X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Another wasted draft pick..

Well seeing that Trent was relased there goes another wasted 3rd round draft pick. That was a pretty sick joke that Bill Walsh pulled on Marv. Anyone remotely connected in any way with The Bill's draft in the last five years should be banished from Buffalo. What a freakin joke.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Another wasted draft pick..

Marv Levy has to be the worst GM in Bills history!

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

He could have been the best had he taken Ngata and Mangold in the first, and then Revis in the next draft.

Granted we would still have dick jauron as our coach so maybe in the long run we will look back on this decade and thank God for Nix, Gailey, and doug Whaley (future GM if Nix and Gailey work).

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Marv Levy has to be the worst GM in Bills history!
        I think Matt Millen ranks as a better GM then Levy....
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

That 2006 and 2007 draft is looking worse and worse as the years go by.

16 draft picks in that span......7 of those players are still on the team.......3 players are full time starters.
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I remember criticizing the pick on the day it was made. And getting trashed for it on this board.

There are a few people on this board who are fond of responding to other posters by saying "I'll take the opinion of the football professionals over yours. After all, if you knew what you were talking about you'd be working in the NFL instead of posting here." But, this is YET ANOTHER example of a poster on this board being smarter than the so-called "experts."

Performance dictates competence, not position or title. Our FO has been a complete embarrassment for a decade.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
              That 2006 and 2007 draft is looking worse and worse as the years go by.

16 draft picks in that span......7 of those players are still on the team.......3 players are full time starters.
              Just because they are still on this team does not make them a good player or a worthy pick. Anyone off the street could come in and make this team better.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

We are assuming ML had anything to do with the draft. ML was in here to placate the fans and reassure RW that he was still making money. Still boils down to Modrak.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was us that ruined him. JMHO.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                    Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was DJ and his terrible OCs that destroyed him. JMHO.
                    corrected.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                      Edwards made throws in 07' and in 08' that he could not/would not make in '09 and obviously '10 (look at BAM vids if you don't believe me). He could have been what Walsh thought he'd be, but it was us that ruined him. JMHO.

...and it is a real possibility that the concussions got him...injuries do happen. The bottom line is that he was a much better QB at one time than he is today.

Comment

Working...
                      X