X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

D Bell

D Bell has looked pretty darn good out there folks and I thought he was awesome yesterday.

Some want to credit the loan sack on him but I believe that was Spillers fault for not picking up the guy.

Bell has been great and I think has answered our need at LT.

We do need a RT though.

I know the interior got killed against the pack and phins, and I was wondering how they looked yesterday I really did not watch them to much was watching bell please me, and maybin and the defensive front 7 make me cry.
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: D Bell

Speaking of RT -- that Cornell Green false start probably cost us at least 3 points (the Rian Lindell missed FG).

Who knows what that drive could've turned into...

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DesertFox24
      D Bell has looked pretty darn good out there folks and I thought he was awesome yesterday.

Some want to credit the loan sack on him but I believe that was Spillers fault for not picking up the guy.

We do need a RT though.

I know the interior got killed against the pack and phins, and I was wondering how they looked yesterday I really did not watch them to much was watching bell please me, and maybin and the defensive front 7 make me cry.
      Who the hell do you think you are? You think just because a player looks good, and seems to be getting better every week, you think you are allowed to be excited by that?

I agree with you, and I, sincerely, than you for making a post that was positive in nature. There are a lot of guys playing hard out there every week, and it's good to see it recognized. It is a shame that 98% of the *******s that piss and moaned about him, will never acknowledge he looks good. They will point out the one play he missed, when even Pro-Bowlers miss one.

They will either start to nit-pick, or they will just move on...or back to Whitner.

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

Seriously, we have no problem replacing, then releasing, our Starting QB, but we let that unholy mess of a RT in Cornell Green stay in there week after week. I know all we have is crap to replace him with right now, but a big pile of manure actually could block better than this fool. GET HIM OUT OF THERE!
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Honestly I am more concerned about us having no pass rush than I am RT.

Green is not the answer and is a stop gap for this year I am fully convinced of that. Butler retiring took them by surprise and they signed someone who has been in the league for awhile. I dont blame the move but I agree he is not the answer.

However, McCargo Johnson Ellison and Stroud probably need to go next year. We need to draft a bunch of LBs and DL, and I would say one tackle to compete with Wang and Meredith for the RT spot next year. I expect Wang to be the winner with Meredith and the Rookie battling for the third tackle spot with the loser being inactive.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24

We do need a RT though.

Agreed. He looked good this one game. But now we need consistency. I'll give him props if he looks good after the Jets who are going to be trying to overload and blitz throughout the game...

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

I watched the same game you did and was not impressed at all.

Sorry to be such a Negative Nancy!

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

I could have sworn that Kraig Urbik got some playing time at ORT yesterday. I agree with the assessment of Demetrius Bell, he held up well. The general cycle is said player is garbage, then silence, then suddenly, hey he can play, and finally, I knew all along he was Pro Bowl material.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bflojohn
                  I could have sworn that Kraig Urbik got some playing time at ORT yesterday. I agree with the assessment of Demetrius Bell, he held up well. The general cycle is said player is garbage, then silence, then suddenly, hey he can play, and finally, I knew all along he was Pro Bowl material.
                  LOL the exact same thing will happen if Spiller becomes good. Everyone will start saying it was a great pick and Nix is a solid GM.

Now if Nix had drafted Bulaga or Davis everyone would say well he drafted for need and that is not how championship teams are built (which is true you draft best player available). Then if Bulaga or Davis sucked and Spiller becomes a star it is the same thing that we are doing with Levy for passing on Ngata, Mangold, Revis, etc...

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

Also I thought Bell played well against the Pack as well. Meredith was beat by Matthews not Bell, also the interior played like crap against the pack and phins.

To be honest I think Bell has been our best OL to date. I think Wood will be better, but I still would rather have wood at Center.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

It's amazing how much better the OL looks when a semi mobile QB with the courage to actually throw the ball is in there.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Bell was alright. he was bailed out by some good pocket presence by Fitz... but overall that was one of his better games at LT
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

The good thing is he is still young and will learn.
                          The guy is getting better with experience......
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

The good thing is he is still young and will learn.
                            The guy is getting better with experience......
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Bell will never be acceptable to some posters, because he was a no-name, low round pick, has taken some time to develop, and is not their favorite glamor guy/first rounder.

He is starting to play well and is getting better, but some on here will never notice.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X