PDA

View Full Version : Levi

blln4lyf
09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Adam_Schefter (https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) (http://billszone.com/fanzone/)
Without Trent Edwards, the Bills have an open roster spot. Bills planning to re-sign QB Levi Brown, whom they released this summer.

wmoz11
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Good for him! I like him quite a bit as a potential back-up in the league.

The King
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
beat me to it... This is very anti-climactic

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Levi Brown makes Edwards look like Joe Montana.

Sorry but this guy is strong and athletic but can't hit the broad side of a barn.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
it's always anticlimactic.

just like the sabres at the trade deadline. we always think they are making a move, positioning something for a real move...and then nothing.

I have greater faith that jim irsay will pull a ralph and tell bill polian to F off, watch polian jet back tot he bills and bring peyton with him for $3 mm a year. That has more chance of happening than the bills releasing edwards and having a more substantial plan aside from watching how that doesn't change a damn thing.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Sorry but this guy is strong and athletic but can't hit the broad side of a barn.

at least he's willing to throw it at the barn?

psubills62
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
What did you guys think they were going to do?

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
LOl. HH is still trying to defend Trent.

Levi took more risks all preseason long than Trent did in the 2 regular games this season.

MikeInRoch
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
What did I want them to do? Sign Jeff Garcia.

ddaryl
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
What did you guys think they were going to do?

I just laugh... basically the rest of this season will be nothing but people *****ing up a storm even though their expecations are a top 3 draft pick... they'll still whine about the woulda coulda shoulda that would have made absolutly no difference what's so ever this seaosn.

Personally I'm happy... We need that high draft pick more then we need a 6 win season

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
at least he's willing to throw it at the barn?

That's funny ****!!!! Awesome!!:posrep:

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
LOl. HH is still trying to defend Trent.

Levi took more risks all preseason long than Trent did in the 2 regular games this season.

Loyal to a fault.

Just to be clear he will now make a post saying he wasn't defending Trent, in that post where he was defending him.

That is a real **** sandwich. I don't really care, but you know he'll be getting called out for Trent for years.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Didn't Levi Brown spew off at the mouth after he got released by us? I thought he was all pissed and dissed us. Rookie hadn't learned about not burning bridges in this league, when there are only 32 employers.

Bring him back and offer him less than what he had before. :rofl:

Johnny Bugmenot
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I think the UFL and NFL have a "no tampering" agreement. So no, that's not an option.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
What is the use of signing him at this point of the season? The guy is our age and with coming in at this time of the year would not be able to do much this year.

raphael120
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
honestly, how climatic would you want the bills to get? theyre signing a 3rd string QB, who did you want?

THATHURMANATOR
09-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Why? What would be the point of that?

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Loyal to a fault.

Just to be clear he will now make a post saying he wasn't defending Trent, in that post where he was defending him.

That is a real **** sandwich. I don't really care, but you know he'll be getting called out for Trent for years.

Yeah, I said Brown was worse than Edwards. That's really going out on a limb.

Canadian'eh!
09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
So... you cut edwards to bring back Brown, who has had a month to try to catch on to even a PS spot on any of 32 teams and could not?

This is better how exactly?

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 01:46 PM
But, but, but, the Bills scouting dept. found this hidden gem.

They work for the Bills they must know more then anyone else on finding talent. Just look at the great job they have been doing.

Oaf
09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Good for him! I like him quite a bit as a potential back-up in the league.
Why?

Jan Reimers
09-27-2010, 01:48 PM
So... you cut edwards to bring back Brown, who has had a month to try to catch on to even a PS spot on any of 32 teams and could not?

This is better how exactly?
Levi is young and may have upside. Trent is psychologically damaged and is done, at least in Buffalo.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
What is the use of signing him at this point of the season? The guy is our age and with coming in at this time of the year would not be able to do much this year.

You got a lot of young guys on this roster, it can't hurt at all to sign a veteran who is willing to really work with WR's and RB's in practice to help them with the finer points of running routes, picking up blitzes. Coaches do part of this but there is nothing like hearing it from a fellow player who is seeing it at the same time you are.

Who cares about him on the actual field on Sunday, this team isn't going to win with or without him. I think he has immense value on the practice field, if he's willing to do it.

dannyek71
09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe we are going to trade next years #1 to the Raiders for Jamarcus Russel. I mean, he was the #1 OVERALL pick a few years ago. He is worth our #1 this year. No doubt

(Yes I know he was released....but shhhh I am sure the Bills brass does not know this.)

wmoz11
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Why?

Because he's mobile, athletic, has a good arm, and seems to understand the basics of the game.

If he didn't look good, it wasn't because he isn't, but because he was getting used to a pro-style offense i.e., taking snaps under center, etc.

I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but I think he can be molded into a decent back-up.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM
BRING BACK LOSMAN

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Why? What would be the point of that?
why, he could get us one more win and screw us out of another spot in the draft order :)

tampabay25690
09-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Didn't Levi Brown spew off at the mouth after he got released by us? I thought he was all pissed and dissed us. Rookie hadn't learned about not burning bridges in this league, when there are only 32 employers.

Bring him back and offer him less than what he had before. :rofl:

Just upset like any other player.
Never dissed the Bills at all.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
How does a guy go from not being good enough for the PS, but good enough to be on the roster? Interesting.

THRILLHO
09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Can he contribute on Special Teams?

YardRat
09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
IMO Schefter is jumping to a logical conclusion and making it look like he once again has inside info.

Didn't hear anything in Gailey's presser about bringing Brown back, and pretty sure he did mention going with just two guys was a possibility.

TigerJ
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
No surprise, though I thought perhaps the Bills would sign Brown to the PS and either elevate another player at a different position from the PS, or cut another player from the PS and sign a free agent at another position.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2010, 07:23 PM
The Patriots worked out Levi Brown today. However, it was likely for a PS spot as they have an open PS spot and could use a QB there (since they only carry 2 on the roster). They also worked out another QB, Western Michigan's Tim Hiller.

acehole
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Better then being a noodle arm and not being able to hit the side of a barn.

better days
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Well, his wife is HOT. That is the only good thing I can say about him.

ChristopherWalken
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Makes the most sense as the Bills need a QB and he happens to know the playbook.