• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Kyle Williams

is ****ing irrelevant as NT.

There, I said it. I know, he overachieved, and he outplayed McCargo, and he's a fan favorite, but none of that changes his mediocrity on the field

He had 2 great plays on one series when it was already too late. The rest of the game, he was Keith Ellison irrelevant.

And while we're on that topic, Keith Ellison ****ING BLOWS.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kyle Williams

He's always been nonexistant against the run. And every once in a while he'll make a play that shows up on the stat sheet and impresses people who only care about stat sheets. He's the new Schobel, and that's not a compliment.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

I don't understand what people expect from this guy...

He is not the proper size for his position, he's a 5th round pick, and he seems like a hick. The guy gives it his all every play and makes a few good ones here or there. Who is expecting more than that??

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho

He is not the proper size for his position, he's a 5th round pick, and he seems like a hick. The guy gives it his all every play and makes a few good ones here or there. Who is expecting more than that??
        Only a Bills fan would say some ****ing bull**** like this.

Technically, you are right. However, any decent franchise would NEVER put a player like Williams in a position to fail like this. The FO basically said "Uhhhh every other team in our division kicks our asses with a 3-4, so let's just make the switch. We'll worry about getting the right players later."

Hence, Williams gets ****ed over because he's being asked to do things beyond his abilities and fans get ****ed over because we don't have a true NT.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

of everyone to destroy on our defense who deserve it (pretty much everyone except McKelvin), you pick on the lone guy on the d-line who wasn't cover your eyes bad...

i mean he wasn't great... or even good, but he wasn't terrible either. he had a lot of people in the front 7 embarrassing themselves play after play that he sorta almost looked good.

weird...
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            of everyone to destroy on our defense who deserve it (pretty much everyone except McKelvin), you pick on the lone guy on the d-line who wasn't cover your eyes bad...

i mean he wasn't great... or even good, but he wasn't terrible either. he had a lot of people in the front 7 embarrassing themselves play after play that he sorta almost looked good.

weird...
            I'm picking on him because as soon as I learned we were switching to the 3-4, I said he wasn't a 3-4 NT. Yet, this stupid ****ing FO insists on using him as a 3-4 NT. That infuriates me.

Yes, there were worse players on the field (Kelsay, Maybin- you could probably keep going). But that doesn't excuse the FO for trying to shoehorn Williams into a position he clearly doesn't fit.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Only a Bills fan would say some ****ing bull**** like this.

Technically, you are right. However, any decent franchise would NEVER put a player like Williams in a position to fail like this. The FO basically said "Uhhhh every other team in our division kicks our asses with a 3-4, so let's just make the switch. We'll worry about getting the right players later."

Hence, Williams gets ****ed over because he's being asked to do things beyond his abilities and fans get ****ed over because we don't have a true NT.
              Right, which is not a knock on Williams. I have no problem with the guy.

Why hate on the guy for what the FO is doing to him?

I do agree with you that it's messed up for a professional football organization to expect Williams to be able to handle the position. Maybe they just expect him to do well enough...

What's up with Troup??

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

That's what I want to know.

Put Troup in and get him the experience- he can't be much worse than Williams. And even if he is, we're 0-3. It's not like he'll be costing us victories.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho

Because some here think he's a stud. He's been a Pro Bowl alternate.

He's being picked on because he's overrated.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

There, I said it. I know, he overachieved, and he outplayed McCargo, and he's a fan favorite, but none of that changes his mediocrity on the field

He had 2 great plays on one series when it was already too late. The rest of the game, he was Keith Ellison irrelevant.

Well, it was not too late until the final 3 min of the game. The Bills were in this game the entire day. I will bet there was no laughing done by the Pats* today at the Bills.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                      ....formerly OhBF
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                      He's always been nonexistant against the run. And every once in a while he'll make a play that shows up on the stat sheet and impresses people who only care about stat sheets. He's the new Schobel, and that's not a compliment.
                      Schobel was far better than you are obviously unwilling to give him credit for. Over our present cast of characters, he'd still be an all-pro.

As for Williams, likable player who gives great effort but he's far too often dominated. Two plays today, same series, late in the game. Nice plays, but the O pissed them away with the Fitz int......
                      Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                      own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Insert player name here is ****ing irrelevant as insert player position here.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                          • Dec 2002

Williams was not the worst of our defense yesterday. Whitner and Kelsay are first to come to mind...but the defense as a whole was putrid.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                            Williams was not the worst of our defense yesterday. Whitner and Kelsay are first to come to mind...but the defense as a whole was putrid.
                            How many pressures/sacks do the Bills defensive ends have this year? Hell, how many pressures/sacks do the Bills have as a team?
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-27-2010, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33

weird...
                              Just like the QB position. It starts with NT for a 3-4 defense. KW is getting blown up and that is forcing our LBs to take on OGs and Cs all day.

Granted Ellison is weak but KW is making it hard on everyone. Troup should be getting more snaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X