PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts and observations

Eventually
09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
A lot of this will be, uh...yeah sort of stuff, but nonetheless I have a lot of things that just surprise the heck out of me this year, Bills and non-bills related?

1. Glad he's gone, but I am SHOCKED they couldn't even get a 2013 7th round pick for Trent. I'm like this with a lot of the guys we just cut, sure, damaged goods, not good for us, but really, it just amazes me, as bad as any player is for one team, that no one would be willing to part with throwaway picks....or perhaps it's just that management didn't try all that hard in the first place.

2. Ray Gone....Another shocker. Sure the niners played some very uninspired offensive ball these past 3 weeks, but what about all that talk about how Smith will finally develop having the same oc for multiple years...guess that aint' happening and Kind of feel bad for Alex, he's that type of QB that will only be good if the system is built around him.

3. KC 3-0, saw only their first game, but the first two weeks it was all Romeo, now in week 3, Weiss starts up....All this tells me, sure I'm being a non-believer, is that those 3 opponents aren't what many thought they were, but mostly it tells me that Haley has stayed out of his coordinators affairs... IMO they'll be right in the top 10 draft talk at years end though.

4. I thought Steve Johnson would be horrible coming off the bench, just as I thought Roscoe was better suited as the 3rd, really thought they were screwing around with Roscoe, even though I agreed on the Johnson demotion, thought David Nelson, "you know our backup Tight End" should have gotten the 2 and keep roscoe put.....Boy, I was wrong on this one.

5. Who is the worst team in Football...Certainly not us after that game yesterday....IMO it's between Jax and Cleveland. In fact I think STL, and Carolina are worse than us right now too

6. Wonder how long before Trent signs on with the cards or niners? I'll give him to the end of the week

7. I really hope Urbik can get going soon, or they can find another option for RT, because Green may be the absolute Worst RT I've seen in years, in the NFL.

8. I find it truly amazing how Peyton Manning can make any WR look like an elite talent regardless if they are uber talented at all....From Gonzalex to Garcon to Collie to Blair White....If I was polian I'd be on the phone trying to pick up 3rd or 4ths for one of these guys?

9. Watching the Jags/eagles game yesterday they kept showing Kolb cheerleading for Vick....He must love earning that contract he signed to sit the bench....If I were Arizona, who really is a QB away from locking that West up, I'd be calling Reid as to his availability....I'd like him in Buffalo, but I'm gunshy still because of our Trade for RJ years ago based on limited tape...if it were cheap enough I'd be all over it...

10. I thought the D played pretty well the first couple games but the apparent weakness are the LB's....Anyone with a competent QB and decent line can afford the luxury for the TE, 3rd or 4th guy go across the middle...almost automatic... LB has to be high on the draft board/FA search next year...IT has to.

Buffalo Thriller
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
St.Louis won against the redskins, that's more than we can say.

Eventually
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
yeah it is more than we can say, just my take on them, they will struggle all year. They really don't have a receiver they can hang their hat on, at least we have Evans. They QB is learning the NFL game, their line isn't great, and their defense is not very good.

We are definitely in the conversation with them and the other bottom teams, without a doubt, I just don't see us finishing behind them as the year progresses....