PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson Cmon Man!

homeslice5484
09-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Stevies TD celebration was just on ESPN Cmon Man! I love it!

Hopefully more TDs to come!

http://www.twitvid.com/IE7BW

hydro
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
You know that is bad though right? C'mon man isn't a positive.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I cut him some slack yesterday because he's young, it was a big moment for him, and a big game. He does it again, though, and he officially makes the 'dumbass' list.

YardRat
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
BTW...

Is the flag thrown on Ocho or TO if they pull the same stunt?

homeslice5484
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Dude cmon, he didn't use the ball as a prop. So all those packers jumping into the stands and celebrating doesn't get a penalty? Everytime NE scored and spiked the ball thats ok?

I doubt he does it again, but it was still sweet. We don't see that often! It is hard enough for us to score, so for yesterday that was an added bonus!

hydro
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Dude cmon, he didn't use the ball as a prop. So all those packers jumping into the stands and celebrating doesn't get a penalty? Everytime NE scored and spiked the ball thats ok?

I doubt he does it again, but it was still sweet. We don't see that often! It is hard enough for us to score, so for yesterday that was an added bonus!

You obviously don't know the rules. You are not supposed to fall to the ground for a celebration (stupid I know). Also the Packers are allowed to do the Lambeau leap, one of the few exceptions. Spiking the ball is fine as long as it isn't towards an opponent.

Scumbag College
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Cmon man is another stupid thing that ESPN does.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
keyshawn johnson took a dig at the bills as well. i didn't think of all the mistakes made that warranted being called out.

i think johnson took the penalty for using a weapon in the celebration. the refs don't want to miss that call to only have the league fine him for it.

the league is ******ed about taking the joy out of scoring a touchdown, especially for a team that so rarely does it.

Mr. Pink
09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
BTW...

Is the flag thrown on Ocho or TO if they pull the same stunt?

Not only are they flagged, they're also likely fined.

justasportsfan
09-27-2010, 09:00 PM
good for him. That was funny

psubills62
09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
The penalty was poor timing, but it's not like that's what lost us the game.

ChristopherWalken
09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I thought this was a BS call too...until someone just explained that he imitated using a weapon.

Reason I thought BS was because NE was celebrating pretty heavily after scoring.

Bone
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
who cares it was creative and it was against the pats!

Buffalo Thriller
09-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey hydro! you wanna maxi-pad? you sound like you need one

Oaf
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
It's the first play he's made all year, come on dude. Be mature and hand the ball back until you score a few more.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2010, 02:25 AM
oh well he scored had an entertaining celebration and im sure was lectured about it.

Crisis
09-28-2010, 02:53 AM
i got more enjoyment out of steve's penalty than i did watching this defense play.

i don't like steve johnson but that was hilarious

hydro
09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey hydro! you wanna maxi-pad? you sound like you need one
What's your problem? Homeslice your butt-buddy or something?

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Excessive celebrations that move us back 15 yards are stupid. Be a professional. Hand the ball to the official and get off the field.

The last buffalo fan
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Good job, Steve Uno Tres!!! :beers:

Pinkerton Security
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
yeah didnt he steal this from Ocho Cinco?

superbills
09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
LOL at this. Was he getting shot or was he falling down from the kick-back of the rifle (or musket)?

Pinkerton Security
09-28-2010, 09:11 AM
LOL at this. Was he getting shot or was he falling down from the kick-back of the rifle (or musket)?

o wow i didnt even think about it as him getting shot...it'd be even funnier if thats what he meant because he was pretending to be one of those Patriots..lol

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
The celebration was funny and creative.

Flagging it was ridiculous and just another example of the No Fun League.

:hi5: to Stevie

THRILLHO
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Stevie took a risk. If NE returned that kick for a TD, the loss would be his fault. But instead, he gave us a funny celebration that I know I enjoyed.

Michael82
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
I enjoyed the celebration and honestly miss seeing the different ones each week. It made the game more entertaining, but the No Fun League ruined it.

trapezeus
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
i'm all for acting like you've been there before, but the truth is we rarely are there. so might as well make the best of it and have some fun. take the 15 yard penalty. it's not like the defense is getting the stop anyways (though they did after that penalty)

The team might as well pretend they are having fun out there.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 09:52 AM
For the record, it was the kick back from the rifle. He was mocking the minute men that were standing at the back of the end zone. Again, no props and not excessive. The NFL sucks sometimes.

The King
09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
It wasnt funny and it wasnt original. Ocho Cinco talked about doing this in week one.

So he took someones idea and he cost the team 15 yards in a game we were losing in.

This was idiotic IMO.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 10:00 AM
It wasnt funny and it wasnt original. Ocho Cinco talked about doing this in week one.

So he took someones idea and he cost the team 15 yards in a game we were losing in.

This was idiotic IMO.

Ocho Cinco talked about taking their gun and using it. Then he pussed out when given the opportunity.

You guys are a bunch of whine bags. God forbid the players HAVE FUN playing the game. So stupid.

OpIv37
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
The flag was borderline at best and it didn't change the outcome of the game. I'm OK with it.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
what wasn't funny was LYnch doing push ups and it wasn't even a TD.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Must be the difference in age. I grew up watching Jim Brown handing the ball to the official and trotting off the field like a professional. I still prefer this to the antics that go on today.

Plus - like it or not - there are rules against these kinds of celebrations, and I would hate to see us eat 15 yards on the kick off every time we score. I know Gailey talked to Johnson, and I think he won't do it again.

cocamide
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Ocho Cinco talked about taking their gun and using it. Then he pussed out when given the opportunity.

You guys are a bunch of whine bags. God forbid the players HAVE FUN playing the game. So stupid.

Thank you. I thought it was hilarious. My friend, a Jets fan, also thought it was hilarious. People just want to whine and cry about everything around here.

cocamide
09-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Must be the difference in age. I grew up watching Jim Brown handing the ball to the official and trotting off the field like a professional. I still prefer this to the antics that go on today.

Plus - like it or not - there are rules against these kinds of celebrations, and I would hate to see us eat 15 yards on the kick off every time we score. I know Gailey talked to Johnson, and I think he won't do it again.

Who's to say what Jim Brown would do if he were treated like a super-ultra-megastar with millions upon millions of dollars like the kids are today?

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Who's to say what Jim Brown would do if he were treated like a super-ultra-megastar with millions upon millions of dollars like the kids are today?
We'll never know, but Jim Brown is a proud man. I doubt if he would act like the clowns of today.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Those darn kids today with their iPods and goofy hairstyles! When I was growing up, everybody had a nice clean crew cut and wore a suit and tie everywhere they went.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Those darn kids today with their iPods and goofy hairstyles! When I was growing up, everybody had a nice clean crew cut and wore a suit and tie everywhere they went.
Yeah, these young whipper snappers. When I was young, we wrote on stone tablets, called everyone ma'am and sir, and walked five miles to school, uphill each way.

cocamide
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
We'll never know, but Jim Brown is a proud man. I doubt if he would act like the clowns of today.

I don't doubt that, and there are a lot of classy guys in the NFL still. And I agree, I have a lot more respect for people who handle themselves like Jim Brown than people who make jackasses out of themselves all the time. However, Johnson is young and he got caught up in the moment, and did something pretty dumb (but funny). Let's see him get a few more TDs this week and I'm sure he'll handle himself differently and more maturely.

tomz
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Lynch did the push-ups because he slid into the position. He propped himself up to avoid doing the splits on some apparently slippery surface off the sideline. Once he found himself in that position--based on a move to save himself an injury--he had a little fun with it. It wasn't a 'celebration.'

The King
09-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Endzone celebrations from a losing team are ******ed. Spend more time thinking about how you can make an impact and less time about how your going to get your 5 seconds on sports center.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Endzone celebrations from a losing team are ******ed. Spend more time thinking about how you can make an impact and less time about how your going to get your 5 seconds on sports center.

He scored on a 37 yard touchdown pass. If anything, that gets him on sportscenter. Again, how dare he celebrate and have fun. It was his first career TD. Big deal.

The only people whining about this are uptight Bills fans with their panties in a bunch.

The King
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
He scored on a 37 yard touchdown pass. If anything, that gets him on sportscenter. Again, how dare he celebrate and have fun. It was his first career TD. Big deal.

The only people whining about this are uptight Bills fans with their panties in a bunch.

I have zero issues with TD celebrations. I actually admire Chad for how much money he contributes to the united way each year.

But dancing on the road in a losing effort, is dumb and it makes the team look stupid. That's not the time for fun... that's the time to get focused and back into the game.

stuckincincy
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Yep.

I suspect that the crowing child is going to be repaid in Gillette Stadium on Dec 26, with a hard forearm to the ribs or chops.

Does he play on the ST? That's a perfect time to deliver the message, knocking his love for himself up his snot locker, so to speak.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I have zero issues with TD celebrations. I actually admire Chad for how much money he contributes to the united way each year.

But dancing on the road in a losing effort, is dumb and it makes the team look stupid. That's not the time for fun... that's the time to get focused and back into the game.

I know what you're saying because I dislike when players jump around and dance when losing, I just didn't view this as the same situation.

And whether or not we like it, it still shouldn't have been flagged, which is why I refuse to give Stevie a hard time for it.

The King
09-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I know what you're saying because I dislike when players jump around and dance when losing, I just didn't view this as the same situation.

And whether or not we like it, it still shouldn't have been flagged, which is why I refuse to give Stevie a hard time for it.

I dont understand the rules around the "excesive" celebration. I think it was justified though. But my issue is more with the celebration while losing, and the fact that it was something Ocho Cinco talked about.

hydro
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Here is a little write up about NFL celebration rules.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6636350_endzone-celebration-nfl-rules.html

The King
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
ok so he left his feet EOS.

HAMMER
09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
good for him. That was funny

The penalty wasn't, that's what mattered.

I bet those Minute Men douchers were pissed. They are probably moonlighting from their civil war reenactment duties. They are probably considered the creme de la creme of reenactors in the reenactment community. What a bunch of homos!

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Good thing the rules are subject to who is calling the game. I mean, it would've been a shame if Santonio Holmes was flagged on his SB winning touchdown catch.