PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick Continues to Come From Behind

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 11:24 AM
http://draftnasty.com/football/blogs/corey/fitzpatrick-continues-to-come-from-behind/

After all the hoopla of the yearly extravaganza that we call the NFL Draft has faded away into a fog like mist, things have a way of clearing themselves out over time. Draft predictions, scouting reports and conventional wisdom all get left behind on outdated shows, crumpled up magazines and often the external hard drives of former general managers.

Buffalo Bills' sixth-year veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick has an external hard drive of his own, and most would refer to it as his brain. The Harvard Crimson grad and former Ivy League MVP was recently named as one of the Sporting News’ 20 Smartest Athletes in professional sports. But if you think for a moment he’s needy when it comes to the mention of his smarts, think again.

Not my article and I had no input on it for full disclosure purposes.

superbills
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Good article, thanks fro sharing DB. I'm rooting for Fitzy. I've always liked the guy and he's been a serviceable backup, I just don't know if he can fix his accuracy issues at this stage in his career. If he can get those kinks worked out I think he could actually play at a fairly high level.

doomsdayvirus
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
i don't have high expectations for the guy, but wouldn't mind having him play out the remainder of this season to see what he can do before we think about drafting another QB.

this season is all about evaluating what little talent we have anyway. seeing who needs to go and who we can keep as we rebuild..... again.

Historian
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
The title of this thread has me rolling, DB!

:roflmao:

TheBrownBear
09-27-2010, 01:39 PM

I'm glad someone noted this. Laughing too hard to read the thing. :roflmao:

YardRat
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM

That explains the disclaimer in the op.

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM

it got Lecter excited