• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS count the Bills out

When it comes to Bills fans, I'm as die-hard as they come. I know a lot of you don't believe it, but there have only been about 3 games in the Decade of Fail that I didn't watch (and 2 were before the DVR days). I go out of my way to watch every game live, and I've made big sacrifices to do it. Hell, I live out of market so it costs me $300 a year just to watch the games on TV via Sunday Ticket.

Usually, when something comes up that conflicts with the Bills game, I say "**** that, the game's on." My family and my wife have grown to accept it. Well today, there was a semi-local event that my wife wanted to attend. I was tempted to stay home and watch the game, because if we actually pulled off the win and I missed it live, I'd be pissed. In the past, I would have stayed home and watched the game by myself.

But, my lack of faith in the team superseded my extreme fanhood, and I went with my wife. I DVR'd the game and went out of my way to ensure I didn't learn the score, and I watched the recorded game after I got home. It turned out to be a great decision, as the Bills managed their typical failure.

The Bills are so important to me that I am more than willing to give up other things to watch them. And I've said before that there is no such thing as a guarantee in sports. But when the Bills have as close to zero chance of winning as possible without the chance actually being zero, well, **** that. I love this team and I want nothing more than to see them win, but I can't continue to give up other opportunities in life just to watch them lose and end up pissed off (well, more pissed off than usual).

Remember "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"? Well, that ship sailed ages ago. This pathetic ****ing team is a far cry from those days.

**** Chan Gailey.
    **** Buddy Nix.
    And most of all, **** Ralph ****ing Wilson.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 09-26-2010, 09:32 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Lesson Learned: ALWAYS count the Bills out

You were surprised we lost again?

To the Patriots no less?

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this thread.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

For the disparity in talent between these two teams, I think that Gailey kept the game as close as possible.

And I am not sure how this is Nix's fault since it is his first year.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

BTW, what was your prediction for a score before the game?

I bet it was more than an eight point difference.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
          For the disparity in talent between these two teams, I think that Gailey kept the game as close as possible.

And I am not sure how this is Nix's fault since it is his first year.
          Jan Reimers is going to come in and complain about repetition, but it bears repeating: going into the off-season, our biggest holes were QB, WR, OT, 3-4 NT and LB. We got better at NONE of those positions. I've already given the FO a pass on QB due to lack of available options, and I understand that getting better at ALL of those positions is too much to ask in one off-season. But getting better at NONE of them is simply inexcusable.

So, **** Buddy Nix.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

BTW, what was your prediction for a score before the game?

I bet it was more than an eight point difference.
            It's the team's job to win football games, not to simply surpass my personal expectations.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Jan Reimers is going to come in and complain about repetition, but it bears repeating: going into the off-season, our biggest holes were QB, WR, OT, 3-4 NT and LB. We got better at NONE of those positions. I've already given the FO a pass on QB due to lack of available options, and I understand that getting better at ALL of those positions is too much to ask in one off-season. But getting better at NONE of them is simply inexcusable.

So, **** Buddy Nix.
              you probably could add TE and 5 technique DE too...
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

It's the team's job to win football games, not to simply surpass my personal expectations.
                That is not my point.

My point is that you come in, with your ranting and raving, yet the team did better than you expected. So they did exceed what you thought they could do.

Yes it is their job to win football games. No doubt. I understand that.

I don't think you are getting my point.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I don't care if they exceeded my personal expectations. A loss is still a loss. There is no asterisk in the standings for

*=exceeded OpIv37's personal expectations.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

So, **** Buddy Nix.

I would say they did get better at LB than what they had - Torbor and Davis are upgrades over the 3-4 personal they had.

As for NT - this has been discussed - they addresses it in the 2nd round. You don't like the guy. That is fine. That does not mean they did not address it though.

QB, WR, and OT? Yep. TE? Maybe, but Nelson killed them with his love of weed or whatever.

I agree this team is terrible - but this game was by far their best game of the year. I am not sure why this team losing a close game to the Pats on the road is more worthy of a rant than the last two games.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

I don't care if they exceeded my personal expectations. A loss is still a loss. There is no asterisk in the standings for

*=exceeded OpIv37's personal expectations.
                      Forget it.

You are not listening. At all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I would say they did get better at LB than what they had - Torbor and Davis are upgrades over the 3-4 personal they had.

As for NT - this has been discussed - they addresses it in the 2nd round. You don't like the guy. That is fine. That does not mean they did not address it though.

QB, WR, and OT? Yep. TE? Maybe, but Nelson killed them with his love of weed or whatever.

I agree this team is terrible - but this game was by far their best game of the year. I am not sure why this team losing a close game to the Pats on the road is more worthy of a rant than the last two games.
                        I ranted about the last two games too, so I really don't see what you're trying to prove.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

I ranted about the last two games too, so I really don't see what you're trying to prove.
                          Meh.

Why are people acting surprised? Isn't this what we all expected?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

It's like this: several years ago, I gave up all hope of playoffs, let alone a SB. I'm just hoping for a regular season upset or two. Can we win a night game? Can we beat a team like NE, GB, or even Dallas?

I'm not expecting a win against those teams every time. I'm just saying that once every 2-3 years, one upset would be nice. But apparently, that's too much to ask.

The announcers had a telling stat today: NE is 13-0 against us over the last 13 games (well, 14-0 over 14 games now). Over the same stretch, they're 10-7 against the rest of the AFCE. Their victories over us have been a key difference in their run over the last decade. One or two upsets over a 7 year period could have changed things.

But, alas, that is too ****ing much to ask from this pathetic franchise. That's my point and that's why I'm ranting about this game. Deal with it.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                            X