PDA

View Full Version : Trent Ed-who?

northernbillfan
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, this is awesome. It's like night and day. The same line, the same receivers, yet totally different results.

Fitz is a lot smarter, and I'm not talking about the Harvard talk that surfaced earlier this week, than Edwards. He reads the field better and faster and delivers quicker.

Nice change, even if they lose this game, it's been refreshing to watch.

Canadian'eh!
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
i don't think we need a bunch more Edwards threads really... they've moved on one way or the other... let it go.

northernbillfan
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
i don't think we need a bunch more Edwards threads really... they've moved on one way or the other... let it go.Excuse me. I didn't scan through a million threads. I didn't see any started since the game got underway, so I thought I'd express my thoughts.

northernbillfan
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
And besides this is observations during game play.

Syderick
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Wow, this is awesome. It's like night and day. The same line, the same receivers, yet totally different results.

Fitz is a lot smarter, and I'm not talking about the Harvard talk that surfaced earlier this week, than Edwards. He reads the field better and faster and delivers quicker.

Nice change, even if they lose this game, it's been refreshing to watch.

I have to agree, Fitz did alot better then Trent would of.

Michael82
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
This game proves what many of us were saying...Quarterback is the biggest problem on the team. It's amazing how much better the OL, WRs looked with a competent QB out there. See ya later, Captain Checkdown! Hope ya enjoy the UFL! :bigwave:

Johnny Bugmenot
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
And besides this is observations during game play. Isn't that what the game day thread is for?

Philagape
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
It was a fairly entertaining offense at least.
Fitz will never be a good starter, but he can hold the fort down until somebody is drafted

northernbillfan
09-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Fitz will never be a good starter, but he can hold the fort down until somebody is draftedThat's all we can hope for at this point.

Mad Max
09-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Fitz will never be a good starter, but he can hold the fort down until somebody is drafted

He's our Frank Reich to be sure. Now we just gotta find Jim Kelly.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Fitz's only major knock is he sometimes has serious accuracy issues.

See the first interception. Where he had Roscoe wide open, all day to throw, and then skies the pass and gets picked

justasportsfan
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
what does HH have to say?

My prediction is that he'll go AWOL

ddaryl
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
bottom line is Trent can't do what Fitz did today.

YardRat
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Frank Reich won games.

RoscoeMagic
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Exactly. It's good to see what our young skill players like Steve Johnson, Stupar, Spiller, Nelson (both of em), even Parrish can do if given the opportunity. We can see who's a gamer and who's not. You can't tell who can play with Trent at QB.

Mad Max
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Frank Reich won games.

So has Fitzy (just not today).

hydro
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM
i don't think we need a bunch more Edwards threads really... they've moved on one way or the other... let it go.

Why are you so mad all the time. Lighten up.

starrymessenger
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Nice change, even if they lose this game, it's been refreshing to watch. Imagine how much better still we might look if we had a real starting NFL QB like D. McNabb for example. We would have beaten the Pats.

HHURRICANE
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I didn't see the game today but I was getting updates in the airport and it's obvious that Edwards was part of the problem. My issue is that Gailey didn't see this leading up to opening day? That Miami game is probably a win and maybe today is a win with 3 weeks of Fitz playing?!

It obvious that Edwards can't read a defense.

Cleve
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
One thing that Fitzpatrick didn't help... the Defense. They were tackling like Betty White out there today, and gave up yards to the Patriots like water pours thru a sieve.

better days
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
what does HH have to say?

My prediction is that he'll go AWOL

Yeah HH said before the game that he was done watching the Bills because Chan sat his boy Trent.

Or maybe I said it was because Chan sat Trent, but HH did say he was done watching the Bills.

TigerJ
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Agreed, Fitz is much better than Edwards. The difference is mental. Fitz is just a lot stronger mentally than Edwards is. Edwards is is history as the Bills starter.

But. . . Fitz is not good enough. He's always going to kill some drives in every game with some horrible passes. Some will fall incomplete. Some will be interceptions that look like he was actually targeting the opposing player. Most QBs will do that once in a great while. Fitz will have enough of them that he will cost the Bills wins in any number of close games.

Philagape
09-26-2010, 11:21 PM

Let's not get crazy here. I don't like seeing #14 on him.

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah HH said before the game that he was done watching the Bills because Chan sat his boy Trent.

Or maybe I said it was because Chan sat Trent, but HH did say he was done watching the Bills.
what else is new? he quit being a bills fan and yet he keeps coming back.

Bravo82
09-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Exactly. It's good to see what our young skill players like Steve Johnson, Stupar, Spiller, Nelson (both of em), even Parrish can do if given the opportunity. We can see who's a gamer and who's not. You can't tell who can play with Trent at QB.

Not another Stevie fan :ill: :ill: :ill:

northernbillfan
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
But. . . Fitz is not good enough. He's always going to kill some drives in every game with some horrible passes. Some will fall incomplete. Some will be interceptions that look like he was actually targeting the opposing player. Most QBs will do that once in a great while. Fitz will have enough of them that he will cost the Bills wins in any number of close games.Favre still does that constantly.