PDA

View Full Version : Why??? How???

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
The screaming for heads has begun.

What were Chan and Buddy thinking? How could they not see that Edwards was bad?

Listening to WGR and reading the boards, the move shows a new level of ineptitude.

Let's start with this...Fitz goes down, how good was Edwards going to be when he came in and started his **** show? That is a competent back up? The dude is damaged goods.

Schefter tweeted earlier that the Bills were shopping Edwards all preseason. Do you think that maybe they were trying to drive his value up, and hopefully not sink the ship in the process. After doing what he did in the first two weeks, there was no choice but to part ways.

Then the rumor we were shopping him this week...wow. That is putting a "for sale" sign in your car, when it's broken down on the side of the road. "Look 'er over, but don't overlook 'er...she's a runner!"

I am not saying it was a complete conspiracy, but from the sound of the presser today, it sounds like the team takes that guy that got cut from GB a lot more seriously that previously thought.

That had to hurt a little bit for all the "Where's the Brohm fans?" guys.

I guess that, really, at the end of all of this, I found it interesting that Edwards was (allegedly) being shopped all preseason. That is news to me, and most here, I am sure. If you are shopping him, what is the intent.

Maybe they let him play in the preseason, because "it's only preseason."

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Who cares. They made the right move, it just took about a month too long. AT least they are doing something. The old regime would just keep trotting Trent or JP, or whomever out there week after week in hopes of a magical miracle that turned chicken **** into chicken salad.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I give them just as much credit for outright dumping Trent as I do for pulling him after two horrible games to start the season.

WGR is just impossible to listen to...even when the team was winning, they were trying to cut off the organization's nuts.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 03:08 PM
are you sure you aren't Wilson's Kid or Brandon's Kid?

There is no rhyme or reason to what they are doing. half the time the don't listen to the fans, then they try to appease the fans with the TO signing and trent cutting.

Have a freaking strategy and stick with it.

The sink is shipping and this was a desperate attempt to bail water. it makes no difference one way or the other. I don't know how you can continue to find something like "a plan" on this team.

cocamide
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
The sink is shipping and this was a desperate attempt to bail water.

You're a fresh of breath air.

Night Train
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Listening to WGR and reading the boards, the move shows a new level of ineptitude.

Listening to WGR does show a new level of ineptitude.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I wonder how many QBs in the history of the NFL who were week 1 starters are on the street before week 4 not due to an injury.

Mad Max
09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/02-04-2009/Ralph-Wilson.jpg

"No no no, my fingerprints are NOT on this move. Trent was like a son to me."

-RW Jr.

HAMMER
09-27-2010, 03:28 PM

The only job safer than Modraks appears to be the clowns at WGR. I can't believe how bad they are at what they do and yet they keep trotting them out. I know there has got to be more talent in Buffalo.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
You're a fresh of breath air.

because i'm the bad guy in all this awful football.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM

I suppose. I should have just read all of the Michael Vick, Whitner, Maybin threads and went from there.

I wanted to hear Chan, but looking back, it makes much more sense to not hear any other discussion, and just make "doom and gloom" threads.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM

You're not the bad guy... It's like Dave Mason said: "There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy. There's only you and me, and we just disagree."

I am not the offspring of anybody at OBD, but at least I'm consistent. This must be a "no meds day." Your rant almost had me, but it is hard to believe there is no direction. It obviously isn't your direction, but there is a direction.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/02-04-2009/Ralph-Wilson.jpg

"No no no, my fingerprints are NOT on this move. Trent was like a son to me."

-RW Jr.

I buy that. That seems believable. I am not one who just screams "Ralph!" about every decision they make.

I am curious...as there are plenty of insults, but no answers to the question about what happens if Fitz goes down, and Trent comes in? What value does he have? Why not use the roster spot for either an additional QB, or something totally nuts like a player that can tackle?

The guy had no further usefulness to this team. I felt it was interesting that we were shopping him all preseason.

Lynch is supposedly only playing because we are showcasing him for a trade. That seems accepted as fact, but a similar situation with Edwards is nuts?

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
we disagree. that's fine.

but how many times do you want to get burned by this organization. I'm fairly new to the "no hope" angle"

i just see more bumbling than what's normal.

wozrob11
09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
trent sucked !!!! period .we gave him 4 years in the nfl you either sink or swim

cocamide
09-27-2010, 05:15 PM

I guess you didn't understand the joke. You said the sink is shipping, so I replied with another incorrect idiom from our beloved Robert Royal, "You're a fresh of breath air."

Mr. Pink
09-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Since this thread has had some fun sayings already...

The move of benching and then releasing Trent Edwards is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
WGR is just impossible to listen to...even when the team was winning, they were trying to cut off the organization's nuts. Hard to make that comparison considering they haven't been winning since the Chuck Dickerson era, when the station was still a news/talk station. OK, maybe one year when they were playoff contenders with Bledsoe, but is that it?