PDA

View Full Version : Another wasted draft pick..

mchurchfie
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Well seeing that Trent was relased there goes another wasted 3rd round draft pick. That was a pretty sick joke that Bill Walsh pulled on Marv. Anyone remotely connected in any way with The Bill's draft in the last five years should be banished from Buffalo. What a freakin joke.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Marv Levy has to be the worst GM in Bills history!

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
He could have been the best had he taken Ngata and Mangold in the first, and then Revis in the next draft.

Granted we would still have dick jauron as our coach so maybe in the long run we will look back on this decade and thank God for Nix, Gailey, and doug Whaley (future GM if Nix and Gailey work).

Demon
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Marv Levy has to be the worst GM in Bills history!

I think Matt Millen ranks as a better GM then Levy....

streetkings01
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
That 2006 and 2007 draft is looking worse and worse as the years go by.

16 draft picks in that span......7 of those players are still on the team.......3 players are full time starters.

OpIv37
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I remember criticizing the pick on the day it was made. And getting trashed for it on this board.

There are a few people on this board who are fond of responding to other posters by saying "I'll take the opinion of the football professionals over yours. After all, if you knew what you were talking about you'd be working in the NFL instead of posting here." But, this is YET ANOTHER example of a poster on this board being smarter than the so-called "experts."

Performance dictates competence, not position or title. Our FO has been a complete embarrassment for a decade.

mchurchfie
09-27-2010, 01:14 PM
That 2006 and 2007 draft is looking worse and worse as the years go by.

16 draft picks in that span......7 of those players are still on the team.......3 players are full time starters.
Just because they are still on this team does not make them a good player or a worthy pick. Anyone off the street could come in and make this team better.

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 01:16 PM
We are assuming ML had anything to do with the draft. ML was in here to placate the fans and reassure RW that he was still making money. Still boils down to Modrak.

Oaf
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was us that ruined him. JMHO.

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was DJ and his terrible OCs that destroyed him. JMHO.

corrected.

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was us that ruined him. JMHO.

...and it is a real possibility that the concussions got him...injuries do happen. The bottom line is that he was a much better QB at one time than he is today.