PDA

View Full Version : Our RBs

ChristopherWalken
09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think they did a fantastic job for the most part. However, how hard is it to just hit the hole at a full on run? These guys have great speed downhill, but they move too much before hitting the line of scrimmage. Lynch did a better job of pounding forward this week, yet Spiller and Jackson were all dance on the hand off.

Maybe its a matter of preference, perhaps I just prefer a smash mouth style runner? I know one thing for sure, you gain more yardage by inching forward than running parallel with the line of scrimmage.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Lynch is dancer.

billsfanryan
09-27-2010, 07:01 AM
I think they dance to wait for the hole to hopefully open up.

Mahdi
09-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Lynch is dancer.
Lynch was running over and through folks yesterday. Not sure what you were seeing. He did a great job of letting his blocks develop and then mashing it up in there. He is playing solid football.

I though Spiller did very well also.

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Lynch played well yesterday. With Spiller I think its experience. He is still adjusting to the game at the pro level. It's forcing him to think instead of playing on instinct. If you know your offense, you know the blocking schemes, know the defensive schemes, you can play, and just let your talent carry you through. He is starting to get it but it will take awhile. Jackson's performance yesterday kind of struck me as odd. I wasn't sure if he was just playing with a hidden injury, or if he was displaying his disapproval of Lynch getting to start over him. JMO

mightysimi
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Lynch played well yesterday. With Spiller I think its experience. He is still adjusting to the game at the pro level. It's forcing him to think instead of playing on instinct. If you know your offense, you know the blocking schemes, know the defensive schemes, you can play, and just let your talent carry you through. He is starting to get it but it will take awhile. Jackson's performance yesterday kind of struck me as odd. I wasn't sure if he was just playing with a hidden injury, or if he was displaying his disapproval of Lynch getting to start over him. JMO

It was like the Pats read run every time Freddy J was in there because he got hit at the line of scrimmage every time I saw him get the ball. Could be the formation or personnel that tipped them towards run.

Historian
09-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Running back is the least of my worries with this team.

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 07:59 AM
It was like the Pats read run every time Freddy J was in there because he got hit at the line of scrimmage every time I saw him get the ball. Could be the formation or personnel that tipped them towards run. That could be the case too.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Running back is the least of my worries with this team.
But it will be a worry if we dump Lynch.

Extremebillsfan247
09-27-2010, 08:05 AM
But it will be a worry if we dump Lynch.Not if we draft Ingram.. lol joking.