PDA

View Full Version : Donte Whitner Doesn't Like me

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 05:26 PM
"Blocked" me from Twitter because he doesn't like what I wrote about him...

Guy makes millions, and he's worried about some self-admitted hack that scrapes out a living pens about him on a website?

And he's mad because I legitimately questioned him about a reporter I know at the game Sunday who told me that Whitner ducked out of the locker room after the game and didn't speak to reporters.

For someone who TALKS as much as he does, he really needs to get some thicker skin.. ****, I'm poor and I deal with harsh criticism daily, and Im a nobody. .He's famous.. Deal with the negativity like a man.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Does this surprise anyone? The guy's a prima donna whose mouth is even bigger than the target on his back by opposing QBs.

Donte "No class or cover skills" Whitner

Mad Max
09-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Guy makes millions, and he's worried about some self-admitted hack that scrapes out a living pens about him on a website?

And he's mad because I legitimately questioned him about a reporter I know at the game Sunday who told me that Whitner ducked out of the locker room after the game and didn't speak to reporters.

For someone who TALKS as much as he does, he really needs to get some thicker skin.. ****, I'm poor and I deal with harsh criticism daily, and Im a nobody. .He's famous.. Deal with the negativity like a man.

That's a mangina move to be sure. But within his character, so no surprise.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
He wrote, and I quote
" I read ur timeline Pat lol ur right I am gonna block people imma start with u "

and he did.

Mad Max
09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
He wrote, and I quote
" I read ur timeline Pat lol ur right I am gonna block people imma start with u "

and he did.

El Douche.

You should have some fun with this, call into one of the Buffalo sports radio shows with your story...they'll definately put you on after they screen you.

DMBcrew36
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Meh, who cares

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Meh, who cares

Well about me, nobody- nor should you. . But when it comes to an alleged team leader, I do.. He LOVES to talk to the media, but can't take ANY criticisim from it.

It stems from what I wrote about him late last week...
------------------------
It doesn’t take a football authority to critique how much the Buffalo Bills have disappointed; not only thus far in 2010 but for the better part of the past decade. The Bills are 0-2 and look far more like a team ready for a fight to evade having the worst record in the entire NFL than a squad ready to halt a decade long playoff drought. It’s testing enough losing so habitually, but according to one Buffalo player, opponents have taken to (literally) laughing the Bills off the field.

In a post by Bills.com lead journalist Chris Brown (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/22/they-were-laughing-at-us/), Bills safety Donte Whitner stated that Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and other players were getting a good chuckle out of the Bills near the conclusion of their 34-7 shellacking last Sunday.

“It happened last week,” Whitner told Brown. ”The Packers were laughing at us. Aaron Rodgers and a lot of those guys were laughing at us toward the end of the football game and that never feels good.”

Whitner also said in the interview that Green Bay hasn’t been the only team to get giggles at Buffalo’s expense. He claims this week’s opponent, the New England Patriots have done the exact same thing.

“Yeah, by the end of the fourth quarter they’re laughing at us,” Whitner also told Brown. ”It always happens. We can’t keep allowing that to happen. Guys go out there and they work too hard. When you don’t come out the way that you prepare all week and all offseason to come out then there’s obviously something wrong.”

I find it peculiar that Whitner is the one publicly doing the complaining. Along with teammate Drayton Florence, Whitner typically leads the weekly brigade in Twitter smack talk. He rattles off several tweets boasting how ready and prepared his team is to win up until game time, then threatens to “block” frustrated fans come Monday morning when they’re ready to sound off after another abysmal team performance that he’s a big part of.

Especially ironic when you consider about the only time we ever seem to read or hear about Whitner is because of something he said– not something he did on Sundays.

I understand Whitner’s frustration. He’s an athlete and a man with plenty, maybe even too much pride. I also get that the meat and potatoes of his gripe with opposition laughter is because of his team’s own performance. No matter what, you can’t ever take away his passion for the game and desire to see his team succeed.

But one area where Whitner is undoubtedly correct is the only way to shut up the Patriots or other teams from suffering comedic induced bellyaches is by going out and winning. Since he is one of the team leaders, it’d be a good start for him to be the one who steps up and creates game-impacting plays– and 15 yards down the field shoulder tackles don’t qualify.

He’s in his fifth season in the league and up until this point, that unmistakably hasn’t happened. Maybe in part they’re laughing at the eighth overall pick of the 2006 draft that’s started 55 games yet only has four interceptions, two forced fumbles and one sack—for his career.

Or maybe they’re laughing at an offense that’s produced 17 points in two games and is dead last in the league in total yards.

Or maybe they’re laughing at a defense that had plenty of preseason self-hype yet has produced zero interceptions, zero forced fumbles and only three sacks in two weeks.

This is the same guy who guaranteed the Bills would make the playoffs in 2008. Buffalo finished the season 7-9.

That’s hard to not laugh at.

don137
09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Heck I have never been on twitter but whenever he posts something it always shows up here and usually followed by about twenty negative posts about how he is all talk and does not back it up. Basically a weekly occurance.

At this point people are better off ignoring his tweets. Never seen anything positive come his tweets. If Donte covered the player he is covering as well as he covered what the media said about him he would be a great player.

Mad Max
09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
[snip]Especially ironic when you consider about the only time we ever seem to read or hear about Whitner is because of something he said– not something he did on Sundays. [snip]

ZING! Truth hurts I guess.

DBrown77
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
He was the leading tackler this week on the Bills. 7-2

Scumbag College
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Twitter is for 14 year old girls and celeb-******s.

PromoTheRobot
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Frankly I don't blame him.

PTR

Ground Chuck
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Whitner has lost a step ever since he got tazed.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Whitner is a dickhead who talks too much and produces on the field too little.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Can you ever recall a more irrelevent nine tackle performance?

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
whitner literally went from being a surprise pick who took a pick to the house on brady in his first game, to having it overturned and sucking ever since.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Twitter is for 14 year old girls and celeb-******s.

That is true for sure.. But it is an excellent free promotional tool..

And I've ALWAYS said this; Don't think if you're not the Buffalo News or WGR that these guys dont read and here what is said about them.

That includes message boards, in fact I'm willing to bet money there are mutliple players on that team that have accounts on BZ incognito.

malo
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Whitner has lost a step ever since he got tazed.
:rofl:

mikemac2001
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Funny thing is i don't like you either.

billsburgh
09-27-2010, 06:55 PM
He wrote, and I quote

and he did.
that Ohio State education really workded out well for him I see. Obviously not an English major.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
It would be nice to see someone, anyone, in the local media take a homerish slant on things and concentrate on any positives instead of all the negatives, even if it isn't deserved or a 'realist' pov. It's a niche that's just screaming to be filled.

Berman didn't become a WNY icon by slamming his adopted team back in the late 80's.

mrbojanglezs
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
donte is such a ***

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
yea, nobody ever accused THE ohio state university football 'grads' of being extremely intelligent

Scumbag College
09-27-2010, 07:15 PM

And I've ALWAYS said this; Don't think if you're not the Buffalo News or WGR that these guys dont read and here what is said about them.

That includes message boards, in fact I'm willing to bet money there are mutliple players on that team that have accounts on BZ incognito.

I really doubt there's any Bills players on BZ. Have you seen them play? They probably can't read, which being illiterate would make this site not so entertaining. And if I was a 20- something millionaire in Buffalo I'd be at Sundowner in Niagara Falls, CA and every night.

dasaybz
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
I really don't care about Twitter and all that crap. The bottom line is that Donte was abused yesterday. He gets abused on a weekly basis, and he hasn't lived up to his #8 overall draft spot at all. Once his contract runs out, I highly doubt this team re-signs him.

Someone should ask him how many INTs he has in his career.

BlackMetalNinja
09-27-2010, 07:38 PM
LMAO, both halves of D and S Sports were blocked last year... you're slacking Pat!

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
LMAO, both halves of D and S Sports were blocked last year... you're slacking Pat!
he pulled a heel turn on me !

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Of which, one was actually a decent hit. His first in recent memory.

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
yea, nobody ever accused THE ohio state university football 'grads' of being extremely intelligent

Ohio State is a University? .....:question:

(No offense intended for the non-athletic students there....)

Mr. Pink
09-27-2010, 08:19 PM
It would be nice to see someone, anyone, in the local media take a homerish slant on things and concentrate on any positives instead of all the negatives, even if it isn't deserved or a 'realist' pov. It's a niche that's just screaming to be filled.

Berman didn't become a WNY icon by slamming his adopted team back in the late 80's.

In the late 80s the team was good.

better days
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM

Well, I did call for Trent to be cut as soon as he was benched................maybe Chan read my post.

mysticsoto
09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
If we didn't have so many holes, Donte might need to worry about his job immediately also. As it is though, he's in a contract year with low stats and will likely get replaced next yr.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Homerish...I suppose, I would just use the word amiable.

I guess if I was trying to get going as a reporter, Buffalo would be a great market. You can get attention from professional teams, quickly. If you couple that, with the fact that there are no media darlings in town, you could really use Buffalo as a launching pad.

I think the only thing you wouldn't want to do is entrench yourself with the Sullies and Schopps in town. The easiest way to do that would be to avoid taking the easy cheap shots. That really wouldn't be that difficult, and could really get you a nice start in a career.

Or, you could look for a high-five or two from all of the other people the team doesn't let anywhere near them, and just report scathing reviews and look to call out individuals on the team. That would be counter productive, because, although you may not like a player...the other players probably do, and they are going to stick together, especially with the way the media is around Buffalo. It's basically like a tank of ill tempered sea-bass.

It is hard to believe that the team doesn't like the media, when you all print is absolutely scathing reviews of the players and coaches, and never bother to, even accidentally type a kind word, when there are a lot of players doing nice things for the community. Chris Brown is whatever you say he is, but he's the only one that reports those things. Everybody else in on the slam them all, and if somebody does play well, or do something nice for the community, you just shift focus to the next negative.

It must be Ralph why nobody would want to come here, right? I'm sure there is no talking amongst players and coaches about how the local media is impossible to please, and void of professionalism. They all know how great the fans are...unless you miss a tackle in the 2nd Qtr, or god forbid, they didn't agree with the team drafting you...then you basically live in a living hell, where you aren't even treated like half a human being. Oh, if your black it's ten times worse. Other than that it's great. Ralph has paid underachieving players way too much money for years, but it is his fault nobody comes. The we get stuck with this bunch of thuggish, not talent, couldn't make a UFL team, piece of ****, players we have...see what I'm saying?

Mr. Pink
09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah, the Giants and Jets have such issues getting talent with a scathing media don't they?

BertSquirtgum
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
i don't like how much donte whitner sucks at football.

bills&sabresmvf
09-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Pat do you talk to Whitner on Media days and/or after the games or do you sit in your parents basement and just write opinions on what you know of him from other media outlets?

Personally I think Whitner is full of crap, but do you blame him for blocking someone who just writes about what he reads?

Zero
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Homerish...I suppose, I would just use the word amiable.

I guess if I was trying to get going as a reporter, Buffalo would be a great market. You can get attention from professional teams, quickly. If you couple that, with the fact that there are no media darlings in town, you could really use Buffalo as a launching pad.

I think the only thing you wouldn't want to do is entrench yourself with the Sullies and Schopps in town. The easiest way to do that would be to avoid taking the easy cheap shots. That really wouldn't be that difficult, and could really get you a nice start in a career.

Or, you could look for a high-five or two from all of the other people the team doesn't let anywhere near them, and just report scathing reviews and look to call out individuals on the team. That would be counter productive, because, although you may not like a player...the other players probably do, and they are going to stick together, especially with the way the media is around Buffalo. It's basically like a tank of ill tempered sea-bass.

It is hard to believe that the team doesn't like the media, when you all print is absolutely scathing reviews of the players and coaches, and never bother to, even accidentally type a kind word, when there are a lot of players doing nice things for the community. Chris Brown is whatever you say he is, but he's the only one that reports those things. Everybody else in on the slam them all, and if somebody does play well, or do something nice for the community, you just shift focus to the next negative.

It must be Ralph why nobody would want to come here, right? I'm sure there is no talking amongst players and coaches about how the local media is impossible to please, and void of professionalism. They all know how great the fans are...unless you miss a tackle in the 2nd Qtr, or god forbid, they didn't agree with the team drafting you...then you basically live in a living hell, where you aren't even treated like half a human being. Oh, if your black it's ten times worse. Other than that it's great. Ralph has paid underachieving players way too much money for years, but it is his fault nobody comes. The we get stuck with this bunch of thuggish, not talent, couldn't make a UFL team, piece of ****, players we have...see what I'm saying?

Don't blame the Buffalo media or fans for nobody wanting to come here. If the Bills were run like a professional football team perhaps the media wouldnt be as negative and the organization would still have some crediblity left with the players and the league. Nobody wants to come to the Buffalo Bills because the team is run like a second rate amateur program not a $700MM professional football franchise.

Case and point: I live in NYC and the media and fans here are world-reknown for being some the cruelest and hardest to please yet that has a minimal effect on who decides to play here.

Oaf
09-28-2010, 12:10 AM
whitner literally went from being a surprise pick who took a pick to the house on brady in his first game, to having it overturned and sucking ever since.
Gosh darn.. I remember that! Geez..

Buffalogic
09-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Whitner's not the only one...Boom.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Without a doubt, acehole is JP Losman, djjimkelly is JP's dad, hh is really Trent Edwards, Draftboy is really Tom Modark (yes we can blame him for the poor drafts), Eb is really Ralph Wilson, Jan is really Vince Ferrragamo, WYS is really Travis Brown, Mb is really Chris Kelsay, and Beastmode is really some 12 year old girl.

jpdex12
09-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I really don't care about Twitter and all that crap. The bottom line is that Donte was abused yesterday. He gets abused on a weekly basis, and he hasn't lived up to his #8 overall draft spot at all. Once his contract runs out, I highly doubt this team re-signs him.

Jesus, it seems like he's been on this team for twenty years already...when will the day come?

WeAreArthurMoates
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Ya Pat, what a douche. I seriously hope he's bench this week for Scott, I feel much more comfortable with Scott covering Keller than Whitner. Plus, Byron can blitz.

Historian
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I de-friended the douche months ago....

Mad Max
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm sure there is no talking amongst players and coaches about how the local media is impossible to please, and void of professionalism. They all know how great the fans are...unless you miss a tackle in the 2nd Qtr, or god forbid, they didn't agree with the team drafting you...then you basically live in a living hell, where you aren't even treated like half a human being. Oh, if your black it's ten times worse. Other than that it's great. Ralph has paid underachieving players way too much money for years, but it is his fault nobody comes. The we get stuck with this bunch of thuggish, not talent, couldn't make a UFL team, piece of ****, players we have...see what I'm saying?

Most large markets are overly critical of their own teams when they are under-performing. You talk as if Buffalo were the exception. It's not, it's the rule. I've personally lived in 4 of the top 7 markets in the country, and they were all the same when it came to bashing mediocrity. Worse than that, sometimes they'll bash their teams when they had very recent success.

Bashing mediocrity is normal, and I think a sign that people actually care. It's when they stop bashing that you have to start to worry.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the club.

Donte blocked me last season. And honestly, I didn't say anything out of line in the slightest.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Whitner is a dork.

DraftBoy
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
This is why I dont follow players...way too over emotional.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM

Actually, this is pretty much what got me blocked.

dasaybz
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM

Hahaha, awesome.

BlackMetalNinja
09-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I simply asked him why he was so much better at Twitter than football. :idunno:

Michael82
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Without a doubt, acehole is JP Losman, djjimkelly is JP's dad, hh is really Trent Edwards, Draftboy is really Tom Modark (yes we can blame him for the poor drafts), Eb is really Ralph Wilson, Jan is really Vince Ferrragamo, WYS is really Travis Brown, Mb is really Chris Kelsay, and Beastmode is really some 12 year old girl.
I'll come clean...I'm really Brian Brohm. :ontome:

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Without a doubt, acehole is JP Losman, djjimkelly is JP's dad, hh is really Trent Edwards, Draftboy is really Tom Modark (yes we can blame him for the poor drafts), Eb is really Ralph Wilson, Jan is really Jack Kemp, WYS is really Travis Brown, Mb is really Chris Kelsay, and Beastmode is really some 12 year old girl.
Fixed it.

Historian
09-28-2010, 04:15 PM
So essentially...you're dead?

Extremebillsfan247
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM

There is nothing in his contract that says he has to oblige you on anything. Don't sweat it though, I'm sure he isn't the only NFL player who shuts out certain media types. They are not obligated to talk to anyone. They either choose to or don't. Whether he likes you or not is beside the issue. JMO..

unpaid_bills
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Honestly who cares Donte is more concerned with this "Tweets" than his football skills .. that says it all:monkeyp:

unpaid_bills
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe he "blocked" you cause everyone "blocks" him in the game.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Fixed it.
I was going to say Jack Kemp but I didn't want to make you that old and dead.