PDA

View Full Version : Shocking stat of the day......

Ebenezer
09-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Buffalo only punted once?? NE even had to punt three times...guess that is masked by the TOs.

psubills62
09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Buffalo only punted once?? NE even had to punt three times...guess that is masked by the TOs.

Not necessarily. Buffalo had 2 TO's to NE's 1. And on one of Buffalo's turnovers, we were in FG range, so that wouldn't have been a punt.

I think our offense showed a lot of promise, and I'm hoping and praying that Edwards was the main reason our offense did horribly the first two weeks. However, New England's defense is BAD. I'm afraid that's the primary reason we looked good today.

Ebenezer
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Not necessarily. Buffalo had 2 TO's to NE's 1. And on one of Buffalo's turnovers, we were in FG range, so that wouldn't have been a punt.

I think our offense showed a lot of promise, and I'm hoping and praying that Edwards was the main reason our offense did horribly the first two weeks. However, New England's defense is BAD. I'm afraid that's the primary reason we looked good today.
I agree on the NE defense. Pats fans have got to be hoping this was an aberation.

Ingtar33
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM

it wasn't the Turn-Overs... it was all the field-goals when we were in 4th and 1 or inside the redzone.

Gailey was balless today. playing it safe against a superior foe won't beat that foe. you have to take some chances if you want to take down the pats. we didn't and lost.

and that NE defense is atrocious... remember that's the same defense that made the "Sanchize" look like Payton Manning last week.

YardRat
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
We sustained drives....I don't care how bad NE's defense is, that's at least a little bit encouraging.

ChristopherWalken
09-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Agreed. Not caring how bad NE's defense is, the Bills offense has pulled a "180" from weeks 1 and 2. Still, as well as Fitz managed the team, his mistakes cost us the game. This team still needs a QB. That floater in the end zone was 7 points to Parrish if two feet lower.

Unfortunately, this Bills defense has gotten worse week after week. Brady peeled them apart like swinging saloon doors.

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 06:41 AM
it wasn't the Turn-Overs... it was all the field-goals when we were in 4th and 1 or inside the redzone.

Gailey was balless today. playing it safe against a superior foe won't beat that foe. you have to take some chances if you want to take down the pats. we didn't and lost.

and that NE defense is atrocious... remember that's the same defense that made the "Sanchize" look like Payton Manning last week.

Oh no, Gailey is conservative. lmao.. We didn't lose that game because Chan decided to kick a field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 1. We lost because our defense could not stop Brady. Anytime you give a QB that much time to throw, he will murder your secondary. That's what happened yesterday. Let's not try to over analyze this, act like we actually have a good team, and that means its all Gailey's fault . We are not a very good football team. We have a team with subpar talent trying to match up with teams that are superior at just about every position. I don't know what you could possibly expect from that other than what we have already seen out of this team this year. JMO

Pinkerton Security
09-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey, at least the Bills were actually fairly entertaining yesterday!!

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Hey, at least the Bills were actually fairly entertaining yesterday!!That I can agree with. It was fun to watch our team actually put points up. I don't know if that will continue against the Jets who have a better defense than the Patriots do but we will see how it goes.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2010, 07:23 AM
I agree on the NE defense. Pats fans have got to be hoping this was an aberation.

No, that has been pretty consistent through 3 games. They have done a good job defending the run in their base 3-4, but other than that it has been a nightmare. When teams spread them out and they go nickel, they can't defend the run or the pass.

Basically, they can't rush the passer well and cant' cover.

Right now, the rookie Devin McCourty is their best cover guy. Other than that, Darius Butler has been awful after showing some promise at the end of last year. Wilhite can't cover anyone and isn't physical, he is supposed to be the slot matchup guy. Arrington is a great ST player and little else. Right now, only Patrick Chung and McCourty are playing well in the secondary. The rest have just sucked. Granted, they lack pass rush, but even given that you expect the coverage to be better.

It has been 3 games, so that is a decent sample. They are very young, so I hope they can get better, but they have pretty much made every QB they face look like Marino. It is dreadful.

ST were worse than usual yesterday, they are usually better than that on ST. Part of that might be Spiller, but their defense really has played that bad all year.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 07:25 AM

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...yo really got him over a barrel there, don't you chief?

If he goes for one and fails, you come in here and pop off about how he wasn't thinking, and the streak, and claim how you would have done different.

Balless would be second guessing every decision, after you have the benefit of knowing the result.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
We sustained drives....I don't care how bad NE's defense is, that's at least a little bit encouraging.

Sustaining drives means nothing if it doesnt lead to getting into the endzone. Settling for FG's after long drives is discouraging and won't win with our defense.

mysticsoto
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Sustaining drives means nothing if it doesnt lead to getting into the endzone. Settling for FG's after long drives is discouraging and won't win with our defense.

After the crap we saw the last 2 wks, YR is right...it was encouraging to see sustained drives - something I wasn't sure they could do. But it certainly proved that Trent was a big part of the problem. Hopefully, nobody here is still intent on defending him or saying stupid things like a franchise QB wouldn't make a difference with this team. That's not to say we don't have holes to fill, but clearly, QB is at the top of the list.

I'd say, QB, OT, LB are the top 3.