PDA

View Full Version : 2007 draft - 3 years later

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
The draft gurus always say you need 3 years to judge your draft

Well here goes,

1. Marshawn lynch - capable back who got into trouble. doesn't want to be here anymore. replacement drafted already
2. poz - can't stay in one poz. Perpetually injured, hardly a game changer. a suitable linebacker if other stars emerged.
3. trent edwards - Cut
4. Dwayne Wright - cut and out of football
5. John Wendling - currently jumping 6 feet over the unemployment office couches for quarters
6. Derek Schouman - Injured
7. CJ "***" Ah you - never on the team.

This front office put the two F's in Buffalo.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Just think if the Bills didn't get that meaningless win at the end of the season. Patrick Willis would be a Bill.

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Wendling is on the Lions, no?

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Just think if the Bills didn't get that meaningless win at the end of the season. Patrick Willis would be a Bill.

Somehow the black cloud would have hung over Willis and he would be injured.

Demon
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM

But, but, but, people say theres no such thing as a meaningless win in the NFL, they add confidence to the team!!!!

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
But, but, but, people say theres no such thing as a meaningless win in the NFL, they add confidence to the team!!!!
Right, 3 years later how much confidence did it give the Bills?

psubills62
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
With the way this team drafted, they would have taken Lynch anyway.

Like Patrick Willis is the difference between a crappy team and a great one? Anyone notice that his team with a heck of a lot more talent than ours has the same record? Willis would have spent the last 4 years wasting away on this team and wanting out, just like Lynch.

It's not one win and one pick - it's a myriad of picks. The fact that we drafted 11th instead of 10th didn't ruin this team, it's all the crappy high draft picks.

streetkings01
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
The 2002-2010 drafts have looked bad for us!

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
2008 will be fun to evaluate next year as well. that's lining up to be a ****tastic draft as well.

Ginger Vitis
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM

They lost there last 2 games of the 2006 season.. And if they had beaten the Titans and Ravens they would have gotten a wildcard birth..

BB4LIFE
09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Since 2004, is there one draft pick that you can say they actually hit on?

ServoBillieves
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM

Jairus Byrd.

raphael120
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Jairus Byrd.

what's he done so far this year?

streetkings01
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Since 2004, is there one draft pick that you can say they actually hit on?Aaron Maybin

TacklingDummy
09-27-2010, 03:36 PM
HH hit on Trent.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Wanna hear something sad?

C.J. Ah You (excuse me) would be tied for the team lead in sacks this season with 1. He's on the Rams, who knew?

SquishDaFish
09-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Well here goes,

1. Marshawn lynch - capable back who got into trouble. doesn't want to be here anymore. replacement drafted already
2. poz - can't stay in one poz. Perpetually injured, hardly a game changer. a suitable linebacker if other stars emerged.
3. trent edwards - Cut
5. John Wendling - currently jumping 6 feet over the unemployment office couches for quarters

That was some funny **** had me chuckle

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Well here goes,

1. Marshawn lynch - traded to Seattle.
3. trent edwards - Cut

updated.

Can we give them a lower grade now?

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Marv Levy was a colossal failure as a GM.

Ebenezer
10-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Marv Levy was a colossal failure as a GM.
again, we don't know if he had anything to do with the draft at all or not. we do know that Tom Modrak is a colossal failure picking draftees.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2010, 10:13 PM
again, we don't know if he had anything to do with the draft at all or not. we do know that Tom Modrak is a colossal failure picking draftees.

All of the personnel moves that were done when Levy was here have been epic failures.

Not one single personnel move in that time was worth any merit.

Buddo
10-06-2010, 05:00 AM
All of the personnel moves that were done when Levy was here have been epic failures.

It's easy to make Levy the scapegoat. I'm not so convinced he should be carrying the can, as much as Jauron and Guy. Jauron pretty much had the final say on just about all personnel moves in the time he was here, which incidentally coincided with all of Levy's stint, and more.
Levy's mistake, was giving Jauron the job.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2010, 05:45 AM
But we do not know how much influence Modrak had in making the picks, either. That's the problem - assigning blame to specific individuals when we don't know their exact responsibilities.

elltrain22
10-06-2010, 06:00 AM

lol

Tatonka
10-06-2010, 07:41 AM
i went back and looked at our last 9 drafts since 2000 last night.. it is literally enough to make you puke.. then on top of that.. you see a ton of guys like miles austin, piere thomas, tony romo, and antonio gates that other teams are getting as undrafted free agents... the worst part is that there are several drafts were all of the picks around ours were strong.. all the players are good to great, except our pick.. we dont have a good 1st round pick at all.

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
But we do not know how much influence Modrak had in making the picks, either. That's the problem - assigning blame to specific individuals when we don't know their exact responsibilities.

That is also true. For all we know RW or the infamous cab driver might have been making the draft picks. :brilliant:

Tatonka
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
i think a cab driver could have done better.

billz83
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
this is crazy because i was getting maddd **** for saying it was a HORRIBLE draft and all that and a lotta the koolaid drinkers were actin like we goin to the playoffs! hahahahaha..i wanted to fix this OLINE! so now when everything is said and done lynch is gone(he was a beast too bad the bills are a crappy team with NO OLINE!) and poz is CONSTANTLY INJURED!! what a horrible draft yet again which continues to prove the BILLS CAN NOT DRAFT! they suck beyond comprehension at drafting and yet this incompetent organization thinks thas how they will fix this team hahaha..

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM

He did sign Fred Jackson.

That is worth merit dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Bryon Scott was a good move for an in-season pick-up.

2 out of 70 is not too bad, is it?

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
this is crazy because i was getting maddd **** for saying it was a HORRIBLE draft and all that and a lotta the koolaid drinkers were actin like we goin to the playoffs! hahahahaha..i wanted to fix this OLINE! so now when everything is said and done lynch is gone(he was a beast too bad the bills are a crappy team with NO OLINE!) and poz is CONSTANTLY INJURED!! what a horrible draft yet again which continues to prove the BILLS CAN NOT DRAFT! they suck beyond comprehension at drafting and yet this incompetent organization thinks thas how they will fix this team hahaha..

What's your deal?

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
What's your deal?

I lol'd

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/3412-1262290996.gif

we are
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
what's he done so far this year?

wow 4 games, lets cut the guy

dannyek71
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
we dont have a good 1st round pick at all.

umm I see you are forgetting about John McCargo. Solid as they come.

dannyek71
10-06-2010, 01:59 PM

I am glad you found some time to research the Bills after finishing your English PhD.

billz83
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
What's your deal?

my deal?!? i dunno what ur talkin bout?! y am i so pissed?! if thas what u mean itz cuz my team has BEEN GARBAGE for the last decade and im tired of summa the koolaid drinkin homers that think nothing is wrong with this organization..and summa u actually defend the incompetence here..summa u prolly were happy as hell we resigned chris kelsay..the majority of us are PISSED about crackheaded decisions like this..summa u so called fans dont give a rats a** what they do..for all u care we could suck for another 20 years and ull still be like well it takes 3 years to rebuild!

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
my deal?!? i dunno what ur talkin bout?! y am i so pissed?! if thas what u mean itz cuz my team has BEEN GARBAGE for the last decade and im tired of summa the koolaid drinkin homers that think nothing is wrong with this organization..and summa u actually defend the incompetence here..summa u prolly were happy as hell we resigned chris kelsay..the majority of us are PISSED about crackheaded decisions like this..summa u so called fans dont give a rats a** what they do..for all u care we could suck for another 20 years and ull still be like well it takes 3 years to rebuild!

summa us was prolly happy as hell we resigned chris kelsay???!!?

reed otha threds dawg..we ubiquitously apozed da extneshon!!!???...,,,;;;'''[[[]]]\\\===---!@#$$%^&*()<>?:"{}|+_

billz83
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
summa us was prolly happy as hell we resigned chris kelsay???!!?

reed otha threds dawg..we ubiquitously apozed da extneshon!!!???...,,,;;;'''[[[]]]\\\===---!@#$$%^&*()<>?:"{}|+_

i didnt mean u specifically but whateva..anyway u can try actin funny on that ebonics tip if u like but we all know in REAL LIFE u wouldnt dare get on this racist tip cuz we all know what would happen to people like u in REAL LIFE..so if u like to speak wit a **** up ur a** then u go ahead but dont tell otherz how to speak or type u douchebag.

RoscoeMagic
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
i didnt mean u specifically but whateva..anyway u can try actin funny on that ebonics tip if u like but we all know in REAL LIFE u wouldnt dare get on this racist tip cuz we all know what would happen to people like u in REAL LIFE..so if u like to speak wit a **** up ur a** then u go ahead but dont tell otherz how to speak or type u douchebag.

I'm not a racist, I just watched Friday last night. :afro:

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

:kid:

billz83
10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I am glad you found some time to research the Bills after finishing your English PhD.

and im glad u found time to tell me how u felt after u took that D*** out ur A**..now itz time for u and ur cornball family to go have sum tea..

billz83
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm not a racist, I just watched Friday last night. :afro:

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

:kid:

hahaha aightt well that ebonics talk where u makin funna how we talk is racist just so u know..and if u do that in the hood ud get KNOCKED THE **** OUT..sooo dont say i didnt warn u.

ddaryl
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
well what can we say... it's the bad drafting for a decade that will keep this team from making a quick return to a winning franchise.

This is Pre Nix... We're pretty much going to have to wipe the slate clean from here... We are litterally starting from scratch

G Wolly
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
hahaha aightt well that ebonics talk where u makin funna how we talk is racist just so u know..and if u do that in the hood ud get KNOCKED THE **** OUT..sooo dont say i didnt warn u.

It's not racist if you insult yourself by typing like that.

Ebenezer
10-06-2010, 03:54 PM
OK, take the personal conversation to Message-land...back on topic.

ddaryl is correct. In two years there is going to be very few players left from the roster Nix inherited.