Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Now that we're cutting our losses on busts

When is it Maybin's turn?
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Now that we're cutting our losses on busts

he's getting his audition...he played more yesterday and actually had three tackles. cutting him right now would be a complete mistake and unfair.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

It's Maybin's 2nd year, Trent's 4th. I think we should continue to develop Maybin in the weight room, and see how he does.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        It's Maybin's 2nd year, Trent's 4th. I think we should continue to develop Maybin in the weight room, and see how he does.
        I'm not convinced he's ever going to be anything but a towel boy but the guy has played less than 50 NFL plays. He didn't take himself out of the lineup. Let him play and let's see if he has anything.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Maybin looked HORRIBLE yesterday but with that being said I have no idea why you would want to cut him now?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Maybin looked HORRIBLE yesterday
            Agreed.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            but with that being said I have no idea why you would want to cut him now?
            So they don't have to waste millions of dollars to find out he's a bust? The NFL is a business and the money spent on this guy is a waste. Cut your losses.
            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

If we cut all the absolute bums, we won't be able to field a team next Sunday.

I HATE Maybin more then anyone, but i think Cornell Green and Donte Whitner are ahead of the pecking order.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I'd dump McCargo first.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Agreed.

So they don't have to waste millions of dollars to find out he's a bust? The NFL is a business and the money spent on this guy is a waste. Cut your losses.

Millions?? He is not earning millions this year. He got the big guarenteed money - his base salary isn't killing the payroll.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                    If we cut all the absolute bums, we won't be able to field a team next Sunday.
                    They could pay somebody the league minimum and get more production out of him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      Millions?? He is not earning millions this year. He got the big guarenteed money - his base salary isn't killing the payroll.
                      8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal includes $15 million guaranteed. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2010: $395,000, 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

Looks to me like they would save around $5 million.
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-27-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Demon
                        • Mar 2003

They could pay somebody the league minimum and get more production out of him.
                        True.
                        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal includes $15 million guaranteed. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2010: $395,000, 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

Looks to me like they would save around $6 million.
                          Incorrect. how much of the $17million was guaranteed? How much of that is signing bonus that is already paid (they cannot "save" that)? What is his base salary for this year? He made $1.45 million last year. He is not making $6million this year. Long term savings might be larger but his salary this year is insignificant.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Looks to me like they would save around $5 million.
                            Let's make a deal. Let him finish puberty, then we'll reassess.

The guaranteed money would be a complete loss, which it may be already but I'd rather wait and see.

Maybin didn't draft himself, and is still developing.

Surely you can understand that, being the logical man of reason you are, right? This is odd behavior from you, usually your one line posts announcing how bad we suck, and who we should get rid of, contain no useful information, at all. Providing the contract numbers wad useful...see ther is a first time for everything!!

We cut Edwards, as much for his good as ours, and the headhunters are out!!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

not cutting maybin after 2 years idiotic

give him another offseason to learn his roll get bigger and maybe learn a pass rush move, to young to give up on him now.

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X