PDA

View Full Version : Spiller

better days
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
How about Spiller, what a waste of a draft pick. Only two TD's today.

RoscoeMagic
09-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't think anyone ever questioned his talent. It's just obvious we didn't need him. Did you see Lynch run today? We didn't need a RB. Spiller walked in on the TD pass too, I could have done it. He had some real nice runs as well, but nothing Lynch/Jackson couldn't do.

And don't tell me we spent the 9th overall pick on a KR...please.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
brandon graham would have been the only other realisitc option that would make sense. i would still take spiller...

Ingtar33
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
well thus far Spiller is a KR/3rd down back.

he's tedd ginn jr.

we mocked the fins mercilessly for that pick... until he's starting at rb and putting up Chris Johnson numbers this was a blown pick.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 03:55 PM

he's tedd ginn jr.

Or Dexter McCluster.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-26-2010, 03:57 PM

he's tedd ginn jr.

we mocked the fins mercilessly for that pick... until he's starting at rb and putting up Chris Johnson numbers this was a blown pick.

who else could we have picked? spiller was the best player... and dude , hes better than ted ginn.

better days
09-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't think anyone ever questioned his talent. It's just obvious we didn't need him. Did you see Lynch run today? We didn't need a RB. Spiller walked in on the TD pass too, I could have done it. He had some real nice runs as well, but nothing Lynch/Jackson couldn't do.

And don't tell me we spent the 9th overall pick on a KR...please.

NO we spent a 9th on Spiller............a guy that can do it all. And speaking of Lynch, I have said all along it would be CRAZY to trade him.

Spiller & Lynch are the perfect combination of backs. Jackson........meh. I would love to see Lynch have his contract extended. He looked like he enjoyed playing today.

topher180
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Still isn't a star, as much as you want him to be. He just a fast, talented dude. He will need to do more to decided either way on him, and you know that days, you are just couldn't wait another 8 wks or so to post this.

better days
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Still isn't a star, as much as you want him to be. He just a fast, talented dude. He will need to do more to decided either way on him, and you know that days, you are just couldn't wait another 8 wks or so to post this.

He is a BUDDING star. 2TD's today, you can bet he will be up for & should win Rookie of the week.

After this year is over we can talk about him being a star. I think he will be.

Oaf
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Antoine Smith could have made that 1st TD, today probably.

better days
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Well, Antoine was a pretty good back.

Philagape
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
If the purpose of the draft is only for the upcoming year, Spiller's a wasted pick.

But it's not. You draft for a career.

Spiller will become the center of this offense.

RoscoeMagic
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
If the purpose of the draft is only for the upcoming year, Spiller's a wasted pick.

But it's not. You draft for a career.

Spiller will become the center of this offense.

You just made the point against Spiller. He will burn out in 6 years as RBs (especially those who rely on speed) do.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Did we really burn a 1st rounder on a situational player? A gadget guy? Please tell me it isn't so. Let's hope he turns into a solid every day back.

jdbillsfan
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
It's his 3rd game guys. Maybe we can call him a wasted pick after game 5 at least?

SquishDaFish
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM

Really??? He had all the Pats fans I was sitting near in the stadium talking.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Did we really burn a 1st rounder on a situational player? A gadget guy? Please tell me it isn't so. Let's hope he turns into a solid every day back.

Hey, New Orleans did it with Reggie Bush and look where they are now!

*uses the optimistic approach*

Mad Max
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM

For the love of.....can we please not confuse our Antowains with our Antoines?

TacklingDummy
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
WE NEEDED LINEMEN.

SpillerThrills
09-26-2010, 06:42 PM
WE NEEDED LINEMEN.

I do agree with you here TD, but looking at next year, we were gonna need a RB too since I don't foresee Lynch resigning.....

WeAreArthurMoates
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I love how people mock Spiller and he help keep us in the game today. Spiller showed a lot today and after this game, he will see more touches come next week.

Mad Max
09-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I love how people mock Spiller and he help keep us in the game today. Spiller showed a lot today and after this game, he will see more touches come next week.

Fitzy's ability to actually, you know, metriculate the ball downfield is going to reduce the defensive clutter on the LOS...so you're right it's about to be Spiller time!

better days
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
WE NEEDED LINEMEN.

We took one in the 2nd. There was no Lineman on offense or defense worth the #9 pick.

Lexwhat
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM

he's tedd ginn jr.

Better than the Aaron Maybin pick from a year ago. I seem to remember you raving about Maybin's pass rush ability last year, and how his "1st step" was the best you had seen out of all the pass rushers in last year's draft. Consequently, it led me to believe you actually liked the draft pick.

In actuality, Maybin has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and seems like a lost, immature little kid. Thus far, Maybin is a Vernon Gholston-type of bust. Talk about a "blown pick."

At least Spiller has shown some flashes in his 3rd career NFL game.

Anyways, based on who was available, I strongly feel that Spiller was the right pick. Not like we had a chance at Suh or Bradford. Who knows what will happen with Spiller, but he'll be far from a blown pick, IMHO.

Ingtar33
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Better than the Aaron Maybin pick from a year ago. I seem to remember you raving about Maybin's pass rush ability last year, and how his "1st step" was the best you had seen out of all the pass rushers in last year's draft. Consequently, it led me to believe you actually liked the draft pick.

In actuality, Maybin has shown ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and seems like a lost, immature little kid. Thus far, Maybin is a Vernon Gholston-type of bust. Talk about a "blown pick."

At least Spiller has shown some flashes in his 3rd career NFL game.

Anyways, based on who was available, I strongly feel that Spiller was the right pick. Not like we had a chance at Suh or Bradford. Who knows what will happen with Spiller, but he'll be far from a blown pick, IMHO.

Yes I liked the Aaron Maybin pick. No one is right 100% of the time.

How does my opinion of the Maybin pick at the time of the draft last year have anything to do with the price of milk today? We're talking about Spiller. In my opinion Spiller being a good player isn't enough to justify his pick. Due to our needs elsewhere, and our depth at RB, he has to be great before i'll like it.

better days
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM

How does my opinion of the Maybin pick at the time of the draft last year have anything to do with the price of milk today? We're talking about Spiller. In my opinion Spiller being a good player isn't enough to justify his pick. Due to our needs elsewhere, and our depth at RB, he has to be great before i'll like it.

So a guy that scored 2 TD's in just his 3rd game is a blown pick?

You probably also voted to fire Nix after 2 games.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
I do agree with you here TD, but looking at next year, we were gonna need a RB too since I don't foresee Lynch resigning.....

Lynch is not a free agent at the end of this year.

Night Train
09-27-2010, 03:21 AM
We needed QB & LT more but the Bills picked the highest rated player on the board in Spiller, rather than pick a 2nd or 3rd round talent at a position of need in round 1.

Michael Oher or Orakpo should have been picked over Maybin but there was no such blunder this year. The stud LT's were gone by pick #6 and no QB outside of Bradford was 1st round worthy.

Some act as if the draft has 15-20 obvious stars at every position every year.

HAMMER
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Some people think they know more about football then they really do.

doomsdayvirus
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
It's his 3rd game guys. Maybe we can call him a wasted pick after game 5 at least?

haha... for real.

3 games in and we're already set to crucify the brand new coach and our rookie running back.

we really do live in ADHD times here.

unpaid_bills
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
he should be on the field at all times. I think Chan and Co. are working him slowly in he will be playing more and more. He is actually a very good blocker they need to design some more plays specfically for him let him do the rest. Look at what happens when the guys gets the ball in open space.

Lexwhat
09-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Okay, fair enough regarding Maybin...

However, I don't agree at all with you saying "he's Ted Ginn Jr." The comparison makes no sense. Spiller scored 2 TDs yesterday -- who cares how he scored them? Two touchdowns is still two touchdowns, even if he scored them as a 3rd down RB / Kick returner.

If we play a numbers game, Ginn had 2 TDs his entire rookie year (and no Kick Return TDs). Spiller already has 1 TD in each category.

Anyways, the reason I liked the Spiller pick was that it was (IMO) the best decision for this team, long-term. I know we have a lot of depth at RB, but it's not like we drafted a Lynch or F.Jackson clone. Spiller is completely different than either of them.

And yes, Spiller does have to be "great" before I'll like him too (liking the draft pick and liking the player are 2 different things). That's true with any player on this team.

Ingtar33
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Okay, fair enough regarding Maybin...

However, I don't agree at all with you saying "he's Ted Ginn Jr." The comparison makes no sense. Spiller scored 2 TDs yesterday -- who cares how he scored them? Two touchdowns is still two touchdowns, even if he scored them as a 3rd down RB / Kick returner.

If we play a numbers game, Ginn had 2 TDs his entire rookie year (and no Kick Return TDs). Spiller already has 1 TD in each category.

Anyways, the reason I liked the Spiller pick was that it was (IMO) the best decision for this team, long-term. I know we have a lot of depth at RB, but it's not like we drafted a Lynch or F.Jackson clone. Spiller is completely different than either of them.

And yes, Spiller does have to be "great" before I'll like him too (liking the draft pick and liking the player are 2 different things). That's true with any player on this team.

then we're in 100% agreement.

So a guy that scored 2 TD's in just his 3rd game is a blown pick?

You probably also voted to fire Nix after 2 games.

You’re putting words in my mouth. I didn't say it he's a blown pick. I'm saying he looking like a WASTED pick. KR and 3rd down back were not needs, period.

He has to be better then simply "good" to justify that when we have holes all over our roster. He has to be great. And until he is GREAT it's a wasted pick. That’s not a critique of Spiller... frankly i like the kid. That’s condemnation of the front office.