PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT

Buffalo Thriller
09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Im tired of reading posts saying that CJ was the best player on the board. NO he was te best RB on the board and we didnt need im. we failed to adress the QB and OL situation when there were plenty of good guys at those positions

TacklingDummy
09-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Examples?

Buffalo Thriller
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
QB: Tebow, Clausen: they are good QB's that could develop just like any rookie has to. OL: Bulaga?

Uncle Jesse
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I disagree on the QBs. Mallet/Luck have a better chance to work out than Calusen. Tebow is laughable.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
QB: Tebow, Clausen: they are good QB's that could develop just like any rookie has to. OL: Bulaga?

Yeah, the late first rounder and mid second round pick are better than the projected top-5 guy that fell to us at 9...

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas.

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Claussen looked like crap today and Tebow was just demoted to third string in Denver.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM

After 3 games, I agree.

Buffalo Thriller
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes i agree wit the clausen tebow thing but they were there.CJ just adds a spot to an already great backfield. I want Mallet to go to us forsure. I also think this draft we could have adressed the WR spot as well.

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes i agree wit the clausen tebow thing but they were there.CJ just adds a spot to an already great backfield. I want Mallet to go to us forsure. I also think this draft we could have adressed the WR spot as well.

How good is Easley?

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
How good is Easley?

So far? As good as James Hardy.

Buffalo Thriller
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Dez Bryant would have been a nice pick that i would have been happy(CJ was unneeded no matter what you say) I could just go on for hours how the front office butchers us in the draft.

BillsWin
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM

Oh no... Another Tebow fan... :yawn:

Buffalo Thriller
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Try an anti-CJ fan

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
So far? As good as James Hardy.

So far, yup. Could be different later on, no one knows. I guess Nix should've known he would be injured.

tampabay25690
09-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I disagree on the QBs. Mallet/Luck have a better chance to work out than Calusen. Tebow is laughable.

Come on Tebow is not laughable....

Lexwhat
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Earl Thomas?? You wanted to draft a safety? Show me 1 post you made before the draft (or before the regular season) suggesting that we should've drafted Earl Thomas before the #9 pick. Otherwise, it's a moot point.

As far as Dez Bryant is concerned, yes, his ability was definitely worthy of a top-10 pick. He might have POSSIBLY been a better option than Spiller; who knows, only time will tell.

If Bryant turns out to be a superstar, then it's a fair point. But Spiller has the chance to do that too. It also doesn't hurt that Bryant has Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Jason Witten, Felix Jones, and Marion Barber around him. It doesn't hurt that he has Tony Romo throwing to him. It doesn't hurt that he has Michael Irvin mentoring him.

My point is that Dez Bryant stepped into a situation that is EXTREMELY favorable for him. No chance in hell he would've had more (or equal) success with the Bills.

Did you explicity want Dez Bryant at the #9 pick?

Philagape
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM

Taking any of them over Spiller would have been insane.

tampabay25690
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Im happy with Spiller..

SquishDaFish
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Sorry Spiller was best on board at that position. Only move I could see them doing was trading down to get a position of need. But to say Spiller wasnt best on board at that moment is dumb. And Im very happy with Spiller also.

Mindbender
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, this is the first time anyone has posted anything like this. /sarcasm

Mr. Pink
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Earl Thomas?? You wanted to draft a safety? Show me 1 post you made before the draft (or before the regular season) suggesting that we should've drafted Earl Thomas before the #9 pick. Otherwise, it's a moot point.

As far as Dez Bryant is concerned, yes, his ability was definitely worthy of a top-10 pick. He might have POSSIBLY been a better option than Spiller; who knows, only time will tell.

If Bryant turns out to be a superstar, then it's a fair point. But Spiller has the chance to do that too. It also doesn't hurt that Bryant has Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Jason Witten, Felix Jones, and Marion Barber around him. It doesn't hurt that he has Tony Romo throwing to him. It doesn't hurt that he has Michael Irvin mentoring him.

My point is that Dez Bryant stepped into a situation that is EXTREMELY favorable for him. No chance in hell he would've had more (or equal) success with the Bills.

Did you explicity want Dez Bryant at the #9 pick?

I explicitly wanted Dez Bryant at number 9 with how the first eight picks went down.

Thomas was just another example of how Spiller wasn't BPA, which many claim he was.

I do agree that Bryant is in a situation that is EXTREMELY favorable for him, he has every chance to succeed but he has the talent to succeed wherever he went and like Spiller, is also a playmaker.

In addition I wanted no part of CJ "reggie bush clone" Spiller. He was a luxury pick on an organization that has more holes than swiss cheese on the roster. In the right situation Spiller is a good pick for a team looking for that one more piece to push them over the hump...that situation isn't here nor will it be while Spiller is under contract here.

Uncle Jesse
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Come on Tebow is not laughable....

Thinking that we should have taken him at 9 as a franchise QB certainly is, which is what I was responding to.

Lexwhat
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I explicitly wanted Dez Bryant at number 9 with how the first eight picks went down.

Thomas was just another example of how Spiller wasn't BPA, which many claim he was.

I do agree that Bryant is in a situation that is EXTREMELY favorable for him, he has every chance to succeed but he has the talent to succeed wherever he went and like Spiller, is also a playmaker.

In addition I wanted no part of CJ "reggie bush clone" Spiller. He was a luxury pick on an organization that has more holes than swiss cheese on the roster. In the right situation Spiller is a good pick for a team looking for that one more piece to push them over the hump...that situation isn't here nor will it be while Spiller is under contract here.

Whether or not Earl Thomas was "BPA" instead of CJ Spiller is extremely debatable. You are making a completely subjective point. For example, let's look at Mike Mayock's rankings -- a guy who liked Thomas so much that he even rated him ahead of Eric Berry.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8171c657&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

He had CJ Spiller just ahead of Thomas. Many NFL scouts likely felt the same.

Regarding Dez Bryant -- I would've been very happy with him at #9, but that doesn't mean I would have picked him over Spiller. It's not a coincidence that a top-5 talent fell to 24. Hell, Dez Bryant fell into the Patriots laps at 24, but Belichick chose to trade down with the Cowboys instead of taking him! I understand the Pats have Moss and Welker, but if I was Belichick, Bryant would've been a no-brainer for me. A lot of "smart" teams passed on Bryant.

Anyways, I understand you hate the CJ Spiller pick (and respect that you wanted Dez Bryant instead), but I don't agree with your logic regarding Spiller. We DID need a playmaker, and Spiller is it. Yes, we have tons of other holes, but this team lacks so much talent that we need whatever "home-runs" we can get.

Mahdi
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Im tired of reading posts saying that CJ was the best player on the board. NO he was te best RB on the board and we didnt need im. we failed to adress the QB and OL situation when there were plenty of good guys at those positions
Who are you suggesting we should have drafted?

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Who are you suggesting we should have drafted?

Mahdi
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Tebow is a massive question mark to take at 9. Clausen the same. And Bulaga went at 21 or 22 which is in-line with his value.

You don't just take a player because he fills a need. Because if he doesn't fill that need then you look dumb having passed on a top tier player.