PDA

View Full Version : There is no problem!

Buffalo Thriller
09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
There is no problem with getting the top overall pick other than you had to suck balls to get it, aside from that you can't simply butcher a no.1 pick. You have your choice of everyone in the draft, best of the best. With our obvious need at QB im sure there will be 3 guys on our board for-sure. Other than that a top pick is exactly what we need.

Bill Cody
09-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the update.:up:

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 09:49 AM
I will be happy with any of the three qb's, Mallett, Locker, or Luck.

Of course the Bills and their superior wisdom will over think the pick and end up taking someone else to show everybody how smart they are.

You all know those type picks, Whitner, Maybin.

Yasgur's Farm
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Yup... Can't miss prospect... Best tackle to come out in decades... Mike Williams.

I say win as many as you can... Learning to win is far more important than tanking for a top 5!

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 10:04 AM
It's not just getting the #1 pick in the 1st round, it's getting the 1st pick in every round.

psubills62
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand why people want the #1 overall pick so desperately.

First of all, I want to see this team win. I don't want to risk going 0-16 just because some people want the top pick.

Second, the draft is not about getting the top overall pick. It's about getting the best talent where you draft, wherever that may be. We wouldn't be in this position if we actually hit on our first round picks the last 10 years or so. It's been shown you can get very good QB's outside of the top 5 picks.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
aside from that you can't simply butcher a no.1 pick.
Tim Couch and David Carr say hi.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Tim Couch and David Carr say hi.

Was JaMarcus Russell too drunk on drank greet us?

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
The pressure that goes along with being the #1 pick is enormous and sometimes too much for the city, organization, and/or player to actually handle.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Yup... Can't miss prospect... Best tackle to come out in decades... Mike Williams.

I say win as many as you can... Learning to win is far more important than tanking for a top 5!

What he said.

Also mentioned, by PSU, is that he would rather see us win, then play for a pick.

PSU, there isn't ONE ****ING SOUL in that organization doesn't want to win.

I am with you, completely. Talking about playing for picks is message board ****.

Mike
09-27-2010, 01:49 PM
What he said.

Also mentioned, by PSU, is that he would rather see us win, then play for a pick.

I am with you, completely. Talking about playing for picks is message board ****.

You must be the Guy that loved all of those 7-9 seasons

Mike
09-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Had the Bills lost a game or two more during those stretches we may have had the likes of Big Ben -who was coveted my TD and whom TD tried desperately to trade for- Patrick Willis who went one pick ahead of the Bills to SF -the Bills even tried swapping picks with SF- just to name a few

RockStar36
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
What he said.

We can all agree they aren't a playoff team, so what good is going 7-9? Might as well tank the season and get the highest possible pick.

It's the truth, sorry you don't like it. Almost all of the good teams had to bottom out at one point or another.

billz83
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
only problem with that is this team is notorious for picking BUSTS! thas the last thing we need to draft another BUST!! and well the bills couldnt draft a QB if he was the next coming of michael jordan(but football)..they'll find a way to **** it up! I still think we should get a veteran QB who KNOWS how to win..nobody wants to deal with ANOTHER BUST at QB..

BB4LIFE
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
If they get the #1 pick and blow it that could be the final nail in the coffin.

Akhippo
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
If they get the #1 pick and blow it that could be the final nail in the coffin.

If they do that then they deserve to suck, deserve to move, and deserve to lose all their fans.

You cant be afraid to have a high draft pick. Yeah, we blew all of ours the past decade, but that shouldnt prohibit us getting another one.

The team knows how to win. Thats why they have been 7-9 forever. The players we have have been playing out of their minds to get to 7 wins.

We have to stop this stupid vicious cycle of winning a handful of effort wins, just missing out on top talent, and filling the void with substandard.