X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

It is simple. Chan thought he could resurrect Trent

This is the obvious answer to todays questions about cutting Edwards.

Chan saw things in the tapes and in Training camp and preseason that lead him to believe he could get Edwards going. As soon as the real games began Trent was back to his old tricks Chan/Nix cut ties.

I don't really see what else could have been done at QB this offseason. There was no one they liked in the draft and there was nothing on the FA market.

I applaud them for cutting ties like they did today. It is a given the Brandon/Jauron would have kept Trent on the team and probably re inserted him as starter at some point.
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: It is simple. Chan thought he could resurrect Trent

Some people just don't have the moxie. I guess Bill Walsh was wrong (again), he also said Rick Mirer was the next Joe Montana. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, errr, coach.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
      Some people just don't have the moxie. I guess Bill Walsh was wrong (again), he also said Rick Mirer was the next Joe Montana. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, errr, coach.
      Exactly.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

To act like this was a completely inept act by the team as so many on here and on the radio are doing is totally misguided in my opinion.

We really didnt have any other options.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
          Some people just don't have the moxie.
          coughmaybincough

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Chan saw things in the tapes and in Training camp and preseason that lead him to believe he could get Edwards going. As soon as the real games began Trent was back to his old tricks Chan/Nix cut ties.

I don't really see what else could have been done at QB this offseason. There was no one they liked in the draft and there was nothing on the FA market.

I applaud them for cutting ties like they did today. It is a given the Brandon/Jauron would have kept Trent on the team and probably re inserted him as starter at some point.
            Brandon is still with the organization!!

Let's hope Chan get get Fittzy better each week
            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Hogwasher
              • Aug 2010

I also like the decision because i felt the reason trent failed is because he lacked courage. He could not find it in himself to play with abandon. You don't want someone like that on your team.

Comment

• BigZ
                • Sep 2003

I think you're right that Chan thought he could fix Trent. Took guts to admit he couldn't so quickly.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

I get where you are going with this but if the fans on this board, me excluded, thought he was done and our coach didn't it just makes him look like a loser.

Winners win. They are luckier than good sometimes. As far as I'm concerned this is strike one against Nix and Gailey.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

And on another note, on a clear day the sky is also blue.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                      • Jul 2009

There really wasn't a QB worthy of a high pick this year. Chan had a has been and 2 never will bes and took a shot at the has been.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I honestly feel it was as simple as Chan needed to see first hand what he had in him. And being a good football mind, he realized he wasn't going to ever be the answer. At that point he cut him to give him a shot elsewhere.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

if they believed in him 2 bad games is not enough to get him cut from the team. There is much more to this than you think thurm.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

if they believed in him 2 bad games is not enough to get him cut from the team. There is much more to this than you think thurm.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                              • Jul 2009

Those were a pretty bad 2 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X