PDA

View Full Version : D Bell

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
D Bell has looked pretty darn good out there folks and I thought he was awesome yesterday.

Some want to credit the loan sack on him but I believe that was Spillers fault for not picking up the guy.

Bell has been great and I think has answered our need at LT.

We do need a RT though.

I know the interior got killed against the pack and phins, and I was wondering how they looked yesterday I really did not watch them to much was watching bell please me, and maybin and the defensive front 7 make me cry.

Lexwhat
09-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Speaking of RT -- that Cornell Green false start probably cost us at least 3 points (the Rian Lindell missed FG).

Who knows what that drive could've turned into...

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
D Bell has looked pretty darn good out there folks and I thought he was awesome yesterday.

Some want to credit the loan sack on him but I believe that was Spillers fault for not picking up the guy.

We do need a RT though.

I know the interior got killed against the pack and phins, and I was wondering how they looked yesterday I really did not watch them to much was watching bell please me, and maybin and the defensive front 7 make me cry.
Who the hell do you think you are? You think just because a player looks good, and seems to be getting better every week, you think you are allowed to be excited by that?

I agree with you, and I, sincerely, than you for making a post that was positive in nature. There are a lot of guys playing hard out there every week, and it's good to see it recognized. It is a shame that 98% of the *******s that piss and moaned about him, will never acknowledge he looks good. They will point out the one play he missed, when even Pro-Bowlers miss one.

They will either start to nit-pick, or they will just move on...or back to Whitner.

superbills
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Seriously, we have no problem replacing, then releasing, our Starting QB, but we let that unholy mess of a RT in Cornell Green stay in there week after week. I know all we have is crap to replace him with right now, but a big pile of manure actually could block better than this fool. GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Honestly I am more concerned about us having no pass rush than I am RT.

Green is not the answer and is a stop gap for this year I am fully convinced of that. Butler retiring took them by surprise and they signed someone who has been in the league for awhile. I dont blame the move but I agree he is not the answer.

However, McCargo Johnson Ellison and Stroud probably need to go next year. We need to draft a bunch of LBs and DL, and I would say one tackle to compete with Wang and Meredith for the RT spot next year. I expect Wang to be the winner with Meredith and the Rookie battling for the third tackle spot with the loser being inactive.

mysticsoto
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM

We do need a RT though.

Agreed. He looked good this one game. But now we need consistency. I'll give him props if he looks good after the Jets who are going to be trying to overload and blitz throughout the game...

Oaf
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I watched the same game you did and was not impressed at all.

Sorry to be such a Negative Nancy!

bflojohn
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I could have sworn that Kraig Urbik got some playing time at ORT yesterday. I agree with the assessment of Demetrius Bell, he held up well. The general cycle is said player is garbage, then silence, then suddenly, hey he can play, and finally, I knew all along he was Pro Bowl material.

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
I could have sworn that Kraig Urbik got some playing time at ORT yesterday. I agree with the assessment of Demetrius Bell, he held up well. The general cycle is said player is garbage, then silence, then suddenly, hey he can play, and finally, I knew all along he was Pro Bowl material.

LOL the exact same thing will happen if Spiller becomes good. Everyone will start saying it was a great pick and Nix is a solid GM.

Now if Nix had drafted Bulaga or Davis everyone would say well he drafted for need and that is not how championship teams are built (which is true you draft best player available). Then if Bulaga or Davis sucked and Spiller becomes a star it is the same thing that we are doing with Levy for passing on Ngata, Mangold, Revis, etc...

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Also I thought Bell played well against the Pack as well. Meredith was beat by Matthews not Bell, also the interior played like crap against the pack and phins.

To be honest I think Bell has been our best OL to date. I think Wood will be better, but I still would rather have wood at Center.

Night Train
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
It's amazing how much better the OL looks when a semi mobile QB with the courage to actually throw the ball is in there.

Ingtar33
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Bell was alright. he was bailed out by some good pocket presence by Fitz... but overall that was one of his better games at LT

tampabay25690
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
The good thing is he is still young and will learn.
The guy is getting better with experience......

tampabay25690
09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Jan Reimers
09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Bell will never be acceptable to some posters, because he was a no-name, low round pick, has taken some time to develop, and is not their favorite glamor guy/first rounder.

He is starting to play well and is getting better, but some on here will never notice.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Exactly. This should, in all honesty be his real 1st year starting. I remember when we drafted him, they said he could turn into our future LT but it shouldn't be until about 3 years down the road. Unfortunately he was thrust into a starting role when he wasn't ready. Here's hoping the kid pans out and continues to improve.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't watch Bell too closely in this game to be honest, so the only things that stood out to me was the whiff-block and the penalty. I'll have to focus on him next week.

Goobylal
09-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Speaking of RT -- that Cornell Green false start probably cost us at least 3 points (the Rian Lindell missed FG).

Who knows what that drive could've turned into...
That miss was all on Lindell. As it stood it was WAY to close to the post and probably stood a good chance of doinking off of it. Now if Lindell's kick was short, I can see blaming Green (who I'm not saying played well), but Lindell simply made a poor kick.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the Bills games this year (due in large part to wanting to stay away from the frustration), so that explains my silence. I'm not going to rant about how much Bell sucks when I didn't see him play. The fact remains that Bell was a huge factor in the offense's struggles last year with all of the penalties he took, and that was the predominant complaint I had against him. Penalties are a drive killer and he took way too many. Now, as I hear it, that has improved, so good for him.

What little I've seen from him, though, doesn't really wow me or indicate to me that the man is starting caliber in this league. Cordaro Howard made a marked improvement on that side of the line, so that may be able to help him.

TigerJ
09-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the Bills games this year (due in large part to wanting to stay away from the frustration), so that explains my silence. I'm not going to rant about how much Bell sucks when I didn't see him play. The fact remains that Bell was a huge factor in the offense's struggles last year with all of the penalties he took, and that was the predominant complaint I had against him. Penalties are a drive killer and he took way too many. Now, as I hear it, that has improved, so good for him.

What little I've seen from him, though, doesn't really wow me or indicate to me that the man is starting caliber in this league. Cordaro Howard made a marked improvement on that side of the line, so that may be able to help him.Bell was probably pushed into a starting role too early in his career last season. Once he rehabbed from his injury, he's had a fair amount of time to do conditioning and get stronger (weakness being one of his problems) and to work long and hard on his technique (his rawness being the other major problem he had. By all accounts, Bell has plenty of athleticism for the left tackle position, and according to Gailey has the drive and dedication to get better. It is therefore entirely possible that Bell has developed to the point where he's not a huge liability at left tackle,, and might contiue to develop to the point where he's really very good.

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Agreed. He looked good this one game. But now we need consistency. I'll give him props if he looks good after the Jets who are going to be trying to overload and blitz throughout the game...

The Jets are sure to test him, but as long as Green is out there, watch for them to attack there more often.

jamze132
09-28-2010, 05:45 AM
It's amazing how much better the OL looks when a semi mobile QB with the courage to actually throw the ball is in there.
Ding Ding Ding

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

billsfanryan
09-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Exactly. This should, in all honesty be his real 1st year starting. I remember when we drafted him, they said he could turn into our future LT but it shouldn't be until about 3 years down the road. Unfortunately he was thrust into a starting role when he wasn't ready. Here's hoping the kid pans out and continues to improve.

I have been thinking the same thing about him all along.

He was supposed to be a practice squad developmental guy that wasn't supposed to see any significant playing time until this year. He has the size and frame to play the position just lacked the experience and strength.

Dicky Jauron decided to speed things a long by throwing peters out and plugging in the guy with the same raw talent as him.

Dicky almost screwed us by playing him so early. We are lucky he recovered well from that injury last year.

On another note, I was very very very thrilled when i saw that merideth was inactive this past week. He was getting beat badly the first 2 weeks. Everytime him and bell switched there was a sack allowed.