PDA

View Full Version : How much did Ralph have to do with Edwards being demoted and cut??

Ebenezer
09-27-2010, 04:32 PM
An open competition? TE's job to lose? Demoted and then cut?

How does this all come about in two weeks?

This has RW's trademark MO all over it.

Michael82
09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I think Ralph was the only reason why Edwards got the chances he got, including being handed the starting job. Chan Gailey gave him an audition and he failed miserably, so he chose to dump him.

Ground Chuck
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I love the Ralph conspiracy theories.

Anyone with half a brain who watched the first two games this year had enough of Edwards.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure Ralph is lucid enough to have that much input anymore. There's a reason Russ Brandon has the CEO designation now.

Joe Fo Sho
09-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I would be furious if I was the guy signing Trent's paychecks.

Typ0
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
agreed but we'll never know the truth.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM

This has RW's trademark MO all over it.

Your Ralph conspiracy threads are getting as repetitive as Patti's end time threads.

Not every move they make is a Ralph conspiracy.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Jesus....this forum is getting worse than the Spin Zone. 9/11 and AGW have a lot more debatable merit than the daily 'Ralph shot JR' tripe.

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure Ralph is lucid enough to have that much input anymore. There's a reason Russ Brandon has the CEO designation now.

Lucid or not, the past year or so does point to Ralph Wilson being far less engaged with the Bills than ever. While we debate his wisdom, his meddling, his choices (and lack thereof) of GM's, and his all-time blunder of firing Polian, Ralph's time here on earth may well be near it's end.

I'll respect the man, and will refrain from direct attacks on him. Yet his decisions, will remain fair game.

malo
09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
you know... I was wondering the opposite. How much did Ralph have to do with Edwards getting the starting job to begin with?

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
if there truly was a legit qb competition the both Fitz and Brohm would have had a chance to play with the 1st team in preseason games.

Both Fitz and Brohm would have probably looked just as good or better than Trent .

Sigh, we most likely would have beaten the gay sharks.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Your Ralph conspiracy threads are getting as repetitive as Patti's end time threads.

Not every move they make is a Ralph conspiracy.

Actually Ralph is pretty much behind every decision. Not sure why you would believe otherwise.

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Actually Ralph is pretty much behind every decision. Not sure why you would believe otherwise.

That may have been the case up until recently, but the lack of Wilson commentary or sighting should be speaking volumes. It tells me, he's fading.....

PromoTheRobot
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
The 5 phases of all Bills moves:

1) Ralph had something to do with it
2) Ralph did it to save money
3) Ralph is too old and senile to have done it
4) Ralph is so old and senile he absolutely did it.
5) Ralph is cheap.

PTR

Dujek
09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
No, I just think Chan finally realised that Edwards was one turd he couldn't polish.

For the first two weeks Gailey was questioning his own play calling, and partly blaming himself for making Edwards look bad. Then he saw what Fitz was able to do with the plays he called and realised Edwards had to go.

jamze132
09-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Edwards won't be the only Bill this season to get cut. Nix and Gailey are constantly evaluating who has a future in the system. There is absolutely no reason to keep a guy on the roster if you already know he has not future. Might as well release or trade the dead weight and bring in an unkown and see what happens.

OpIv37
09-28-2010, 07:41 AM
The 5 phases of all Bills moves:

1) Ralph had something to do with it
2) Ralph did it to save money
3) Ralph is too old and senile to have done it
4) Ralph is so old and senile he absolutely did it.
5) Ralph is cheap.

PTR

In Eb's defense, there is a history here. No one would be able to say any of things if Ralph a) didn't have such a long history of making bad high-level decisions and b) didn't have such a long history in meddling in lower-level decisions that should be left to football guys.

YardRat
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
b) didn't have such a long history in meddling in lower-level decisions that should be left to football guys.

I'd like to see something...anything...other than speculation that actually supports this 'fact'.

Typ0
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
how many historical examples are there of a QB starting and after getting benched for one week getting cut?

Extremebillsfan247
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM

This has RW's trademark MO all over it. I will answer with a question of my own. How much did Ralph Wilson have to do with Kelsay's contract extension? Both have a similar answer. Find out next time on Ripley's Believe it, or not... lol

Commissioner
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I really believe when both Gailey and Nix saw Edwards basically GIVE UP 2 weeks in row by checking down at the end of the Miami game and then running out of bounds on 4th down vs the Packers.... they said screw this dude. He doesn't have the mentality we want. They cut ties quickly.

Think about it... Gailey told them to snap the ball out of bounds in hopes of getting the ball back one last time.... we get the ball back, and Edwards doesn't chuck the ball down field once when we need a last second touchdown.

Then, even though we are getting blown out, Edwards runs out of bounds on 4th down without even given one of his WR's a chance to make a play for a 1st down.

I think that disgusted both of them, and they decided they didn't need to see anymore.... and cut ties.

Cleve
09-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I really believe when both Gailey and Nix saw Edwards basically GIVE UP 2 weeks in row by checking down at the end of the Miami game and then running out of bounds on 4th down vs the Packers.... they said screw this dude. He doesn't have the mentality we want. They cut ties quickly.

Both of these incidents were HIGHLY predictable for anyone with half a brain that had watched the majority of Edward's 32 starts prior to 2010.

The guy's nickname was CAPTAIN CHECKDOWN for cryin' out loud! How could Gailey be oblivious to facts that were painfully obvious to everyone else? Honestly, I can't believe that he, as professional football coach, was.

No, I do not think Gailey wanted Edwards for 2010.... I'll bet it was another kooky, oddball Ralph Wilson decision to keep Edwards. I'll bet it took those two squalid outtings and the team going down the toilet and the specter of ticket and merchandise sales tanking that enabled Gailey/Nix to convince the "Front Office" to get RID of Spent Edwards.

Commissioner
09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Both of these incidents were HIGHLY predictable for anyone with half a brain that had watched the majority of Edward's 32 starts prior to 2010.

The guy's nickname was CAPTAIN CHECKDOWN for cryin' out loud! How could Gailey be oblivious to facts that were painfully obvious to everyone else? Honestly, I can't believe that he, as professional football coach, was.

I watched Trent Edwards the last 3 years... despite him checking the ball down... i never thought at the end of the game he would basically not even try to make a play. I've never seen him run out of bounds on 4th down... I don't care how much film Gailey watched on him... i don't think there was anyway to tell that he had a quitters mentality. I was shocked when he did it.