeks, that says more to me about your character than the character of the Bills. I plan on hanging in there for 17 weeks, then I'll decide what I am doing.

Again, Donn, I have some serious decisions to make, now that you're gone. Do I get the 3 mediums for $5 a piece, or do I order a couple of the Xtra lrg Brooklyn style? I got a ****ing game to watch...Laser show starts at 1:00

topher180
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Love how people react when someone is just honest and really captures the essence of how bad this football team really is. They are barely an NFL franchise and it's startling that all you self-proclaimed "die hards" don't feel the same way. Stop taking yourselves so seriously.

Hogwasher
09-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm not checking out of nuthin.

topher180
09-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I am just hollow...I don't know if I'll be able to go on without Donn...

Yardie, he spells his ****ing name with two N's...that would explain his move to lifestyle.

Ralph can't run a business? On the contrary there, Donn...nnnn.nnnn. He paid 50k for a team worth 600+ Million... I don't know how your paper route is doing, old boy, but that doesn't sound like a business failure to me.

Did he fail you, Donn? Maybe he did, and for this I would never forgive him. I didn't start liking this team when I was 5 or 6 because I did a lot of research on the ownership, and really felt it gave us the best chance to succeed.

It is like a marriage, and if you're gone after two weeks, that says more to me about your character than the character of the Bills. I plan on hanging in there for 17 weeks, then I'll decide what I am doing.

Again, Donn, I have some serious decisions to make, now that you're gone. Do I get the 3 mediums for $5 a piece, or do I order a couple of the Xtra lrg Brooklyn style? I got a ****ing game to watch...Laser show starts at 1:00

People like you make me embarrassed to be a Bills fan, almost as much as their ineptitude.

HHURRICANE
09-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Ralph Wilson is a crappy owner. Had it not been for the lucky mishaps that brought Polian to power, this would be the worst franchise in sports.

Being a fan doesn't mean ignoring the truth. If Wilson cared about the fans and people in the community he would have articulated a contigency plan. He's killing the fans and the team.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2010, 11:24 AM
That reads like something Sully would write.. lol

YardRat
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Ralph Wilson is a crappy owner. Had it not been for the lucky mishaps that brought Polian to power, this would be the worst franchise in sports.

Being a fan doesn't mean ignoring the truth. If Wilson cared about the fans and people in the community he would have articulated a contigency plan. He's killing the fans and the team.

If Wilson didn't care about the fans and the community he would have moved the team 25 years ago.

bluerosekiller
09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh PLEASE.

Let's not start going WAY overboard by giving that old bag of dust & bones undue credit.

Seriously. Had Wilson been in a position to make more money elsewhere, he'd have done so without a second thought. It's only been a mix of good timing, Erie County's $$$ & some good luck that's kept them here. NOT Ralph Wilson's good graces.

bluerosekiller
09-26-2010, 12:00 PM
As for Esmonde's column & his decision to officially "check out" this early in the season, good for him. He has every right & I can identify with his reasons & rational for doing so. Hope he enjoys the rest of his autumn.
Seriously.
I mean, hell, I can remember "checking out" myself back in the bad old days of '84 & '85. But then, I was in my early twenties then, had an active social life & was much less of a masochist than I am now.

topher180
09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
If Wilson didn't care about the fans and the community he would have moved the team 25 years ago.

Misinformed, and in line with the fear mongering that goes on.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Love how people react when someone is just honest and really captures the essence of how bad this football team really is. They are barely an NFL franchise and it's startling that all you self-proclaimed "die hards" don't feel the same way. Stop taking yourselves so seriously.

eat a turd sandwich.

topher180
09-26-2010, 12:26 PM
eat a turd sandwich.

You bring nothing to the table, as usual.

Mr. Cynical
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
60's: 2 AFL champs
70's: Crap.
80's: Mostly crap.
90's: 4 SBs
00's: Total crap.

Looking at this list of decades, far more bad than good.

Philagape
09-26-2010, 04:28 PM
60's: 2 AFL champs
70's: Crap.
80's: Mostly crap.
90's: 4 SBs
00's: Total crap.

Looking at this list of decades, far more bad than good.

Cynical!!! LTNS