X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Our RBs

Don't get me wrong, I think they did a fantastic job for the most part. However, how hard is it to just hit the hole at a full on run? These guys have great speed downhill, but they move too much before hitting the line of scrimmage. Lynch did a better job of pounding forward this week, yet Spiller and Jackson were all dance on the hand off.

Maybe its a matter of preference, perhaps I just prefer a smash mouth style runner? I know one thing for sure, you gain more yardage by inching forward than running parallel with the line of scrimmage.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Our RBs

Lynch is dancer.

Comment

• billsfanryan
      • Jan 2010

I think they dance to wait for the hole to hopefully open up.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        Lynch is dancer.
        Lynch was running over and through folks yesterday. Not sure what you were seeing. He did a great job of letting his blocks develop and then mashing it up in there. He is playing solid football.

I though Spiller did very well also.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Lynch played well yesterday. With Spiller I think its experience. He is still adjusting to the game at the pro level. It's forcing him to think instead of playing on instinct. If you know your offense, you know the blocking schemes, know the defensive schemes, you can play, and just let your talent carry you through. He is starting to get it but it will take awhile. Jackson's performance yesterday kind of struck me as odd. I wasn't sure if he was just playing with a hidden injury, or if he was displaying his disapproval of Lynch getting to start over him. JMO

Comment

• mightysimi
            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
            Lynch played well yesterday. With Spiller I think its experience. He is still adjusting to the game at the pro level. It's forcing him to think instead of playing on instinct. If you know your offense, you know the blocking schemes, know the defensive schemes, you can play, and just let your talent carry you through. He is starting to get it but it will take awhile. Jackson's performance yesterday kind of struck me as odd. I wasn't sure if he was just playing with a hidden injury, or if he was displaying his disapproval of Lynch getting to start over him. JMO
            It was like the Pats read run every time Freddy J was in there because he got hit at the line of scrimmage every time I saw him get the ball. Could be the formation or personnel that tipped them towards run.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Running back is the least of my worries with this team.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mightysimi
                It was like the Pats read run every time Freddy J was in there because he got hit at the line of scrimmage every time I saw him get the ball. Could be the formation or personnel that tipped them towards run.
                That could be the case too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                  Running back is the least of my worries with this team.
                  But it will be a worry if we dump Lynch.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    But it will be a worry if we dump Lynch.
                    Not if we draft Ingram.. lol joking.

Comment

Working...
                    X