• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Donte Whitner Doesn't Like me

"Blocked" me from Twitter because he doesn't like what I wrote about him...

Guy makes millions, and he's worried about some self-admitted hack that scrapes out a living pens about him on a website?

And he's mad because I legitimately questioned him about a reporter I know at the game Sunday who told me that Whitner ducked out of the locker room after the game and didn't speak to reporters.

For someone who TALKS as much as he does, he really needs to get some thicker skin.. ****, I'm poor and I deal with harsh criticism daily, and Im a nobody. .He's famous.. Deal with the negativity like a man.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Donte Whitner Doesn't Like me

Does this surprise anyone? The guy's a prima donna whose mouth is even bigger than the target on his back by opposing QBs.

Donte "No class or cover skills" Whitner
    Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 09-27-2010, 05:28 PM.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      "Blocked" me from Twitter because he doesn't like what I wrote about him...

Guy makes millions, and he's worried about some self-admitted hack that scrapes out a living pens about him on a website?

And he's mad because I legitimately questioned him about a reporter I know at the game Sunday who told me that Whitner ducked out of the locker room after the game and didn't speak to reporters.

For someone who TALKS as much as he does, he really needs to get some thicker skin.. ****, I'm poor and I deal with harsh criticism daily, and Im a nobody. .He's famous.. Deal with the negativity like a man.
      That's a mangina move to be sure. But within his character, so no surprise.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

He wrote, and I quote
        " I read ur timeline Pat lol ur right I am gonna block people imma start with u "

and he did.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

He wrote, and I quote
          " I read ur timeline Pat lol ur right I am gonna block people imma start with u "

and he did.
          El Douche.

You should have some fun with this, call into one of the Buffalo sports radio shows with your story...they'll definately put you on after they screen you.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Meh, who cares

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
              Meh, who cares
              Well about me, nobody- nor should you. . But when it comes to an alleged team leader, I do.. He LOVES to talk to the media, but can't take ANY criticisim from it.

It stems from what I wrote about him late last week...
              ------------------------
              It doesn’t take a football authority to critique how much the Buffalo Bills have disappointed; not only thus far in 2010 but for the better part of the past decade. The Bills are 0-2 and look far more like a team ready for a fight to evade having the worst record in the entire NFL than a squad ready to halt a decade long playoff drought. It’s testing enough losing so habitually, but according to one Buffalo player, opponents have taken to (literally) laughing the Bills off the field.

In a post by Bills.com lead journalist Chris Brown, Bills safety Donte Whitner stated that Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and other players were getting a good chuckle out of the Bills near the conclusion of their 34-7 shellacking last Sunday.

“It happened last week,” Whitner told Brown. ”The Packers were laughing at us. Aaron Rodgers and a lot of those guys were laughing at us toward the end of the football game and that never feels good.”

Whitner also said in the interview that Green Bay hasn’t been the only team to get giggles at Buffalo’s expense. He claims this week’s opponent, the New England Patriots have done the exact same thing.

“Yeah, by the end of the fourth quarter they’re laughing at us,” Whitner also told Brown. ”It always happens. We can’t keep allowing that to happen. Guys go out there and they work too hard. When you don’t come out the way that you prepare all week and all offseason to come out then there’s obviously something wrong.”

I find it peculiar that Whitner is the one publicly doing the complaining. Along with teammate Drayton Florence, Whitner typically leads the weekly brigade in Twitter smack talk. He rattles off several tweets boasting how ready and prepared his team is to win up until game time, then threatens to “block” frustrated fans come Monday morning when they’re ready to sound off after another abysmal team performance that he’s a big part of.

Especially ironic when you consider about the only time we ever seem to read or hear about Whitner is because of something he said– not something he did on Sundays.

I understand Whitner’s frustration. He’s an athlete and a man with plenty, maybe even too much pride. I also get that the meat and potatoes of his gripe with opposition laughter is because of his team’s own performance. No matter what, you can’t ever take away his passion for the game and desire to see his team succeed.

But one area where Whitner is undoubtedly correct is the only way to shut up the Patriots or other teams from suffering comedic induced bellyaches is by going out and winning. Since he is one of the team leaders, it’d be a good start for him to be the one who steps up and creates game-impacting plays– and 15 yards down the field shoulder tackles don’t qualify.

He’s in his fifth season in the league and up until this point, that unmistakably hasn’t happened. Maybe in part they’re laughing at the eighth overall pick of the 2006 draft that’s started 55 games yet only has four interceptions, two forced fumbles and one sack—for his career.

Or maybe they’re laughing at an offense that’s produced 17 points in two games and is dead last in the league in total yards.

Or maybe they’re laughing at a defense that had plenty of preseason self-hype yet has produced zero interceptions, zero forced fumbles and only three sacks in two weeks.

This is the same guy who guaranteed the Bills would make the playoffs in 2008. Buffalo finished the season 7-9.

That’s hard to not laugh at.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Heck I have never been on twitter but whenever he posts something it always shows up here and usually followed by about twenty negative posts about how he is all talk and does not back it up. Basically a weekly occurance.

At this point people are better off ignoring his tweets. Never seen anything positive come his tweets. If Donte covered the player he is covering as well as he covered what the media said about him he would be a great player.
                Last edited by don137; 09-27-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

[snip]Especially ironic when you consider about the only time we ever seem to read or hear about Whitner is because of something he said– not something he did on Sundays. [snip]

ZING! Truth hurts I guess.

Comment

• DBrown77
                    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                    • Mar 2005

He was the leading tackler this week on the Bills. 7-2

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

Twitter is for 14 year old girls and celeb-******s.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Frankly I don't blame him.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                          • Jul 2009

Whitner has lost a step ever since he got tazed.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Whitner is a dickhead who talks too much and produces on the field too little.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DBrown77
                              He was the leading tackler this week on the Bills. 7-2
                              Can you ever recall a more irrelevent nine tackle performance?

Comment

Working...
                              X